Search results

1. moewillis

Phase Linear 400

not a good sign that the fuses are out. i would plug it in and see if you have 80-85v on the speaker terminals. i bet the outputs are toast. if you get a mv reading that would be a good thing
  2. moewillis

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

another one that died way too young. hard to believe thursday will be 21 yrs since brad passed. always sad to see lou dog looking at his images in the video
  3. moewillis

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

little high school throwback for me... love this song, reminds me of some good times. pretty cool video too
  4. moewillis

SX 727

plastic, use plastic screws. mouser carries them. possibly available at a hardware store? they get brittle with the heat over time and you can see the result. using a metal screw will cause the heatsink to be electrically chraged
  5. moewillis

SX 727

Hopefully this pic gives you a good enough idea...
  6. moewillis

SX 727

Heatsink off a transistor in the power supply. Should be 2 of them.
  7. moewillis

Parasound Halo P5 PreAmp opinions?

i have a p5 and it does everything i need it to do. no real complaints here
  8. moewillis

Do people really believe this BS?

that is a 10 year old article that quotes a forum post to make a point. i wouldnt consider it evidence of anything really.... man these threads never go anywhere
  9. moewillis

DeoxIT Giveaway (soon)!

i too heard about deoxit on this site. wouldnt go without it now...
  10. moewillis

speaker mate for spec 1 and spec 2

hpm-100
  11. moewillis

POll: For how many people does this kid's blog title reflect your life?

nah, i might have grabbed something sitting near a dumpster in the past. ive kinda moved past that now. the stuff i like isnt typically found in a dumpster or on a shelf at the goodwill
  12. moewillis

My "high end" store visit

Is there something wrong with you? I'm off of work but thanks for the concern for my employers. Not sure where that came from... I'm going to do what you said you were going to do a few pages ago and move on from this thread. Have fun guys
  13. moewillis

:blah: :rolleyes: I knew I shouldn't have posted here :rflmao:
  14. moewillis

Stevo, do you mean to come across so arrogant or is there a joke I'm missing?
  15. moewillis

CD Players Deserve A Dedicated Category on AK

I was just a "no" at first but after reading +48v's campaign speech I'm a really big "NO!" now.
  16. moewillis

Wheeler Dealers - Discovery Changes the show, Edd China Leaves

how will i know what british tools are called?!?!? torch, spanner.... i'm a mess right now
  17. moewillis

Is the home theater craze over or what?

people seem like they are overly sensitive these days.
  18. moewillis

Help me pick a Vintage Pioneer Beginner Receiver for my Daughter

im actually redoing a 727 now. i agree, its a much nicer unit and easier to work on. that sx-3x00 series is when the bean counters started to take over.
  19. moewillis

Gold tone sx727

I'm currently rebuilding an sx-727 that has a similar tint. I assumed age and never really thought about it again
  20. moewillis

Should I go pro ?

vega's are hard to beat for what you want. they are typically pretty efficient too. just for curiosity's sake, how many wpc is the amp you are using to drive the 5's?
  21. moewillis

Real engineers use

is this just a continuation of this thread that got locked this morning? http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/beware-of-bogus-tests.765116/
  22. moewillis

Hilarious customer reviews of some expensive speakers

we've already done this one before... http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/39k-speakers-and-a-loss-for-words.744623/
  23. moewillis

Does Anyone here NOT own a Television?

i have a 60" in the living room and a 42" in the bedroom both with hd cable hooked up. i enjoy sports and watch the local news. i also enjoy car shows on velocity quite a bit. as much as i like to think i could do without, i would probably be hurting without cable
  24. moewillis

.40 Cal get ya anything?

i bet that thing kicks like a mule!
Back
Top Bottom