Search results

1. eizner23

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Scott 312DL with new subwoofers Hey HH Scott, what you think?
  2. eizner23

Too close for comfort?
  3. eizner23

What is the consensus on replacing working transistors?

Maybe differential inputs on the amp board if bias is off. For sure low level amplifier transistors in tone/pre/phono circuits with lower noise versions, sprinkle in some 1% Dales in the signal path.
  4. eizner23

“These are unique as they are water cooled, digital ready and really hit hard and clean. ”
  5. eizner23

He had the right idea with the foam rings cutouts. Must have been rattling really bad & was forced to add the extra brace with the nail-in-the-coffin center screw.
  6. eizner23

My Advent submission for the week and its a doozie.
  7. eizner23

45 Year Rebuild of my Heathkit AA-1800 AMP and AP-1800 PRE-AMP

Nice work giving it a heartbeat again. Im embarking on an aa-1600 soon. Thoughts on replacing the large disk caps on amp board with films? The 6 axials in it will run a guy $35 for Vishays at mouser, considering to go that route instead of radials.
  8. eizner23

Curiosity killed the SixCats! Might any AK member happen to swoop in (Rye, NH) and buy those......

Tom, Tough luck on the Bozaks. How would you describe the sound of the Bozak Sonora 201? Do they excel with tube gear? Ive owned a pair for over a decade, but never got a musing to listened to them yet.
  9. eizner23

Jbl L40. Not all that bad.
  10. eizner23

Harley Davidson makes woofers too
  11. eizner23

Bose 301ii modification

Ive listened to these quite a bit past few years setup in my office. I usually knock paper cone tweeters but this Bose one isnt all too bad, surprises me some times.
  12. eizner23

Desperate Cry for HELP with a Kenwood KA6004

The diagram you drew up resembles a “Baker Clamp”. The diodes will hold the collector at around 0.6v, relative to ground. ie: Vce is held (clamped) at 0.6v. This prevents the transistor from saturating and ensures faster switching. I hold no EE degree, i could be terribly wrong. Here is an...
  13. eizner23

Nothing beats this 2.1 setup
  14. eizner23

Any other "retro" gamers?

I loved playing Sim City on the first MacIntosh compact computer in jr. high, and Street Rod on a IBM in shop class. Ran Wolfenstein 3d and Leisure Larry when the ‘rents were not around on our TX1000 Tandy computer at home, it had just 2MB RAM.
  15. eizner23

Any other "retro" gamers?

I bought out the remaining inventory of a licensed Atari service center with dozens of service manual binders, my retro service center is ready to go.
  16. eizner23

Straight out of a Honda Civic hatchback
  17. eizner23

Counting by model numbers

Marantz 2325
  18. eizner23

My memory served me wrong, its was a 7002, and there is no bulletin for that model posted to HiFiEngine.
  19. eizner23

I don't replace a lot of radio parts

I have replaced RF/IF, output stage amplifier transistors on many of my old state radios purely for experimental/learning purposes, and was curious if they would perform better. Never once degraded a radio by doing so, and many had improved SQ with lower noise more modern transistors. Favorites...
  20. eizner23

Common Parts For General Restoration Of Japanese HiFi/Reel/Cassette systems

Heres a quick peek at my hot list
  21. eizner23

wifi signal

And super easy to setup
  22. eizner23

Those backside resistors look to be in the protection circuit. Kenwoods in that era it was common to see these protection revisions mid production. The circuit design must have gave them problems. I believe there is a service bulletin recently uploaded for this unit regarding revisions on...
  23. eizner23

24. eizner23

Universum System CT 2317 Hi-Fi 7500 SL Stereo Cassette Deck Peavey RQ2318 16-Channel Console Mixer
  25. eizner23

Worst Stereo You've Ever Owned?

Anything by Yorx, like this thingy
Back
Top Bottom