Search results

1. R

GE Wildcat Replacement Speakers?

What if you put a 15 ohm resistor in series?
  2. R

Sanui 3000A Volume Control and Output

Checked speaker outputs again. This time on tape mode instead of tuner mode. Was less than 1 volt. Should not have any d c volts? Told him he should look for some expert tech.
  3. R

Sanui 3000A Volume Control and Output

Have a friends 3000A that he wanted me to check out. Cleaned and dexoit'd the controls. I had one of these before and knew there was a mod required to save speakers. This one I believe does not have the mod. ( Need to look again) Upon powering up, it worked and sounded good. I checked the DC...
  4. R

Sherwood S-8900 no right channel

Was checking out this Sherwood receiver for a friend, no right channel. Looks like burn marks on the bottom of one of the boards. Since it is identical to the board beside it, I figure they are output boards for the different channels. I see some transistors that are in sockets and check and...
  5. R

Problem with my SX 780

Since I got the packs in and it seems to be working good, should I worry the vu meters are almost peaking out at times?
  6. R

Problem with my SX 780

Replaced the power packs and it works good. The tuner is off a bit. 88.9 is more like 79. Any suggestion for that problem? Thanks for your help!
  7. R

Problem with my SX 780

I was suspecting the packs, I got a couple off eBay, for an SX-1000 that are the same numbers, that I can use.
  8. R

Problem with my SX 780

L Power pack Before Pin 1 + 19 After 1 +18 2 -41.3 2 -41 3 -41.3 3-41 8 + 41.6 8 -41 9 +41.4 9 +41 10 + 21.8 10 +21 Right Power Pack 1 -40.4 1-.01 2 -41.5 2 -41...
  9. R

Problem with my SX 780

Readings before( left column) and after( right column) i replaced resistors, hopefully, correctly! L R 1 +19 +18...
  10. R

Problem with my SX 780

Help me understand, is there a certain IC thats needs replacement also?
  11. R

Problem with my SX 780

Thank you for the help. I did not remove a leg of the resistors, just an ohms meter across the two legs and one resistor is infinite or "ol " on my meter which I guess it means it is open. Guess I will order the resistors off eBay
  12. R

Problem with my SX 780

Bumping thread. Same Problem, everything lights up, tuner vu also working. No sound and no clicking. As another post suggested, I checked Darlington packs on 200v dc with the following results Left Pac Right Pac 1 +19 1 -40.4 2 -41.3 2...
  13. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

So funny, I also am working on a Garrard on the table, it has a channel out..lol Any ideas? I just ordered a cartridge,. I tested on the leads and it looks to be hooked up correctly. Cleaned the pins on the back of the catridge and inside arm.
  14. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

It's on the kitchen table and my wife wants it gone, may have to sell it as a parts/repair...
  15. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

I took the cartridge out and the little disc that the pins from the cartridge plug into looks like it has been soldered, but checks with a meter it seems to be fine.
  16. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

Got a thrift shop 1249 Dual. It has been tinkered with, the ground leads were pulled off and the speed control is gone. Replaced the stylus, no sound. Checked the leads, they are fine. Could the Grado ZT+ cartridge be out for both channels?
  17. R

Sansui QRX-5500 Relay clicking

O K Pete, Thank you for the info. I did spray all the pots and push buttons. It took out some scratchyness. It was while I was looking at the lights to the FM stereo and lights to the tuning strength that it went soundless all of a sudden. Guess I should have let it cook for awhile before doing...
  18. R

Located in Monterey California. Yes I have a volt meter. The fuses seem to be o k
  19. R

I picked up a Sansui QRX-5500 literally off the street. ( someone placed it by their garbage can) It powered up. Cleaned the dust and spider webs out. Cleaned the pots. It was working fine, I pulled the FM stereo light and it started working in my fingers. I noticed that one of the metering...
  20. R

Bell Gardens,CA??

We ship a lot of vintage books, doll things, etc. If you use parcel select, the low rate mailing, it goes to Bell Gardens. My wife sent $1400 of doll stuff parcel select in two boxes, and one never showed up. We packed it good, wrote the address on the box plus put a mailing label on the box. We...
  21. R

Shipping a !939 Marconi tube radio

Thank you for the info. There is a schematic for where the tubes go, but I marked them with tape anyways. Bubble wrap each tube, put them in a box that I custom made to fit into a area beside the chassis. Now off to double box with some custom made boxes to fit this with some area's around for...
  22. R

Vintage 1936 Stromberg Carlson

The cabinet was so dried out I had to do something, so I rubbed in some bee's wax and it really brought the grain out. It powers up, with some slight static, but I know it needs capacitors and my soldering and other skills have been resting for years. I hooked up the speaker and punched the 40's...
  23. R

Sansui solid state 350

I love the frequencies. It really punches out some good bass. For instance we listen to the 40's and the ol string bass really pops. I had a little Onkyo about the same size, but this little Sansui is better. For 46 watts it is amazing! I even got a BSR turntable and a pair of nice Radio...
  24. R

Sansui solid state 350

My vintage solid state amp/receiver I picked up a month ago for $10. Hooked up to some 1940's phonola speakers.
Back
Top Bottom