Search results

1. wira

What is the best integrated amp you've heard?

Just like a weary angler. You started off with the big rigs. Stiff rods, hefty reels and heavy lines. Then you progressively watered things down just to get more out of less. Light lines loaded on wee reel's spool. :biggrin: TL, DR. I ditched the big pre/power stuffs, and settled with...
  2. wira

Recommended Modern Amps

Second it. I've owned plenty of amps since the 90s. The big name Brit stalwarts: Naim, Arcam, Creek, MF. Some D-amps from Nuforce, Chinese jobbies etc. But my go-to amps nowadays are : 1) Anthem 225 Integrated (USD1500) Honest, transparent, wide soundstage, lots of grunt, moffat bass. 2) Rega...
  3. wira

Rega Brio-R

I have nowadays reverted to the Brio R. When the dust has settled, the Brio R IS actually much better than the digital amps that I had raved upon previously. Uncannily, my 2nd setup is also based around the Creek 4330 Mk2 and I'm contemplating to acquire a Heed Obelisk as an upgrade to the R...
  4. wira

Rega Brio-R

Ooo..c'mon Art :D
  5. wira

Rega Brio-R

The PMC 20-21. Very musical sounding. But with 87dB sensitivity..they're not one of the easiest speakers to drive.
  6. wira

Rega Brio-R

Art, I noticed that you've listed the NAD D3020 in your signature. Getting into the Digital Amp nowadays aye sir ? :banana: Love me Brio R to bits before this, but sadly it is now being relegated by the Tripath amps. With heavy heart I have to admit that the TPA2020, TPA31xx etc has shown...
Back
Top Bottom