Search results

1. 1 Starr

2yr Quest Hitachi SR-2004

Love Mine I have owned three SR-2004's and kept a rare Series E. Under priced,a rare item- The power and sound is amazing and they can seriously damage your hearing,if you have the nerve to unleash that kind of power-I bet you keep that one. along with the Sansui 9090db, are my top two choices...
  2. 1 Starr

Loosening rusty objects & interesting test results

Hell- 0 I had good results with Cyclo breakaway in the yellow can, Gunk engine degreaser.
  3. 1 Starr

9090 DB Restoration

4. 1 Starr

Error Albums?

Led Zeppelin I bought a brand new Physical Graffiti album,about 1976 and it has a double label on the second record. I never seen or heard of one like it. It still plays great.
  5. 1 Starr

Cadillac CTS or Infiniti M? - Help Me Decide

Maybe I just looked over a 2003 CTS for a gentleman and underneath was all german componets-no big deal but the lables under the hood were in German Achtung is it?.Maybe there assembled in Lansing?. We here dont usually use a 4 bolt driveshaft Flange mounted in rubber with a midship bearing...
  6. 1 Starr

Cadillac CTS or Infiniti M? - Help Me Decide

Name Game... Truthfully the Cadillac CTS is a German car. The only thing that is Cadillac is the name plate. As far a Japanese Autos they have just as many problems as everything else only it's more hush,hush. I work on Foreign and Domestic rebadged American/Japanease Autos for the last 25...
  7. 1 Starr

Main-In, Right Channel Out.? Pre-Outs Fine

Whoops... Hello, I found the problem it was a fuse under the bottom cover-Damn, I only checked the ones on top.Those were all new. I Put one in and it works great again. I ran it for hours and no problem so far. These receivers should have all of them changed on a restoration. Dont cut corners...
  8. 1 Starr

Hello I have the shop manual. And A complete diagrahm set that I got from CD Fixer. Along with a good digital multi-meter. Also if you touch the pre-out,main-in jumpers the left side does make a humming sound and the right side does not. I did try switching them also. I will look for a loose...
  9. 1 Starr

Hello It is not in protection mode,It still plays fine. I did check the fuses and their good. Both channels work when you use the pre-outs,. The right output meter stays at rest. Is it a main amp part failure? I assume the pre amp is all right given the symptoms?
  10. 1 Starr

I have a 9090db that has had a extensive re-cap and all new output transistors,on semi.Rebuilt driver board and all the goodies with 15000uf main caps. It was playing great and all of a sudden the right channel drops dead and the right output meter quits working.The left side is strong and...
  11. 1 Starr

The Ford 4.6 liter V8.

Just Some Extra... In Michigan I've seen the oil pans rot rust holes. Have to love road salt. Cheap metal dont help. The intakes leak coolant. The crankshaft position sensor wire harness rub thru by the timing cover causing the engine to cut off and back on- bucking on acceleration.The 92 to...
  12. 1 Starr

Cadillac Concours Help

And... Oil leaks from the oil pan and lower engine crank shaft web. AC compressor and evaporater leaks. And the cooling system due to head gasket on firewall side.Overheating at hi-way speeds. A pain in the ass. Starter motor under the intake manifold is brilliant engineering. EGR valve and...
  13. 1 Starr

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

Awesome Hitachi SR 2004. Bold Apperance. Massive Stance. Rare. Pure Power. Class G- 200 to 400 watts per channel. Not many can run with this. The sound is incredible from low volume to high as long you can take it.
  14. 1 Starr

9090 restorations on ebay

**************************************** **********************************************************
  15. 1 Starr

Honda Motorcycle Tech Question

all right Yes it was sitting about three years. I have checked the filter and installed a in line between the tank and carbs. The inside of the tank looks very clean to what you can see. I did some research on a Honda forum that was recommended earlier in this thread and there is two symptoms...
  16. 1 Starr

More Testing... I am using a snap on vacuum gauge and checked both sides again from a cold engine to letting it warm up to normal temp and both intake sides bounce around the 10 inch mark. I noticed it changed RPM's as it was warming up a significant drop so it is working. As the engine got to...
  17. 1 Starr

1981 Interstate I hope this showed.
  18. 1 Starr

Not Yet... I have not had the carbs synced yet. It is not a bad head gasket the cooling system performs without flaws. The Honda dealer told me the head is fine other than the two bad valves,Intake side of course. Could a bad air cut off diaphram cause that vacuum problem? It does run strong...
  19. 1 Starr

Hello, Need help on a 1981 Honda GL 500 Interstate V-Twin motorcycle. A drivability question. It has 45,000 miles and the left cylinder has a fluxuating needle on the vacuum gauge. I pulled the left cylinder head and found a slightly warped intake valve and the other intake valve was pitted so I...
  20. 1 Starr

Hitachi SR-2004 questions

Hitachi SR 2004 I have owned three of them and I havent had a problem out of any of them. I sold one just recently.The power is unreal. I cannot describe the sound these can produce. The best componets Hitachi made went into them. Class G. 200 to 400 watts is insane. The tuner is amazing. They...
  21. 1 Starr

The Chinese Are Coming

Free Trade Who would have thought we would have to buy so many products from are former enimies. It's a shame that after ww2 that generation 50 years later would wonder why they fought so hard to make this country number one. Then the Korean war. Then Vietnam will sell us something next. And it...
  22. 1 Starr

time capsule with 57 Plymouth to be opened

Thank You. Thank You for that link. I hope the winner still gets a new 57 Plymouth. Not that rotted mess. A battle waits ahead...
  23. 1 Starr

time capsule with 57 Plymouth to be opened

Damn... That is awesome. I too wish I had Coddingtons money so I could have checked that poor puppy out. It was finished before he could start it. LOL. It's hard to find pictures of everything that is rotted to death on that car. I couldnt see the live telecast about it. Bummer. I'm sure...
  24. 1 Starr

Hitachi SR2004 service manual ?

25. 1 Starr

POLL: the best of the best receivers

???? Hitach SR 2004. I have owned serveral receivers and for me these are the ultimate power house. 200-400 watt per channel class G.
Back
Top Bottom