Search results

1. N

Pioneer MCACC mic replacement

I've tried searching in vain, so hopefully someone here might know: how do I know which mic to buy for my vsx-45tx elite for mcacc? It seems there are 3 models and I cannot his any pioneer support explaining which one will work with my receiver. I tried contacting pioneer support but never got a...
  2. N

Polk LS-50 vs Martin Logan Preface or B&W DM14

Nothing is wrong with them, I just like to look around and was curious if these would be an upgrade. I've been saving well and sort of want to buy something, which is probably a recipe for overpaying or wasting money. We'll that rules them out. I have a large room and change listening positions...
  3. N

Polk LS-50 vs Martin Logan Preface or B&W DM14

Hello! Looking for thoughts on speakers: I currently have Sony PS-X5 with grado gold > pioneer elite 45tx>polk LS50 It sounds pretty good, but on my local Craigslist, the are two sets of speakers that look interesting: 1) Martin Logan Preface $200 2) B&W DM14 $235 Anyone have experience...
  4. N

Sony PS-X5, X6, X7 Tonearm Lifter Descent Repair

The soldering is pretty easy in this case. Be VERY careful with the wires when pulling it apart and putting it back together. They're fragile. In my case, I got it back together, but now I'm having trouble getting the auto functions to work properly and tracking properly. Guess that's what...
  5. DSC_0016

DSC_0016

6. DSC_0018

DSC_0018

7. My gear

My gear

8. N

One's gotta go: I have three tables, which should be the odd man out

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! All three of you managed to nail down the different ways I've been thinking. The PL-a45d has been the one i've used the least recently, so I'll clean that one up and sell it. Agreed! This is why I scour craigslist everyday despite my lack of funds. This...
  9. N

Shure Hi-Track stylus question

This was incredibly helpful identifying some styli. Thank you so much!
  10. N

One's gotta go: I have three tables, which should be the odd man out

I have a Pioneer PL-a45d, a Pioneer PL-4, and a Sony PS-X5 at home. That's one more than I need so I'd like to sell one. All three are in perfect functioning condition. Which one would you clean up and sell, and which two would you keep for personal use? Also, the three carts I have are a...
  11. N

Well, I couldn't see your photos, but this still helped me get it done. Thanks so much if you're still around to see this.
  12. N

I have this problem on my ps-x5, so thanks for the guide. Unfortunately, the photos are no longer available. OP, is there any chance you are still around and could repost the photos? Also, what weight silicone oil should I use? Thanks!!!!
  13. N

Cartridge Recommendation for Sony PS-X5

Thanks Wayner! Does the Grado Prestige line have any noticeable characteristics compared to the Ortofon 2M Red or AT cartridges? Also, Hook 'Em! from a fellow Longhorn.
  14. N

Thanks for the tips! Currently I have a Shure M93E, and a Pickering V-15 Micro IV. I was thinking about picking up a M91ED stylus for the Shure, either NOS or Jico for $60. Anyone know how those would compare to the AT95E or the OM2 Red?
  15. N

Anyone have experience with a Sony PS-X5 turntable? Picked one up for cheap a few days ago. All the auto functions work properly, but I think i'll take it apart and clean it up and if you've done so before, I'd love to hear from you. It had an AT3003 cartridge on it which I want to replace. Any...
Back
Top Bottom