Search results

1. RuffzGuts

Recomendations for a gas powered string trimmer.

I have never actually thought about a trimmer being right handed... good excuse for a custom pipe :rockon: go the Stihl straight shaft, they are pretty cheap now days for what they are, good for twenty years if you look after them :thumbsup:
  2. RuffzGuts

Are experienced vintage audio techs a dying breed?

Ending is better than mending.
  3. RuffzGuts

3 stack word game

Respray Today Operation Transformation Open Doors
  4. RuffzGuts

√˜˜ Last name, First letter for next famous person

George Rrurrambu Burarrwanga
  5. RuffzGuts

Speaker Identification. Altecs?

I think I had some of those crossovers and may have thrown them out., cheap kit things.. maybe some Phillips tweeters?
  6. RuffzGuts

Chassis cutting

Shouldnt this post be in the cutting edge? Wanna borrow the widow maker ?
  7. RuffzGuts

Question About recapping Rare/Expensive Amplifiers

I find point to point work particularly difficult to present well with a recap. Of course it depends on the amp but trying to retrofit modern parts and desoldering etc it really is an art , much so on integrated tube amps and old radios.
  8. RuffzGuts

Question About recapping Rare/Expensive Amplifiers

I am not sure about these particular amps, but I know I wish I'd kept some Sony vintage gear looking as Original as possible.. actually I wish I'd never touched them and just stored them as I am sure they would be worth a lot more untouched. So if you are going to use them, and if they are of...
  9. RuffzGuts

Ain't it funny how you feel..

Don't look to the left, don't look to the right just follow that strait old line... This could be heaven, or this could be hell Life could be falling down a bottomless well I stumble to the left, I stumble to the right I fumble for the switch, of a disconnected light Stay with it, don't let...
  10. RuffzGuts

Marantz CD74 restoration advice

Yes I will order some caps for power supply, but how to lube sled rail is the question? I did open the bottom cover to take a look and thought I am going to steer clear of that.. everything around the cd mech is very enclosed as well as the cogs for the draw. ...
  11. RuffzGuts

Unusual speakers at thrift store.

They look similar or the same even drivers and tweets to some Jamo's I have, really good speakers with plenty of bass.. but mine are in solid deep cabinets that have high quality foam dampening inside with a rear port.. I found them curb side gave them to my sister and they have come back to...
  12. RuffzGuts

And the seasons, they go round and round And the painted ponies go up and down We're captive on the carousel of time We can't return, we can only look Behind, from where we came And go round and round and round, in the circle game
  13. RuffzGuts

Well there was that time I stuck my finger in the flywheel of an 11Hp Briggs and Stratton.. that was pretty real :yikes: I reached for the secret to soon.
  14. RuffzGuts

ain't that the truth..
  15. RuffzGuts

When you're finding' out it's real? I haven't been around in a while so I thought I'd throw a fun thread into the Universe..:rockon::naughty::smoke: When did you find out it was real? what even is real? this could go anywhere :D have fun;)
  16. RuffzGuts

little update.. I threw a bit of lube around the draw drive cogs which has helped a little, not so noisy but still some belt slip and need to help it in and out.. I think this is likely a weak point of this machine the gear assembly for the draw mech, its kind of light weight for a quality...
  17. RuffzGuts

static noise on one channel

If someone has already messed with the amp you would be better taking it to someone that has a better idea as the problem could be the work of previous repair attempt. I think its unlikely the output transistors and swapping parts around will only leave you with a bigger puzzle.
  18. RuffzGuts

I am looking at another disc player I was lucky enough to find in a scrap bin, couldn't believe my luck actually as I have wanted another one of these Marantz players having rebuilt a CD73 already. So the unit seems to play well though I am still testing it.. I thought at first it may have had...
  19. RuffzGuts

Sony CDP 501 es draw issue

Only issue now is that it will not play some discs.. will play a burnt disc but its very selective on others.. can this be resolved?
  20. RuffzGuts

Ok got it worked out.. the switch on the loading switch board was getting caught in a closed position against the chassis. Doesn't seem to be any adjustment here I have just loosened and re tightened and seems to be free and all is working well so I am happy for now
  21. RuffzGuts

I don't think anything has slipped.. There are two motors, one drives the tray in and out and is located toward front of machine, then another connected to the mechanism that the diecast pivoted lock is a part of, this is also part of what lifts the laser aperture. I don't think this should...
  22. RuffzGuts

Pioneer PL-530 jumping at end of record

I think I may have had a similar problem with a pioneer table and had to go underneath and bend something back in the return mechanism.
  23. RuffzGuts

If you have a look at the second picture I have loaded you will see a die cast locking mechanism that normally locks into side of tray rail when deck is closed. But you can see that it has come out to early jamming the black tray rail and preventing the tray from closing over half way. The die...
  24. RuffzGuts

Here's a couple of pictures, nothing seems gummed up.. I have a feeling it's a timing issue with the electronics.. it is a really well built machine
Back
Top Bottom