Search results

1. cleonjr

Well, that´s the last of it!

Hey JP, Thats My Story Also. I got rid of most of my Past and not looking Back. My moto is "Keep it simple"
  2. cleonjr

stuff and more stuff.

Yea I was looking earlier how to go about it, will be in febuary got hit hard with paying deductibles and first of the year B.S. As much as I am always lurking around on AK I see it as the least I can do to Support this Site.
  3. cleonjr

stuff and more stuff.

I am sure that my collecting days are over(I hope so) I am at a point were I am content with my speakers oddly there are all repurposed. I never thought that the ADS L710's would be took down by some frankenspeakers 3 different sets at that. But that is the life at the top only one way to...
  4. cleonjr

stuff and more stuff.

started my own thread(did not want to be a thread crasher) about acumalation of stuff,going to get a rough inventory of my excess gear and get a subsription so I can take advantage of the barter town. while the bay is good for selling. at AK it is a bit more personable.only thing ,not many local...
  5. cleonjr

Hoarding and the art of letting go...

Sitting Here Thinking the same thing, Just need to figure out the best way to do it.
  6. cleonjr

Music And Audio...In Your Wildest Dreams!!!

Remember these record crates , I had peaches and sound warehouse. Now this is my music storage in 2016
  7. cleonjr

Music And Audio...In Your Wildest Dreams!!!

Who Knew at the time, Years ago when the audio industry and putting music on recordings was at it's infant stages that in 2016 there would be so many forms of musical enjoyment in the form of new ways to listen and innovations in bringing the music.back in the day my setup included A Mac mc2105...
  8. cleonjr

Bipolar Users?

I am no expert on acoustics but my thinking is bipolars need open space to radiate in a free air enviroment.in the world of speakers there are numerous options and different variations on each theme.
  9. cleonjr

Bipolar Users?

I have Some Def Technology BP-1's And Love em' I had them in an open air nearfield setup. They Are on Vacation at the moment packed away in A tote.But they are a permanent member of My family of Speakers.
  10. cleonjr

Different Speakers for Different Music?

I leave all this Guru Stuff to You Experts, But me All Of my Speakers do Every kind of music Right. Every Speaker Has it's own signature and every speaker speaks for itself, Just like we have different voices so do speakers. the the magic is the way they sing.
  11. cleonjr

A list of vintage LOUD Speakers 120db Plus.

In My younger days I woulda said bring it on....now I just ask WHY! Have Fun Guys, Protect those ears You will regret it if you get hearing damage
  12. cleonjr

Use subwoofer drivers as woofers?

Well There You Have It. not worth the effort.Actualy I think you will do a diservice if you were to disasemble those working subs they look to be fairly capable of doing some good subwoofer work.
  13. cleonjr

Use subwoofer drivers as woofers?

It is better to know first hand than to take adice to heart.personal knowledge is always better than someone elses.no guts no glory.
  14. cleonjr

QUESTION ABOUT SEALED SPEAKER ENCLOSURES

Hello fretbasher, I would look at the crossover design and see what can be upgraded. I am not familar with the 3500, But My experience with vintage speakers like the sp3500 the crossover holds them back. You just might make them sound magical. one thing I know for sure is if you want to play in...
  15. cleonjr

Help to I.D. Positive side

Looks like the bigun is the + one Thank's For the Testing tips Guy's I am gonna run with this.
  16. cleonjr

Unfortunately these are new never wired, I looked at some other tweeters and drivers and the ones with 2 different size terminals the larger is always + So I will just have to go with that. Oh and the battery test wont work it is a titanium dome with no movement. they used these in some of the...
  17. cleonjr

I dont think that was ment for a tweeter since there is no cone excursion. also I have seen the big terminal + and - in different speakers.
  18. cleonjr

Any One Fulla Schiit?

Yea ,Looks Like this one is A Bust. Search goes on.
  19. cleonjr

I have these foster tweeters I am planing to use there are no markings how can I tell wich terminal is + they are going to be in a 3 way so the polarity shouldn't matter if I cant find out. searched on the inner web no luck.
  20. cleonjr

Discovered DAC's for PC audio.

Looks like they already have Audio Solutions in a Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128835
  21. cleonjr

Thank You Sir, Yep the search continues cause eventualy the htomega will give up the ghost. but at least I have more time to look now. my MB is the same age as thae sound card it is a asus rampage extreme but for now it too is rock solid(Overkill as I only use as web browsing and selling on...
  22. cleonjr

Thank You onwardjames, I have that identical sound card with the front panel controls. I tried it on win10 and it caused all kinds of problems so it will only work with winxp and lower I have xppro as a dual boot but it doesn't justify using the sound card as my ther apps are win10 based .but...
  23. cleonjr

Any One Fulla Schiit?

Thanks Guy's Just Got my Sound card up and running So I at least have more time to consider my options, Preciate the input!!!
  24. cleonjr

My Sound Card Just Crapped Out.

Whew, Dodged the bullit I am Back in the music Bizznezz. simple fix(DUH) http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/discovered-dacs-for-pc-audio.697661/
  25. cleonjr

Ok , my baby has made a recovery, After blowing out the computer and adding the claro+ back in its slot the computer reconized it re-installed the win10 drivers and walla let there be sound. I was bummed out at the thought of losing this sound card, Although it is 15 years old it has the specs...
Back
Top Bottom