Search results

1. dukeofurl

Pioneer SA-9100 low volume on right channel

Well, it turns out that C11 22uf / 10v capacitor was to blame.
  2. dukeofurl

Switch contacts check good. When I jump R15 / R16 does not change the situation.
  3. dukeofurl

After sorting out the power supply and amplifier boards I have found that the right channel is low in output volume. - I switch the muting (-20db) on and the drop in the LEFT channel then sounds even with the RIGHT channel. ie: the low volume on the RIGHT channel sounds or acts like the MUTE in...
  4. dukeofurl

Pioneer SA-9100 AWH-023 power amp board help please

Back from a small break. I found a bad solder joint (not related to any of my work) and all seems well on the power amplifier stage. New problem has popped up but I'll start a new thread for that. :)
  5. dukeofurl

Okay, just a re-cap (no pun) at this point. Pieced together the LEFT channel: AWH-023 after many years in pieces. - Works fine. :) Power supplies rebuilt and seems good. re: RIGHT channel: AWH-023 amplifier board. - Was working fine until I rebuilt it with this list: (I used this very list to...
  6. dukeofurl

Mark, where do I want to go? Did I get on the wrong side of something with you or total miscommunication? Above, I mentioned that I REBUILT the power supply sections and finished the build of the LEFT side of the amp board all to the list(s) that have been on AK as well as alterations of some...
  7. dukeofurl

At this point, I have the AWM-025 protection board and the AWR-031 power supply circuit-A ass'y rebuilt as to make sure that side of things are stable. On dim bulb, the unit comes out of protect. The left side amplifier - vr1 adjustment settles down within a couple of minutes - no problem The...
  8. dukeofurl

"Bleeder resistors" I haven't seen that on the list of parts unless I've totally misread. Can you please explain? Thanks.
  9. dukeofurl

Wow, I can't believe that it has been WAY over a year since I had to side-line this project. Looking back at this now led me to get the AWM-025 protection board in order as voltages were not very stable imo. Before putting the board back in place, should I add the 2.2uf 250v film bypass caps...
  10. dukeofurl

Pioneer SX-1050 DC balance and Idle current advice

At 30 minutes the Idle looked pretty darn good in the "service" position (on it's side) then after getting this beast in the "normal" (horizontal) position I observed the Idle current nearly 20mV lower! Just a note for anybody else, .... it's a major PITA but get this unit in the "normal"...
  11. dukeofurl

AH, yes Mark. My typo on the "volts" meant to be "amps. Sorry. I have replaced all of the transistors originally and somehow ended up with Q6 as a ksd1616 which I just found on an old BOM list here on the forum but since replaced that with ksc2383. Thank you so much for your help and input. I'll...
  12. dukeofurl

I replaced C1 and C2 .22uf and also Q6 ksc2383. On 100 watt dim bulb, I checked the DC balance and generally get swings from -.5mV (ish) and up to around +.3mV (ish) after being on for 10 minutes. - should I proceed to let this warm up for much longer without worry (on the dim bulb) or are...
  13. dukeofurl

I have to make a order as I don't have any more ksc2383 for Q6. As a side question, while I'm ordering, do you know the type of 10 amp fuse that I need for this model since I recently got another 1050 that needs a total rebuild some day? Thanks again. :)
  14. dukeofurl

btw Mark, Q6 currently has a D1616 in that position. Could that be the problem?
  15. dukeofurl

Pioneer SX-1050 main fuse 10A blown

Is the 10 amp fuse of a particular type? Any link to mouser since I have a shopping list gathering.
  16. dukeofurl

markthefixer, I have some .22uf 63v wima capacitors available. Can these be used or should I stick with electrolitics?
  17. dukeofurl

Larry, yes I have replaced the trimmers as suggested in one of the SX-1050 BOM lists. :)
  18. dukeofurl

rcs16, thanks for the confirmation. :)
  19. dukeofurl

Thanks again zebulon1, I will have to resume this in the morning as it is a bit over 100f here in my garage. btw, how long would you suggest running this for? Again, thanks!!
  20. dukeofurl

Start up / after 3 minutes PIN 16 - 59.7 - 60.61 PIN 8 - 59.01 - 59.38 It is warm in my garage, turned on the fan and the climbing numbers began to drop. (yes, thanks... I'm using mini grabbers!)
  21. dukeofurl

Fluctuations on both channels - YES Where should I clip on to monitor the 60v please?
  22. dukeofurl

Thank you for your reply zeblulon1 I pulled both jumpers and watched the meters jump around. (makes my eyes tired) I got the same type of readings as above although I pulled the IDLE back just a smidge since I have no idea on how much those outputs can tolerate.
  23. dukeofurl

On another note, I had the receiver on for a half hour and observed no relay cutting out. (no load, on AUX with all controls in the middle and/or tone in OFF position. - nothing hooked up to speaker outputs etc.) I had my 2 meters set up on one channel. DC balance bouncing as far as -3 and +3mV...
  24. dukeofurl

Hello again, I'm revisiting this unit since the protection circuit began to cut out and come back on recently. I changed the old transistors on the AWM-090 of Q1 and Q2 (2sc869) to KSC2383 as I have, for some reason, not originally changed when I recapped this board. I read on one of the...
  25. dukeofurl

Sorry for the delay, had some house issues to deal with...... Thank you so very much for all of your help!! Everything seemed to dial-in and ran the receiver for about 6 hours with no problems. Seems that this project can be called "finished" (for now, these are like old cars; they are always...
Back
Top Bottom