Search results

1. B

Elac Miracord wiring help needed

Once I had the idea right in my head, I started looking through my collection of broken turntables for a suitable enclosure and guess what -- all my turntables from the 70's have the exact same connector wired up exactly the same way. In fact on 3 of the 4 I could have unplugged the molex and...
  2. B

Thank you Larry! You were perfectly clear explaining it the first time (I see now). I guess I just needed the extra stuff cleared away. And thanks for having patience answering an Elac turntable question in a Fisher thread. The pin 1 outboard ground you mentioned in post 9- That's just the...
  3. B

It's been just shy of 5 years since someone contributed to this thread. I too have a Miracord 10F recovered from a Fisher console. Mine was a Futura VI Model F590. My question is almost the same-but I want to make mine a stand-alone TT. It has a couple of RCA plugs I could plug into phono-in...
  4. B

Auditorium setup: why is this expert advising these speakers?

You guys are all brilliant! Every educated and experienced answer here makes perfect sense when approached from the many parts of the wide, varied and sometimes ambiguous original question. I'd like to end this with some special thank you's to dshoaf for the "Clarity is for old folks, this isn't...
  5. B

Thank you all for your input. We're sticking with this company because they do all of our security cam work (we have about 30), and they integrated our auditorium camera and current sound system into the in-house cable TV system. We decided to upgrade the camera, which is probably from the...
  6. B

Our non-profit is looking to upgrade our audio in a 315 person auditorium/gymnasium. The gear currently in there is so old nobody remembers anything about it. The H-K amp is a mono 70 volt system with 4 ceiling speakers that are so high, we don't even have the equipment to analyze whats up...
  7. B

Scott Stereomster 388

I just picked one of these wonderful receivers. I needed a TV cheater cord to find out if it worked and there are several different ones out there. After attempting to measure the thickness and distance between the poles (I got 2.88 mm thick, 7.48 center to center-but I couldn't align my caliper...
  8. B

Yet another 70 & 100 volt question. . .

Thank you for all the replies! I guess I don't have email notification set up or I'd have been back sooner. I went ahead and got the transformers to test the speakers. Indeed they do work - both the speakers and the line matching transformers. I attached two of the 24CTs, a subwoofer, and then...
  9. B

Yet another 70 & 100 volt question. . .

I just purchased some used JBL commercial 70 volt ceiling speakers; 4 of the 24CT and a pair of 19CST sub-woofers. Of course they don't work on my home system . . . they murmured while my A channel speakers blasted. Wikipedia says I need a step-up transformer between my amp and the speakers...
  10. B

My EV T25A is missing it's diaphragm -- source?

Hi, I found a basket case Electro-Voice T25A midrange horn. It looks like all the parts are there, I have both diaphragm gaskets, the bad diaphragm, driver, rear cover, and the horn with the stabilizer brackets. My first stop was Simply Speakers, where I asked if the single EV diaphragm that...
  11. B

Can you ID this Pioneer Turntable?

Well, that was fast. I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks Stillhouse! ---And you two too, boreas and Killer Fox.
  12. B

Can you ID this Pioneer Turntable?

This turntable coming up for sale shortly. I'm trying to get a grip on just what it is. It looks like some pictures I googled labeled PL-1150, but other pics are completely different. I'm pretty sure it's a PL-11XX, but which? Thanks for any assist! Batcap
  13. B

Onkyo model 25's

My pair looks just like wmgwizard's, at least on the outside, never peeked inside. Massive. The heaviest speaker per cu. ft. I've ever experienced. I paid $15 for mine at a yard sale and they looked brand new in 2008. Acquiring these allowed me to sell off my 901s, not to start a discussion on...
  14. B

Mystery speakers.....Help?

The silver cone on the mid-range got me a little worked up. Who was that guy that made the speakers with aluminum/Mylar cones that he balanced himself upon?
  15. B

What Cartridge and needle is this?

My thanks to you all for the informative and kind comments. As I understand it, I should be looking for a: Pioneer PL-N9 or Pfanstiehl 623-D7 or maybe best JICO Conical Needle to fit my cartridge PL-C9. Thanks so much for your help. I'll send a few pics after she's all spiffed up...
  16. B

What Cartridge and needle is this?

It was my amazing good fortune to p/u a Pioneer PL-41. It spun up just fine but there was nothing to plug it into at the site. By the time I got home (having left it intact for the short ride) the spindle thrust bearing pad was crushed. Ordered and installed, lubed with hair clipper oil and...
  17. B

Can This Knob Be Saved? From 660T

I think the only difference between this and the 550T is that you can adjust the voltage for use overseas. The gentleman I got this from said he nearly went broke saving money by shipping this and a few other pieces home from Europe. I have the pressed wood veneered cradle (what is that...
  18. B

One of the knobs already had bits of crushed up toothpicks pushed down into the end of it so I figured that had been tried. What worked for me was snipping the corner off of one of those thin store club cards. I used an expired BJ's Warehouse card, but a RiteAid card would work too. It most...
  19. B

Hi All, I ran across a very nice 660T recently. The only thing I can find wrong with it is that the outer half (left channel) part of both the bass and treble controls are loose. Falling off loose. In taking a good close look at a tight, working knob, there's this little thin flat plate that...
  20. B

Stop me if you heard this one before . . . Estate Sale Goodmans

I know a joke is supposed to follow that remark, how about some deja vu instead? I bought a pair of Goodmans S-G-7 from an estate sale. The backs don't come off (glued/sealed) and just look at the front for yourself. Someone (I swear it wasn't me) already ripped off a nice sliver of trim. By...
  21. B

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

1958 NFL Championship (Greatest Game Ever Played) off WBAL radio in Baltimore I was looking to get a reel deck from an estate sale. Unfortunately the deck was beyond my abilities. While rooting thru the tapes to test it I ran across a tape that was hand-written "1958 NFL Championship", then...
  22. B

JBL Signature C-38 cabnets with a suprise inside! And what is this Sticky Stuff?

Y'all have me convinced to patch the one up and give them a proper listen with a better amp than I'm using now. I'm a picker and a eBayer, lots of nice equipment has passed thru here, but nothing quite so highly regarded as the 604E's. It's hazardous to get attached to stuff you bought with...
  23. B

JBL Signature C-38 cabnets with a suprise inside! And what is this Sticky Stuff?

I recklessly barged ahead, fortunately deciding not to pry it off with a screwdriver. The cap came right off after removing screws. The diaphragm was a little stuck on one side, and then it wasn't. So this is a fried tweeter diaphragm? Just two little tiny spots as far as I can see. It looks...
  24. B

GPA Emailed I emailed Great Plains Audio to see what parts and repair would cost. From what I've read there, I'll need both a diaphragm and an adapter for all older Altec speakers. Meanwhile I'm looking at what you see pictured below, wondering how the black piece comes off the gold colored...
Back
Top Bottom