Search results

1. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

Odd, I am positive mine follows. Which did you use for semiconductors?
  2. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

For the Heater? Or the b+ red one? How could it work with no ct?
  3. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

I have actually done that already. I appreciate the ideas though!
  4. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

They are indeed
  5. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

I apologize for the late reply! I hope that you guys had a good Easter Weekend. I have finally got a really nice choke and a better filter cap in place.. the low level hum is now gone very quiet, but I am left with an annoying quiet buzz from the speakers I have moved the choke around to make...
  6. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

They should be connected with only one ground point so I can't see how there is a ground loop There could be something in the bias supply. Though with both boards acting up it seems odd
  7. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

Update.. I swapped boards and the other board is identical with the hum. This I think leaves it up to the power transformer/grounding/wiring. Unless I made the same mistake on two boards The hum is directly affected by the bias I give the output tubes. As I biased them up on the second...
  8. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

Thank you very much for such an in depth reply! I want to say that it is something to do with grounding, or a noisy supply. One of the two. I checked and noticed that the filaments for the 300bs have about 300mv ac on them as well suddenly. Even when the bench supply is in place, yet the amp...
  9. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

http://tubelab.com/designs/tubelab-se/schematic/
  10. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

I will link a schematic right away! Around the rectifier I actually tried a few things. I set the rect half way in the socket and with test leads, made sure everything was contacting as it should. I also tried two different tubes in place. After that, I powered the amp up with a seperate...
  11. L

Tubelab SE hum.. still

Hey, So I am finally back st my tubelab project. The amp is in a chassis and the power transformer is on a seperate chassis with an umbilical The amp has a power supply related Hum issue and is pretty loud getting into the output stage somewhere. I have quadruple checked the wiring to make...
  12. L

Parallel mosfet question?

Thanks guys, I won't pretend that I know more about electronics than I do because how else do I learn. The layout of the board has the transistors directly under it, and it would be very easy to add one more set of outputs without a messy layout or long leads etc The heat sink would have...
  13. L

Parallel mosfet question?

hey, got a quick question for those with more expertise than I have Say I have a lateral mosfet amp that uses 2x n channel and 2x p channel mosfets. I want to increase power output, speaker control, or simply be able to spread heat of a higher bias or higher rail voltage more evenly.. can I...
  14. L

Looking for kt88/120/150 schematic

hey guys, I have been hunting for a really good near no compromise design for a fully balanced kt 88/120/150 monoblock amp using between 4 and 8 output tubes, preferably more. I understand the work and cost that will go into this and have experience to put something like this together, I...
  15. L

Quick amp question...

Thanks guys I already know the differences in classes, how they work, how they sound, efficiency and heat etc and what makes an amp a certain class. I can easily hear the difference. What I would like to know is how to mathematically figure out using a multimeter, oscilloscope or other piece...
  16. L

Quick amp question...

Haha well that's one way for sure :D It's a class ab lateral mosfet amp that I biased into what I think is class a for at least a watt or two. The heatsinks are large enough to keep the devices well under their max temp as well as any internal components, the power supply is built strong...
  17. L

Quick amp question...

Hey guys, This one has been bugging me. I know the difference between class A and class AB etc and how they work. How do I actually know if an amp is running class a or when it is running class ab? Thanks!
  18. L

Tubelab SE hum chasing

I will grab some pics shortly. I can scope along the B+ and see what I get. All my ac and signal wiring outside the board is twisted together and hum isn't affected by moving wires/transformer placement etc. It's also not affected by removing the signal tubes or shorting the input. Next step...
  19. L

Tubelab SE hum chasing

Hey all, I just built my first tubelab SE amp very carefully and I. The process of testing the amp sounds really good, but has quite a bad 120hz hum coming somewhere from the output stage. I am at a slight loss of what to look into now and would appreciate some help. Thank you in advance!
  20. L

Marantz 2216 problems

Thanks for the help Time to order some parts
  21. L

Marantz 2216 problems

You sir have solved my problem! I had 220 by mistake
  22. L

Marantz 2216 problems

Without a load it looks clean, with any sort of load it clips the top half pretty quick
  23. L

Marantz 2216 problems

so all the transistors are installed properly for sure i noticed that the driver transistors get pretty hot
  24. L

Marantz 2216 problems

Anyone got anything?
  25. L

Marantz 2216 problems

hey, I have a marantz 2216 that had a blown channel. I replaced all transistors on the board with proper replacements as well as any damaged out of spec resistors I could find. New caps all around as well I can't figure out this distortion issue. At anything above very low volumes, it cuts the...
Back
Top Bottom