Search results

1. eizner23

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Jbl L36 with some junk from the trunk
  2. eizner23

JBL L100t, oh those poor thangs. What a shame.
  3. eizner23

Kenwood KA-5002 clean up

i bypassed the filter boards on mine. That little amp/pre switch on the back either needs to be replaced or disassembled and cleaned, mine are still giving me grief after failing to do so. I need to pull and measure that slide switch for replacement unless someone else has a part number on mouser.
  4. eizner23

Cat guard !

The whole 7 cats thing really put a stop to rotating speakers. All the good stuff is locked up. And speakers with socks like Timeframes, no chance. I have mine hidden in a locked room, brand new socks and they still managed to get at it!
  5. eizner23

Kenwood KA-5002 clean up

The amp board slides right out. Its covered with a black metal case, so the main part shouldve been protected. The other vertical boards on top are for tone, filters and phono. Maybe a fuse on the back blew after spill. Unsolder the pins instead of unwrapping the wire if you need to remove any...
  6. eizner23

lol a sub subbing a passive radiator?
  7. eizner23

If I buy another pair of speakers with blown tweeters I am going to commit suicide.

If I buy another pair of speakers with blown tweeters I am going to commit suicide.
  8. eizner23

^I bet it was a passive radiator mistaken as a blown woofer. Kenwood w/ shiny red car sub looking sharp! I bet that plate amp is happy as hell to be able to punish dat POS.
  9. eizner23

Kenwood Kl-7080

Look at those big cannons, and the horns. Rock and Roll all day long. :rockon:
  10. eizner23

Identify this speaker cabinet!

11. eizner23

A piezo in the bass port wouldve been a nice touch.
  12. eizner23

Kenwoods on OfferUp Sansui with $10 china woofer
  13. eizner23

Looking good... Wait, WTF!
  14. eizner23

Speaker Place USA Making speakers for all of America’s empty places.
  15. eizner23

45 Year Rebuild of my Heathkit AA-1800 AMP and AP-1800 PRE-AMP

There was no full schematic for the AA-1600 on the internet. I scanned mine. See attachment. There are two identical amp boards. Pictured previously was left channel with a little work done to it. Did my updated dim bulb diagram check out as safe?
  16. eizner23

Thank you fr clarification BJJB. Does this look correct for a hobbyist to understand?
  17. eizner23

Thanks for the tips buddy! The aa-1600 model uses 3 amp fuses on the amp board, four total. I will reduce them all to 1 amp for testing purposes. The bulb drawing the initial current causing my 1amp fuse in front of transformer to blow makes sense. My meter does have a 10 amp hole for the...
  18. eizner23

"KENWOOD Model JL 600 need refoaming"
  19. eizner23

Nothing says luxury like shiny red car subs and high end furniture.
  20. eizner23

Appreciate the assistance. The board I posted is the left channel amp board of the aa-1600, Im sure its different than the 1800. The rails on this unit are +-70v I fired the 1600 up on a 25w dim bulb, relay engaged, rails measured 40v. Next I used a 60w bulb, rails were at 50v. 100w bulb...
  21. eizner23

SMD Audio Multimeter AMM-1

I am curious about the SMD Audio Multimeter AMM-1 from their site… “ THE AUDIO MULTIMETER AND HANDHELD DYNO. MEASURE TRUE AMPLIFIER POWER! MEASURE IMPEDANCE OF SPEAKER BOXES. MEASURE VOLTAGE DROPS, AND MUCH MORE!” Anyone here try one?
  22. eizner23

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

Anyone own the mighty M-6000?
Back
Top Bottom