Search results

1. SteveinAlaska

bedbug issues.......maybe

thanks for the info in regards to the LPs. Any thoughts on leaving the equipment and computers in place?
  2. SteveinAlaska

bedbug issues.......maybe

After a long absence I have returned. The issue I am facing is that the triplex apartment that I live in has a problem with bedbugs (in the other apartments!). So my landlord is bringing in an exterminator to alleviate the problem by using extreme dry heat over a period of time (2 days). I...
  3. SteveinAlaska

Magnavox stereo issues.....

Thank you century tek! Followed your suggestions and all is well. The Maggie now sits in the front room of a house built in the 1930s and that red mahogany cabinet really looks at home there. As for how it sounds.....:beerchug: .
  4. SteveinAlaska

Magnavox stereo issues.....

Started with 4 Magnavox stereo cabinets(2 cabinets per set- 1 cabinet having amp,speakers &receiver,other cabinet being record storage &other set of speakers.), 1 being a Collaro turntable only model and the other an AM/FM/turntable set minus the turntable. So the project was to put the Collaro...
  5. SteveinAlaska

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Just wait til you get 2 or more flat tires!!
  6. SteveinAlaska

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018:

...and a Happy New Year from the Great White North!
  7. SteveinAlaska

One agitated beast.

If I were living a bit closer, you could have borrowed my 71/84 Mauser carbine.........11mm 360 grain black powder metallic cartridge ;)
  8. SteveinAlaska

Chuck Barris, of "Gong Show" fame passes

It was a guilty pleasure oh so many years ago!!:rflmao::rflmao:
  9. SteveinAlaska

lo tech & old school ...Edison Ediphone system

OK it's late Sunday evening and if the mods need to move this post go ahead but I just ran into something interesting here I just had to share. Wonder if anyone in the AK world has had first hand experience in working with something like this? Edison Ediphone recording and transcription machines...
  10. SteveinAlaska

What Was the Top Billboard Song When You Were Born?

Ghost Riders In the Sky - Vaughn Monroe ----- from the pre-hot 100 in 1949. Of the three charts this is from the Best Sellers in Stores List.
  11. SteveinAlaska

New record store in town

KevinCorr - I am just over the ridge from you just the other side of the university. Maybe our paths have crossed but did not realize it. I'll see you down at the record shop:rockon: dude! Alobar - Have you been by Obsession Records at Lake Otis & Tudor yet? Managed to get by there in May & June...
  12. SteveinAlaska

New record store in town

Several months ago got acquainted with this young couple and their new venture. Started a small shop upstairs in a downtown mini-mall. Just recently an opportunity opened up for them to move to a street level location that looks to triple the size of their operation. So if you ever venture to...
  13. SteveinAlaska

Children of the 70's - what did you have or covet from this great catalog...

Wow! A trip down memory lane for me with the 1957 Sears catalog. Got the Shell service station for Christmas and then the 24 inch J.C. Higgins bicycle the next summer for my birthday. For 8-9 yrs old I was on top of the world. As for the 1970s Wards catalog- I was a young (22) married and...
  14. SteveinAlaska

R.I.P. Merle

I posted this over in off-topic thread, but I think I should also post it here. I was in my high school years and heard the radio ads about his appearances downtown. Probably heard him playing as I walked down Second Avenue too but just didn't realize it...
  15. SteveinAlaska

Merle Haggard passes At 79 today

I'll add my memories here......http://www.adn.com/article/20160409/merle-haggard-hit-it-big-he-followed-his-heart-fairbanks I walked along Second Avenue in the "old" days before that d@#%*(d pipeline came along.
  16. SteveinAlaska

Unattainable Dreams: Post A Pic + Explanation

I've been very close............you haven't missed anything.
  17. SteveinAlaska

Honest it was just given to me! TEAC X-1000R

.........with the reel cover and mounted in the wooden cabinet. All 60 pounds of it. Was doing my pledge drive thing for the public radio station and someone mentioned that they had an "old" reel to reel player sitting in a back room and could I make use of it. Did not know what to expect ( you...
  18. SteveinAlaska

OK Made the big step....

Just subscribed to AK! Probably should have done it earlier, etc. You guys have been a big help in my journey thru the audio world. Kinda got to be a regular part of my life. :beerchug:
  19. SteveinAlaska

I was there for this

Just a recent news release from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. I had a small part in this event. I am standing in the background in the black and white shirt. Managed to bring Art Thompson and Leslie McCartney together to see this happen. Read and enjoy. http://news.uaf.edu/62405-2/
  20. SteveinAlaska

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Somehow.....I can relate to this!
  21. SteveinAlaska

Have You Ever Eaten Something That Grossed You Out?

Spent the first years of my life (early 1950s) in Illinois where my dad was from, so it was a diet of fried chicken, cole slaw and other foods of the midwestern farm life. Moved back to Alaska in 1958, went to my mothers village on the Arctic coast and all of a sudden had to learn to eat whale...
  22. SteveinAlaska

What's German in your system....

Use a Dual 1219 set up with a Shure cartridge and styli to do my 78 rpm digitization with. Have a Grundig Satellit 700 on top of the refrigerator next to the Zenith 1000 Trans-Oceanic. There is also a Dual 1009 that I pulled from a HUGE Nordmende console that I used for while when I got serious...
  23. SteveinAlaska

Bonehead moves - Post your most famous "Bonehead" moment.

OK back to motorcycles..... my dad (bless his soul) wasn't impressed with those little Japanese bikes that he saw in the early 1960s. So his son (me) at 17 yrs old & 120 lbs dripping wet started his riding career with a '56 Harley 74 in 1966. Went on to try my hand at flat track racing...
  24. SteveinAlaska

Old Man.............................

Welcome to the club! Been collecting mine + Teamsters pension for about 5 yrs now. Enjoy the ride....
Back
Top Bottom