Search results

1. cubiclecrush

Focal Chora 826: Banana Plug Cap Removal

Great Deal! Get 4! LOL I'm really happy with mine. They can pump out as much SPL as I ever needed, and they remain crisp and clear doing it! I'm powering them with a tiny Marantz slim line and I'm starting to feel guilty about it! They might deserve better. ;)
  2. cubiclecrush

Another "Help!" request (re: AVR or a Pre/Pro or ?)

As a potential buyer too, the Anthem MRX 740 is topping my list to replace a Marantz slimline AVR. I'm also intrigued by the Arcam offerings like the AVR5. No experience with either of them though. I'm a bit gun shy about Emotiva because I had a bad experience with one of their preamps -...
  3. cubiclecrush

Remove rack plugs? Parasound PSP 1500

L-880s! Love em! Hope to get some floor stands for them. They need a bigger room than this, but it works. I have some L570s too but am trying these first.
  4. cubiclecrush

Mounts up fine in this old server rack. Pliers were definitely the way to go. Now I need a few shelves and a couple more pieces of kit and this lil exercise/gaming/music retreat will be on its way.
  5. cubiclecrush

The answer was pliers. Hard to get a bite but once you get it, a lil wiggle-n-pull suffices.
  6. cubiclecrush

I tried gently with a Phillips but no budge. Brute force may be required.
  7. cubiclecrush

I have some old Parasound gear (PSP & PDD 1500) that has never been rack mounted. Any one know if there is a trick to removing the plugs? A flathead is tearing it up…
  8. cubiclecrush

Recommendations on Phono Preamps that give price performance

I’ll say I like my TCC even compared to Darlington and Parasound phonos. Years after I bought mine, it dropped one channel. They fixed it for free. Great lil company from my pov. https://www.phonopreamps.com/
  9. cubiclecrush

Color coded tracks: The Prisma Record (48-50)

Prisma 01 by cubiclecrush posted Oct 2, 2022 at 6:10 PM More fun from the John Hayes Hammond Jr. Castle Museum: The “Prisma” Record was a rainbow-colored vinyl record designed and patented by John Hays Hammond Jr. in 1948 to solve a particular annoyance with the music medium: the lack of an...
  10. Prisma 05

Prisma 05

11. Prisma 06

Prisma 06

12. Prisma 01

Prisma 01

13. Prisma 02

Prisma 02

14. Prisma 03

Prisma 03

15. Prisma 04

Prisma 04

16. Prisma Records

Prisma Records

1948-52 Prisma Record Tech.
  17. cubiclecrush

The Dynamic Multiplier(30’s)

I stumbled upon the Hammond Castle today. Any one familiar with John Hayes Hammond Jr.? The Dynamic Multiplier and Accentuator are huge contraptions that seem to include many things taken for granted in our worlds: left-right stereophonics, amplification, tone control, noise reduction...
  18. JHH 01

JHH 01

19. JHH 05

JHH 05

20. JHH 02

JHH 02

21. JHH 03

JHH 03

22. JHH 06

JHH 06

23. JHH 08

JHH 08