Search results

1. Stereognat

New room, new setup.

Eastham, that looks awesome!
  2. Stereognat

Amp recommendations (new or old) for HPM 100

Here are pictures of my NOS Onkyo M-504 and Onkyo P-304 matched with my NOS Pioneer HPM-100's in various system configurations. You can't go wrong with Onkyo and Pioneer HPM-100's :); however, I've moved to McIntosh and JBL since then for reasons best left unsaid.
  3. Stereognat

MC452 VS MA9000

Agreed, MA9000 without a ****ing doubt. :yikes: For the people that don't know, the MA9000 is quad balanced. Having owned 5 and demoed over 20 McIntosh models (MC225, MC240, MC275, MC30, MC40, MC60, MC75, MC2500, MC2505), MC7300, MC275 VI, MC75 60th anniversary, MC601, MC2KW, MA6900, C38, C1100...
  4. Stereognat

MC2000 vs. Dual MC275s

If the bulbs haven't already been replaced on the MC2000, you'll probably want to get new ones pretty soon (unless you upgrade to LED's). On the other hand, the MC275 VI is still in production and wouldn't require servicing for a very long time; however, I wouldn't buy two of them "just because"...
  5. Stereognat

McSound :)

Well, to suggest that one sounds different from the other means that one or the other is coloring the signal (or even both). The guiding principle of McIntosh had always been firmly grounded in NO coloration. Coloration is measured as DISTORTION. When a McIntosh is spec @ x watts 20-20,000 hz...
  6. Stereognat

Mac Tech in Houston?

Sorry, I don’t know of any :(.
  7. Stereognat

McSound :)

The way I see it, McIntosh has always led the industry in innovative design, superior performance, assured protection and long life. McIntosh engineers wince whenever it is suggested that McIntosh has a "signature sound" because it suggests coloration, which is directly antithetical to...
  8. Stereognat

Baby Blues (JBL 4301B) in the House!

Kenrick Sound will sometimes (but not always) alter JBL loudspeakers for their customers.
  9. Stereognat

Baby Blues (JBL 4301B) in the House!

Anyone who takes that “neon blue” photo from Kenrick Sound seriously has no idea what they’re talking about :no:. If you look at some their older videos for example, you’ll notice how the colors push more toward the purple spectrum than your typical blue. When I purchased my first pair of...
  10. Stereognat

JBL 4341 no Sound Stage vs Spendor SP1/2

Don’t twist my words around to fit your narrative because that’s not what I meant. I described the 745s as “bland” - dull and unremarkable. Dr. West would not take that as a compliment. And the owner who was selling the 745s just so happened to be looking for older JBLs instead. I’m not...
  11. Stereognat

Demoed a pair of 745s in Florida 4 months ago and was not impressed. For acoustical genres, I would describe them as “bland”, as there was no emphasis on anything (the highs, mids, and lows “weren’t there”). They reminded me of tall soundbars you’d get at a local electronic store. For a theater...
  12. Stereognat

Gotta disagree there. Just recently demoed a pair of Everest DD67000 in two different settings and thought they were too shouty like the Altecs I had. No thank you! Having owned 5 (Altec 604 8H-III from GPA) and demoed over 80 other expensive loudspeakers ranging from $3,000 to $300,000 (before...
  13. Stereognat

A proper pair of those JBL’s will sound unfuckingbelievable will all genres. That’s awesome! Do you have any pictures of it?
  14. Stereognat

Oswalds Mill Audio & their $340,000 Imperia speakers

There is not an amplifier or loudspeaker on this planet that I can’t afford, and I would still not buy these. Having already demoed six-digit loudspeakers in multiple settings, I’m not convinced even in the slightest. My go-to speakers come from JBL for reasons that are probably best left unsaid.
  15. Stereognat

McIntosh engineers wince whenever it is suggested that McIntosh has a "signature sound" because it suggests coloration, which is directly antithetical to everything McIntosh has stood for since the very beginning.
  16. Stereognat

Look at the specifications of a brand new McIntosh and tell me one “bad” thing about it.
  17. Stereognat

They weren’t “thrown into a room to impress”.
  18. Stereognat

I’ve demoed the JBL DD67000’s in two settings next to a custom pair of $120,000 loudspeakers and didn’t think much of them (compared to what I’m getting). The owners agreed with my response so much, they later asked me what to get next. :rolleyes:
  19. Stereognat

JBL 4319 just landed

Early built in LA were the lighter ones. Later from Northridge were darker.
  20. Stereognat

What got you into audio, the music or the technology of sound reproduction?

A brilliant engineer from Poland taught me how everything works in exchange for teaching him English. After 7-1/2 years, we’ve become close friends. In December of 2014, I met Eric (62caddy). Eric reminds me a lot like my father and is a mentor whenever I have questions about anything. Eric...
  21. Stereognat

It’s official- New MC1.25KW

That’s a very arrogant thing to say, wow.
  22. Stereognat

JBL Blue, Ace Hardware (match)

The blue that Rick at Kenrick Sound uses is pretty much an exact match to the two shades you will see (real life/not pictures). Early built in LA were the lighter ones. Later from Northridge were darker.
  23. Stereognat

Sounds like fun. I’d love to hear yours, too! :thumbsup:
  24. Stereognat

Those are images Kenrick Sound sent to me via email from their showroom, printed onto paper (more color change), and then framed in museum glass. Everything in that room is no longer in my possession.
Back
Top Bottom