Search results

1. PhilInAudio

Marantz 2270 Power Amplifier Board Parts BOM

Sorry, I've been extremely busy for the past year and have been out of touch. Steven Tate...thanks for your last message! I'll recheck my 2270 when I get the chance. The good news is that my 2270 has been running absolutely perfectly since the amplifier section rebuild back at the end of...
  2. PhilInAudio

Vintage Subwoofer??????

Grateful...I live in Massachusetts as well. I have a Cambridge Soundworks PSW1 that needs repair. Do you know of any repair shops that can handle it? Or, do you know where I can get the Service Manual? I have service manual for almost all my stuff. I forgot to get one years ago for the PSW1...
  3. PhilInAudio

Speakers: What do you own?

TheDeliHaus, where do you get service on you Cambridge Soundwork gear? I live in Massachusetts and I have an ailing CSW PSW1 sub-woofer that needs to be fixed. Please share any thoughts that you have on a good CSW service center. Thanks.
  4. PhilInAudio

Need Help - Need CSW PSW1 Service Manual

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a copy of a CSW (Cambridge Soundworks) powered sub-woofer model "PSW1" service manual? I need the wiring diagram / schematic to trouble shoot the amplifier section. Please help! Thanks so much!
  5. PhilInAudio

JBL L112 Worth the trouble

Very nice job!!! :)
  6. PhilInAudio

One Man's Quest To Make CV LS-12's Sound Good

AlexLTDLX...your CVs look awesome on your screened in porch!!! :-) I love it!
  7. PhilInAudio

Yamaha natural sound A30D and Cambridge soundworks model 17

I have found that most CSW (Cambridge SoundWorks) speakers sound awesome! In my opinion, CSW really doesn't get enough credit. The CSW Model 17 speakers sound great alone, but consider adding a CSW subwoofer to the CSW Model 17 speakers and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the...
  8. PhilInAudio

$1500 to spend a Amp/Reciever, What would you get for Classic Rock ?

I get your point. For me, I love restoring old vintage stuff...plus I love the sound of it!!! I'm very lucky because I truly have found the sound that I've always been looking for. Plus, at this point, if I went up-scale in price...I'd be forced to go to "single's" bars! :-)
  9. PhilInAudio

JoeESP9, you are very very lucky to live in Philadelphia and have the opportunity to hear the Philadelphia Orchestra regularly! I was born and raised in Cleveland and I was 9 years old when I heard the Cleveland Orchestra for the last time. I have not forgotten it! Unfortunately, I don't know...
  10. PhilInAudio

That is exactly how I used my Definitive Technology speakers, Home Theater (HT)! I totally agree that the Def Techs present an amazing soundstage. I have an ultra modern sound room that had the BP 7006s up front and the BP 7004s in rear. Star Wars never sounded so good! :) Here are a few...
  11. PhilInAudio

Wow...another pair of old-school 70s speakers! I've never heard them before but I've always liked the lighter color veneer that Infinity used. A very good looking pair of speakers.
  12. PhilInAudio

I had a pair of Definitive Technology BP 7006s which I believe are similar to your BP10s. I agree with you...Definitive Technology really doesn't get the respect that they should. IMO, they are a very very good speaker! The other thing I loved about them was their look. To me...they just...
  13. PhilInAudio

I said, "any CDs that were originally recorded in the 70's"...in other words, the CDs you have now...that were originally recorded in the 70's. Perhaps I should have mentioned originally recorded in the 70's on tape. But I think most understood what I meant.
  14. PhilInAudio

JoeESP9, thanks for sharing your story. Clearly I have a significant gap in my planar knowledge. At some point I need to spend some time and hear them. The Acoustat Model 3 at 32Hz sounds like one of the "must hear" speakers! :-)
  15. PhilInAudio

You know...It's very interesting reading all the different opinions on the JBL-L100s. I guess in the wake of today's technology, the L100s are considered old-school and there are much "better" speakers out there. But this debate reminds me of another debate that I keep bumping into, which I'll...
  16. PhilInAudio

Marantz 2270 Power Amplifier Board Parts BOM

OK..I have time this weekend to work on the 2270's bias issue in the left channel. I'll update everyone shortly.
  17. PhilInAudio

New England

New England
  18. PhilInAudio

If I remember correctly, the VR-7000 sold for $499, the VRX-9000 sold for $899 and the top unit VRX-9500 sold for $999. The great thing was, back then when we sold them, they were very rarely returned! They were all surprisingly reliable and very good sounding! We could not keep the VR-7000...
  19. PhilInAudio

Can I handle these speakers: Ohm Walsh 3, Dahlquist DQ-20s

Yes...that's a huge help!!! First of all, I really like your musical taste. The only one I was familiar with was the Elmore James. The others were new and great! From my perspective, with this music I think there are a lot of really good speakers for you to select from, which makes it...
  20. PhilInAudio

OK...guys...look...let's end this!!! If their is something I said or the way I said it that offended you...I apologize. I thought I was sharing content and perspective so others can understand what I was saying and why I was saying it. Clearly I was wrong in my objective and approach. I...
  21. PhilInAudio

Braincramp...wow, nice size room! How did you find out that your speaker placement was so important? How long did it take you to find the sweet-spot?
  22. PhilInAudio

JoeE SP9...you are operating with very nice high-end equipment! I know nothing about Magnepan. You've clearly invested a lot of money in them. What makes them so special? How did you find them...a friend...a stereo shop? What kind of music do you play on them?
  23. PhilInAudio

Deltalight... you put your finger right on the one thing that bugged me about the KA-801...it didn't have pre-out/main-in jacks. What a glaring omission! The reason why I didn't change the power filter caps is simply because I liked the look of them! The replacements were way too small. Plus...
  24. PhilInAudio

Braincramp...In the past, I was totally unaware of the Bose 901s' placement requirements. I can't say if the guys I knew that had them were aware of the placement issues either. Knowing this now, if I get the chance, I'll listen to them again. For the benefit of others, what size is your room...
Back
Top Bottom