Search results

1. markallen

marantz 2225 stereo light

After nearly 2 years, revisited this problem AGAIN - and apparently figured it out. I knew some caps on the P100 board were off so recapped that board, plus one on P200 I knew was out of range. Started checking voltages on the P300 board, and when pin nine on H1156 was probed (effectively...
  2. markallen

KA-5500, left channel noise, need help troubleshooting.

Wow, that was quick - Thank you! I'll give a try.
  3. markallen

KA-5500, left channel noise, need help troubleshooting.

I've got a KA-5500 that has a low crackle in the L channel - you probably wouldn't hear it playing most music, but when the amp is powered up with no input, you can hear it in a quiet room, maybe every five or ten minutes. I know it's not in the control amp; changed out those two 2SC1345 (and...
  4. markallen

Marantz 2245 Loud Buzzing

Thanks for the tip Steven. I think it was your thread where I read about this before. Sounded pretty much like my situation. I would have piggybacked on your thread, but when I've done that before, someone always advises to start my own thread, so I did. I didn't know how much over/under the...
  5. markallen

Marantz 2245 Loud Buzzing

When the speaker relay on this 2245 clicks, a LOUD buzzing noise comes through both channels. It's not volume dependent, nor does it matter what input is selected. Checked the power supply, and it's right where is should be at 35v. Plugged in a DBT, no reaction from the bulb, no DC at the...
  6. markallen

Happy Birthday markallen!

Thanks all!
  7. markallen

Technics SA-425 Plan of Attack

I've been reading this thread with great interest since my own SA-423 just blew the L channel. Turned up the music and - snap - no more music. Checking the pins on each STK, the L channel had high voltages all the way across. Removed the STK, and it came out of protection. The R channel works...
  8. markallen

Finally getting back to this 2225. Replaced FET H101: unfortunately, no change. Now beyond my diagnostic depth, I'm afraid. Would an oscilloscope and function generator be useful for further diagnostic for this problem? Kind of a general question, I realize, as knowing how to use such tools...
  9. markallen

Thanks Tom. Would failure of this FET manifest in the ways I've described? Replacement: I've searched around the internet, but the 2SK19 "Y" series looks to be pretty hard to find, and not seeing anything that looks like an exact substitute.
  10. markallen

Still trying to track down why stereo FM won't work on a 2225. Signal strength meter won't rise about about 0.5, FM muting blocks all stations. As their tuner sections appear to be identical, I did some readings around the tuner boards comparing a fully working 2230B in mono. The constant...
  11. markallen

Got the center-tuning meter to work properly with a tweak of L201 (black side), but that didn't help the larger problem. Just not a strong enough signal to kick the multiplex into operation.
  12. markallen

Nope, not on this model. The (+) side of the meter goes through the selector and appears to connect to the P200 board at J211 and/or the P100 board at J104. Having said that, I'm not sure I'm reading the path through the selector switch correctly. The 2230B schematics may be a bit clearer, but...
  13. markallen

Title here describes my situation, so going to pick up this thread and hope someone can help solve this vexing problem on my 2225. I do fairly well with most aspects of vintage receiver repair - EXCEPT FM. I've read as many threads as I can on this topic, but can't seem to get a stereo FM...
  14. markallen

B&O BeoGram 5000

The Beogram 5000 has both speed adjustments located on the underside near the front right corner. Takes a regular flat screwdriver with a narrow and very thin blade tip to fit in the slot of the potentiometer on the 33 adjustment. Whatever screwdriver you use on the 33 should also fit the 45...
  15. markallen

Yamaha CA-1010 Setting Idle Current (bias?)

Thanks very much for your prompt reply! Just thought I'd ask better ask to be on the safe side!
  16. markallen

Yamaha CA-1010 Setting Idle Current (bias?)

Super clean CA-1010, needed some basic maintenance, controls cleaned, lamps replaced, amp adjustment. How critical is it to have an 8 ohm dummy load attached when setting idle? Before adjustments, the readings were: Normal - L ch 18 mV, R ch 7 mV. Class A - L ch 115 mV, R ch 88 mV. Volume...
  17. markallen

SX-1250 Main Outputs Fail

Thought I'd adequately checked the left amp by removing all the transistors and diodes and testing them off board. Not exactly sure where to go from there, once I've got new trimpots installed. If you can't test it reliably on a meter, how do you know if the STV has failed? How difficult is...
  18. markallen

Happy Birthday to markallen!

Thanks everyone. Kind of a milestone birthday today - I'm hoping that 60 really IS the new 50 (at least)!
  19. markallen

If I understand this correctly: I only need to install one complementary pair in a channel and it will still output sound? Does it matter which sockets they're installed - like both in upper or both in lower? What about the amp settings?
  20. markallen

By saying "use one set . . . add the others later", I am assuming you mean just equip the bad channel, then change out the other (currently working channel) later? Anyway, sounds like I need a set on ON-Semi MJ2119x replacements - and new trimpots! Thanks all. Any other recommendations welcome!
  21. markallen

I replaced the stabilizer trimpots, but not those on the amp boards. So it's likely (or just possible) it was the outputs? Would the fact that it biased up easily indicate the amp board is doing its job correctly? Not sure exactly how to proceed to establish that part of it. Prefer not to...
  22. markallen

This is actually the unfortunate story of an SX-5590. Quickly established the L channel main outputs were shorted. When these shorted transistors were removed, it would come out of protection (two clicks) but no tuner or panel lights. Went through the stabilizer board first, and found three...
  23. markallen

Recone HPM 900 woofer

A local seller wants $100 for a pair of HPM-900 speakers. Cheap enough, right? The problem is illustrated in the picture below. I'm wondering if these woofers are past repair - at least for a reasonable price? From what I've read, this condition often seems to be the destiny of woofers on...
  24. markallen

Sansui 9090db Protection

Thanks Doug & LBPete. Followed instructions, then graduated to full power for final adjustment, and unit seems to work as designed. It's evident, though, that the controls needs cleaning. Contingent on running the unit for awhile, I'm cautiously optimistic we have success. Unless you have...
  25. markallen

Sansui 9090db Protection

Well, I can't explain it, but I went out to move snow, and when I came back in and tried it, the receiver came out of protection. Is it necessary to recheck the amp settings from when it was still connected to the 60w DBT?
Back
Top Bottom