Search results

1. B

Auditorium setup: why is this expert advising these speakers?

Our non-profit is looking to upgrade our audio in a 315 person auditorium/gymnasium. The gear currently in there is so old nobody remembers anything about it. The H-K amp is a mono 70 volt system with 4 ceiling speakers that are so high, we don't even have the equipment to analyze whats up...
  2. B

Yet another 70 & 100 volt question. . .

I just purchased some used JBL commercial 70 volt ceiling speakers; 4 of the 24CT and a pair of 19CST sub-woofers. Of course they don't work on my home system . . . they murmured while my A channel speakers blasted. Wikipedia says I need a step-up transformer between my amp and the speakers...
  3. B

My EV T25A is missing it's diaphragm -- source?

Hi, I found a basket case Electro-Voice T25A midrange horn. It looks like all the parts are there, I have both diaphragm gaskets, the bad diaphragm, driver, rear cover, and the horn with the stabilizer brackets. My first stop was Simply Speakers, where I asked if the single EV diaphragm that...
  4. B

Can you ID this Pioneer Turntable?

This turntable coming up for sale shortly. I'm trying to get a grip on just what it is. It looks like some pictures I googled labeled PL-1150, but other pics are completely different. I'm pretty sure it's a PL-11XX, but which? Thanks for any assist! Batcap
  5. B

What Cartridge and needle is this?

It was my amazing good fortune to p/u a Pioneer PL-41. It spun up just fine but there was nothing to plug it into at the site. By the time I got home (having left it intact for the short ride) the spindle thrust bearing pad was crushed. Ordered and installed, lubed with hair clipper oil and...
  6. B

Can This Knob Be Saved? From 660T

Hi All, I ran across a very nice 660T recently. The only thing I can find wrong with it is that the outer half (left channel) part of both the bass and treble controls are loose. Falling off loose. In taking a good close look at a tight, working knob, there's this little thin flat plate that...
  7. B

Stop me if you heard this one before . . . Estate Sale Goodmans

I know a joke is supposed to follow that remark, how about some deja vu instead? I bought a pair of Goodmans S-G-7 from an estate sale. The backs don't come off (glued/sealed) and just look at the front for yourself. Someone (I swear it wasn't me) already ripped off a nice sliver of trim. By...
  8. B

JBL Signature C-38 cabnets with a suprise inside! And what is this Sticky Stuff?

Hi All, this is my first post, tho' I've lurked a while. I picked up a pair of JBL Signature C-38 boxes last weekend for $40. Not a pair exactly. They are left and right, but one is oak with a slide-out grill, the other one is mahogany and the grill doesn't seem to be removable. I turned...
Back
Top Bottom