Search results

1. jimfet

I'm getting ready for grill season

Well it's time to get really ready for grilling season. Just ground up an almost 11lb ribeye loin that has been aging in my fridge for around 6 weeks. Got 29 patties out of it. Just vac packed 4 burgers per bag, except one bag had 5. Now in the freezer. Tomorrow will be clean all the grills...
  2. jimfet

Holiday snack ideas and recipes.

Formally known as Chex mix. A local bar tender here, renamed it to crack mix, cause you can't stop eating it. Well the big bowl is loaded with two, 9oz bags of chex bold and one 16 oz bag of traditional. They are splashed down with my hot sauce and whatsthishere sauce and stirred Next on the...
  3. jimfet

It's hell getting old.

Two things reminded me of that this week. A friend of mine who works for a logging company is parking in my yard the next couple months, cause they are working an hour out of town and picking him up here cause he lives a few miles away. I get off in the morning and he is already there when I...
  4. jimfet

I have a challenge for you all.

Listen I know most people here on AK are honest. But there are a few on here that will lie their asses off, sept me. I'm gonna lay some lines down here, and I want to see if you can read them and not follow them up with out playing a guitar riff in your head. Now remember don't lie cause I will...
  5. jimfet

Has anyone heard this about tire rotation.

I just went to get my yearly inspection from Firestone. I have been using this Firstone for almost 40 years, but now it is under a new owner. I'm having other things done, oil change etc........ The guy comes in and says he can't rotate my tires cause they are over 3 years old. They are...
  6. jimfet

I thought Sunday was for resting.

Well it started last week, when I pulled my last pack oh BBQ out of the freezer. So I pulled two shoulders out so I could make some more this weekend. They thawed all week. I forgot I had planned today as, cut up filets for gifts, Sunday. So today it's double duty. I started the shoulders...
  7. jimfet

The one kitchen tool you can't do without.

This will be in my Will. Bought this at Lowe's over 15 years ago, on sale for half price. Replaced a thinner one with blood grooves in it. A thin board will not survive me. This board is a gathering point in the house. If ever I'm having a party or just a drinking buddy over, this is where the...
  8. jimfet

Say hello to my little friends.

Was time to update my PC system. I was using a Dayton amp and an Eric audio single tube pre. The pre went out after nine years of use. So I decide to reclaim some desk space. This is the Lepai lp7498e amp. On sale now at PE for $80. My speakers are 6 ohm so the amp is rated at 120 x 2 10%...
  9. jimfet

Lost bass response.

About a year ago I lost some bass response in my stereo room. I just can't figure it out. Oh well, there is still enuf bass for dancing with my GF's almost 3 year old grand daughter.
  10. jimfet

Damn!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d6dd47ee-729d-33dc-81c8-41735831c1e6/farty-passenger-forces-flight.html That is all.
  11. jimfet

New easy Christmas snack.

https://neesesausage.com/recipe/sausage-pinwheels/ I was on the Neese's site the other day because it is their 100th anniversary. Thought maybe they would have T shirts or something. They didn't, but I found this recipe. It's very easy if you do it by my modified version. Instead of making...
  12. jimfet

Walking ya thru NC bbq

I promised the shift I would have them some home made BBQ for supper Monday nite. So what better time to walk folks thru the making of some NC Eastern style BBQ. The Piggly Wiggly had these on sale last week for 98¢ a lb, One is 9lb and the other is 8.5. These are shoulders. I rubbed them...
  13. jimfet

A saucy weekend

Been making sauces all weekend. Yesterday I put up my first keg of hot sauce. It will be ready the end of Sept. Got up this morning and made a quart of blackberry sauce from fresh picked blackberries. An ice cream delight. Now I have my What's this here sauce simmering on the stove. When...
  14. jimfet

Repeating myself. But good tips.

Just reminding every one to look for these economy Rib eyes. They will not be in the big chains, but in your smaller IGA type stores. ( Piggly Wiggly for me). It cuts into very tough steaks but some of the best burger you ever had. I aged this one around 3 weeks. I'm guessing this ground to...
  15. jimfet

SPAM

Spam on the grill. I hang at a little bar about 1/3 mile from my house. Here lately we have been seeing these Spam commercials on TV that have been driving us nuts. They make the Spam look so good. So I told everyone in the afternoon crowd, I was going to BBQ some with some light sauce and...
  16. jimfet

My most requested Christmas gift.

Well I do this every year for Christmas. Those are three beef tenderloins at almost 23 lb total. I cut them up into the 16 largest filets for gifts and the 20 left over medium to small filets for me. Plus a right under 2 lb bag of scraps I will use for stew or Chili. These tenderloins have...
  17. jimfet

Grocery store makes liar out of me.

I have said many times that our local grocery store does not have ribs cut like this. Have not long said this, when I walk in the store and looky here. Flanken ribs. But damn! they were $6.99 a lb. Thank goodness these were marked down to $4.89 a lb. Which I still think is high. Just...
  18. jimfet

New toy helping with Hot sauce.

Almost done with my Hot sauce this year. This is the last of my 5 liter barrels. I now have a total of 14 liters aging. I will do 1 more 2 liter barrel in Oct. when my first barrel comes off in the middle of Oct. I also topped off my other 3 barrels replacing the Angels share. The tool I'm...
  19. jimfet

Great looking steaks

http://www.1-800-kobebeef.com/kobemasc6.html Man I bought the best looking steaks I have seen in a long time. Almost look like some Wagyu steaks you see pictures of. Went online and graded them and they fall between a 6 or 7. A little over a 1.25 thick. Food Lion has them on sale for $6.99 a...
  20. jimfet

Marantz CD 6004....Help

Help me Marantz folks. My CD 6004 is skipping like crazy. Seems to do it worse at the beggining of the Cd. Any ideas. It's about 3 years old. Thanks for any ideas. Fixing to go to work. I will check in the morning. So I will be back.
  21. jimfet

Things to do when snowed in.

Well I have this 12 lb rib eye loin I got for $40. It's the cheap kind that goes for $6.99 a lb full price per steak pack at the Pig or IGA. Does not make a bragging steak, but when ground, it blows away $5 a lb ground chuck, sirloin or round. I got 37, 1/3 lb patties out of it. Stuck 32 in...
  22. jimfet

Brian Setzer, Holiday tour

Fix'n to head to Charlotte. Ovens Auditorium is having their annual Brian Setzer Holiday concert. My sister and her husband went last year and are carrying me this year. Wanted to go last year but had to work. We are all big fans of Brian. Haven't been to a concert in a while. This place...
  23. jimfet

Kiss from a hawg butt.

Just made some Carolina BBQ. Smoked with Hickory for 15 hours at 240°. Then wrapped with foil and put in a cooler for 7 hours. It was still almost too hot to handle after that long. I do a semi chop on mine. I pull it and chop it into 1 to 3 inch pieces. I then lightly coat it with Georges...
  24. jimfet

Once again. Sauce time.

My first 2 ltr batch of Hot sauce for this year. It will be ready, the first week in October. Should have my next batch aging in 2 weeks. It's a 4 pepper blend simmered for 3 hours in a secret concoction. After my 2-2 ltr barrels I will have 2-5 ltr barrels to fix. They will be ready in...
  25. jimfet

10:30 this morning.

It's 90° outside with 53% humidity. It's supposed to get up to 101° today as it did yesterday. No relief in sight. Just checked in with NOAA. Between now and next Monday, out lowest temps will be 97° and that's only for a couple days. Got up and watered the plants real good and will do it...
Back
Top Bottom