Search results

1. Y

Single CD tray for Pioneer-style 6 CD magazine. How does it work?

I have an old Magnavox/Phillips CDB 486 player that is still going strong but I don't care for the hassle of the swing out cartridge magazines. I guess it's nice to be able to load several, but I think I'd actually use it more if it were a single tray. In fact, I end up doing most of my CD...
  2. Y

My Empire 598 bested by a mid-range Technics?

I'm no expert on turntables so it's possible I'm making rookie mistakes. I have an Empire 598 III that I bought without a belt, tonearm cable, or stylus. I made a cable, installed a belt and got the speed dialed in. The Empire had a Shure M91ED cartridge already on it. I went through the...
  3. Y

Left Channel Works for Digital Inputs but not Analog?

I have a Sony DA5ES receiver that does double duty for 5.1 surround and 2-channel listening. The other night while listening to my turntable, I noticed that the left channel dropped out. It came back a few minutes later. It doesn’t drop in and out rapidly, it just seems to come and go from time...
  4. Y

How overpowered is TOO overpowered?

I've been on the lookout for a cheap pair of garage speakers for awhile now. The other day I picked up a pair of old Ampex ALX1 speakers. They're a 6x9 oval full range driver. They're pretty beat up on the outside but they sound decent for what they are. I like that being full range I don't need...
  5. Y

Adequate cooling for a G-7000?

I'm considering placement for my G-7000 receiver and my options are fairly limited. Short of rearranging the room and coming up with more furniture my only option is an opening in the TV stand that is 30" wide, 12" tall, and 24" deep. The Sansui is around 20 by 7.5 by 16.5. Also, the shelf is...
Back
Top Bottom