Search results

1. N

Polk forum down? Edit: it's back as of 20210326 @23:00 EDT

I ended up accessing a lot of the pages I needed using the Internet Archive. I needed some info on Polk SRS 1.2 speakers, and the interconnect cable that runs between them. I think I have it figured out though.
  2. N

Polk forum down? Edit: it's back as of 20210326 @23:00 EDT

Still down as of this morning. It figures, I've never looked at the Polk forum before, but now that I need some information (and quickly), it's down.
  3. N

You Get The Last Word!

Donuts were the pygmies' favorite snack to eat in celebration of capturing the intruders and tying them to the rubber trees.
  4. N

Will CDs become collectibles?

In a way, CDs have already become collectible to an extent. Already there are people looking for the original CD release instead of the re-release or the remaster for the same reason that people look for the original vinyl - (usually) better sound quality. And then there are the discs that are...
  5. N

Is $5 worth the hassle?

Sometimes I wonder more about the free stuff than the $5 items, especially with ads like this: http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/4241129327.html Not audio related, but still worth a look, and from my hometown no less! :D
  6. N

Odd fix for Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Hum

So I was just getting ready to record one of my albums to tape. The tape machine was ready to go, all the levels were set, and as the needle hit the record, through my headphones I hear the dreaded Pro-Ject hum. Of course I couldn't go on recording with that noise in the background so I begin to...
  7. N

Mobile Fidelity Pre-recorded Reel?

Interesting, I'm surprised I haven't seen more of these. I guess the market wasn't really interested in easy listening :scratch2: It sounds great! (except for a couple drop-outs in the very beginning) Not usually into easy listening, but I ended up recording it to uncompressed wav files just...
  8. N

Mobile Fidelity Pre-recorded Reel?

Was just looking through a bunch of pre-recorded reels that I bought at a flea market for $40 and I noticed that this tape said "A Mobile Fidelity Production" on the back. Anyone have any info on this? I didn't know they made pre-recorded reels.
  9. N

One Word Song Title Transference

Yikes! How on earth did I make that mistake? I've posted before. Must have gotten on the wrong page somehow. Do You Believe In Love - Huey Lewis & the News
  10. N

Vintage amps getting more expensive to purchase , everywhere ! my rant .

I'm young and into vintage audio, but I am definitely NOT a hipster. I too have noticed the increase in prices, but there's always a good deal out there somewhere - just takes time to find it. I wish it was easier, but to a degree, I do enjoy the thrill of the hunt.
  11. N

Waiting for Worms - Pink Floyd
  12. N

FREE BIRD! - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  13. N

Do you have too much gear (stuff)?

That's exactly the way I think :D That mindset has worked in the past and it still works now!
  14. N

You're All I've Got Tonight - The Cars
  15. N

Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
  16. N

Highway Star - Deep Purple
  17. N

A Horse With No Name - America
  18. N

Pioneer SA-9100 questions

Ok thanks, I haven't soldered anything in a while, so I think I'll find some old radio or something to practice on first. Sorry for the delayed response. I've been busy lately.
  19. N

Pioneer SA-9100 questions

Hi AKers, I just recently bought a Pioneer SA-9100 amp and TX-7100 tuner both in absolutely pristine physical condition for $125. Just out of habit I cleaned all the pots and switches with contact cleaner, then hooked it all up. The tuner works great! However, the sound from the amp wasn't...
  20. N

Stoned Love - The Supremes
  21. N

Take Me In Your Arms - Doobie Brothers
  22. N

Me And You And A Dog Named Boo - Lobo
  23. N

Like To Get To Know You - Spanky and Our Gang
  24. N

The Comically Misunderstood Lyric Thread

The first time I heard "I Melt With You" on the radio, I could've sworn they said, "I'll stop the world and melt the Jews"... Would have been a good theme song for Hitler
  25. N

Wild Billy's Circus Story - Bruce Springsteen
Back
Top Bottom