Search results

1. V

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

Thank you for the info! These speakers don’t even have the model number. I’ve heard FTB built speakers for the University of Oregon music department, maybe these were from there?
  2. V

I’m posting here again because I’ve purchased some very rare speakers. They were made in Portland Oregon by an outfit called The Fabulous Tweeter Brothers, or FTB. The enclosures are made from what appears to be 1” MDF and are rear ported. The drivers are a 1” Sound Dynamics soft dome tweeter...
  3. V

Realistic Minimus 7 ID Thread

I finally had some time to open it up. The woofer has this on the back: REALISTIC® 4" WOOFER CAT. NO. 40 - 1022B 55Hz - 5KHz NOMINAL 5 W MAX. 10 W 8 OHMS PHILIPPINES 9A1 I believe it is a replacement woofer. The tweeter has this on the back: TWEETER SD-60 8 OHMS JAPAN 7D24YY
  4. V

Realistic Minimus 7 ID Thread

So I was in a thrift store and came across a lone Minimus-7. It’s in really nice cosmetic shape. 40-2030C made in Japan 8327 12A7. Being afflicted with the “sickness”, I couldn’t help but buy it. When I got it home I realized I’ve never seen a woofer like this one. Earlier in this thread...
  5. V

Unusual small speaker thread.

Yes, it is! It’s one way to increase the magnetic flux.
  6. V

Boston Acoustics 500L Series II Lynfield

Congratulations on getting a great speaker. You may want to track down “Kolledog” on Audiogon.com. He was looking for a tweeter as well ,way back when. He may be parting out the speakers he has. Here’s the link...
  7. V

Unusual small speaker thread.

I came upon these little guys in a second hand store. Unusually heavy and unusually little I formation about them. These were made by The Fabulous Tweeter Brothers AKA FTB. Only thing I can find on the internet is that they made the speakers in the University of Oregon music department. A...
  8. V

A 2330B rebuild

I’d be interested in a pair of those for my 2330b as well.
  9. V

Any reputable vintage Marantz receiver repair in Southern California?

I’ll third Tom at Northridge electronics in Simi Valley. He recapped and tuned my 2330b.
  10. V

how many models do you currently have?

You all have some impressive collections! I have: Original Modulus (no sub) Infinitesimal 0.2 (three pair) Infinitesimal 0.1 single iCar plate speakers 1 pair (in 6x9 boxes) Frankenstein speakers based on a Minimus 77 using infinity midrange drivers and emit tweeters.
  11. V

My rarest pair of speakers is my Boston Acoustic Lynnfield Series 400L. I don’t know how many were made but the 400L shows up online a lot less than the 300L and the 500L. I’m currently running a Marantz 2330b to the mids and highs and a BGW 410 for the woofers.
  12. V

Boston Acoustics Lynnfield 400L - Midrange acts like woofer...??

Hi there. Would you happen to have any manuals or documentation for the Lynnfield Series 300L 400L or 500L speakers?
  13. V

What are the Most Collectible Infinitiy speakers?

Nice brochures. Have you considered posting them in the AudioKarma database? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/please-help-the-ak-database.349095/
  14. V

AMK selling their Marantz faceplate tooling.

For those of you looking for a faceplate and have a some extra cash. AMK is selling their tooling to make vintage Marantz faceplates. Check out the Bay for details.
  15. V

Anyone have an Owner's Manual for Boston Lynnfield 500L Speakers?

The odds are very long on finding any manuals for the Boston Acoustics Lynnfield 400L or 500L. I’ve been looking for years and closest I found was a design award for the manual. To complicate the issue is that apparently there were two series of Lynnfield speakers. The crossovers were...
  16. V

Hi. Do you own the iCar pictures in your profile? I own a pair as well. Did you get the...

Hi. Do you own the iCar pictures in your profile? I own a pair as well. Did you get the brochure when you bought yours? I’d love to see it if you have one. Could you let me know which bass driver you have? Mine is 12F72DR-S10131 413DNF. I can’t find any information on these drivers.
  17. V

Let's See those Infinity FrankenSpeakers ...... Infinity DIY Projects

Here’s my frankenspeaker, a Minimus 77 with a woofer from an Infinity iCar plate speaker. The tweeter pictured is from a Boston Acoustics 555x home theater speaker. I haven’t figured out how I want to mount it yet so I am running the Realistic tweeter. It sounds fine but I will be auditioning...
  18. V

Woodcases

Would you be able to scan a clear copy of the instruction sheet? I’ve searched and searched and have not found a clear scan of that sheet. Maybe since I’m asking, could you share pictures of how the panels fit together? Especially the top panel and side panel grooves? Thank you very much!
  19. V

RSL speakers, am I alone?

I have a pair of the CG-8a version. I really like the sound. I’m curious what your impressions are of the CG-8 version.
  20. V

What amp drives your Infinities?

I have a pair of infinitesimal 0.2 matched with a powered Logitech sub. The infinitesimals are powered by a Denon AVR-1913 receiver. I hope to have an Atmos system with six infinitesimals and a pair of RSll-B for music someday.
  21. V

What amp drives your Infinities?

I am wondering what’s powering your infinitesimals and also if you’re using them for home theater.
  22. V

Infinitesimal restoration

Helicoils are available in small sizes. I think it is a viable option but I haven’t tried this repair.
  23. V

RS-IIB speaker grills

There is a full set of RS-ll covers on that auction site right now. Not the lla or llb. Kind of high but they look like they’re in great shape. I’m not at all affiliated with the vendor other than I bought a pair of the midrange drivers from them. They arrived in great packaging and with...
  24. V

Finally, nearly 40 years later.

Congratulations! Those look to be in really good shape. If you plan on rehabbing them be sure to search here for the other threads about Infinitesimals. Be especially careful with the screws when you tighten them. They will strip out if not done carefully. Also it’s recommended to cross...
  25. V

Stack of marantz receivers at estate sale.

Not affiliated at all with this sale. I’m also way too far to get there. Anyway here’s the info. https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Valley-Glen/91401/1969695 I hope somebody can save all those units. Also can anybody list the models if they know? I’m curious which model that is on the bottom.
Back
Top Bottom