Search results

1. pcxmbfj

Sony DVP-NS575P 2nd Death

Unit discarded by neighbor so I picked up to tinker. One of two I decided to open this one because it could play mp3. Opened and found cd inside. Relatively clean I did some vac and air. Found a cable loose. Powered and displays worked, no remote but figure some button from manual and things...
  2. pcxmbfj

Using Bose 321 for TV Sound

I'm trying to get my new TCL TV audio into an old Bose 321 media center instead of buying a soundbar. Although Bose may not be great sound I've had it for years with little use. My cable service is new fiber from a Cisco settop box HDMI into the tv, and I interface the Bose with an optical...
  3. pcxmbfj

Transister Replacement

I have a suspect Sanken 2SC2580 npn transistor in my Kenwood KA-405 intergrated amp. Found on ebay same model for sale and a contact number. Called and rep verified model and that it was npn but could not confirm it was same as mine. So how can I be confident this is a workable replacement?
  4. pcxmbfj

Help needed troubleshooting KA-405

I'm hoping to bring this integrated amp back to life to pair with a KT-8005 tuner bought in '72. Working with a hifiengine service manual until I can get one from StereoManuals whose website is being reworked. Using Electronic Troubleshooting by Jerome Oleksy as my guide I'm ready to put the...
  5. pcxmbfj

Lot of audio good in Vermont on ebay next hour

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEREO-COMPONENTS-OVER-70-PIECES-PICKUP-IN-VT-CHECK-OUT-THIS-LOT-LISTED-MODEL-/181925863583?hash=item2a5ba0609f:g:oeEAAOSw37tWEGSj Not mine just thought someone might be interested
  6. pcxmbfj

Recently obtained KA-405

First post after long absence. Been looking for an integrated amp to mate with the old Ken tuner I've had since '72 and located this KA-405 locally. The 405 is from '78-80 period from the little I've been able to find online and it was cheap. Put on the DBT and started at 150w bulb, 100w. ended...
  7. pcxmbfj

Who does Pioneer work now

Where to find tec's that works on the '70 silver faced units now? Are their numbers still in decline or are there new faces that have developed the skills?
  8. pcxmbfj

SX-6 Intermittent Problem

In a previous thread I got great help in bringing this unit back to life. It now powers and plays until I shut it off. Everything seems to work except level indicator lights for the right channel. When I move the unit, it loses what seems to be the B6, B7, and B8 channels in the power...
  9. pcxmbfj

DBT Troubleshoting Results SX-6

I continue to try to grasp the concepts of repairing audio equipment beyond the mechanical on some throwaway pieces like this Pioneer SX-6 receiver. Had the unit playing with air and CRC cleaning but the desire to do more resulted in a dead unit. So I took it off the shelf and put it on...
  10. pcxmbfj

SX-1010 Preservation?

Just got my SX-1010 back from the tech who adjusted bias and cleaned the POTS. There's a pretty long thread about my first efforts to do that myself last year. Everything appears original, I've made sure it plays but don't currently plan to put it to much use. It's big and doesn't fit my...
  11. pcxmbfj

New Belt Pioneer CT-8R

After a vigorous search on this site earlier this week I found instructions for changing the main belt in this '80s model cassette player. Today I've spent fruitless time to find same. Does anyone even care enough about this model to know how to get to belts? Appreciations in advance.
  12. pcxmbfj

Nostalgic Gear Ad

Found this old ad from the Washington Post in some files. Thought it might bring back some memories for some.
  13. pcxmbfj

Checking health of Bang&Olufsen S45

Going to look at a set of S45 first edition speakers later today and party couldn't take the grills off for pictures. Understand the probability of subbed drivers, deteriorated foam so how do the grills come off? Look like "plastic hole and insert" like other speakers I have if the web pics...
  14. pcxmbfj

Marketplace Forum

What's the deal with the classified forum? Is it new? Seems to have been added recently but doesn't allow me to post.
  15. pcxmbfj

Options for my SX1010

Options for an SX1010 I tried to restore this unit sometime back and came to the realization that 1. I was seriously over my head 2. I don't really want to get as deeply into the techniques of electronics required at my age. 3. I don't have the time to do it. 4. I do want the unit...
  16. pcxmbfj

EPI M110 Rework

Just got a set of the M110 that appear to be from the early '90s and just did the re-foam. They have the 8" woofer and knob to adjust crossover from woofer to the tweeter. Playing them has a great sound in one and a muted, muffled sound in the other. If I could get both sounding as good...
  17. pcxmbfj

Considering EPI 90 speakers

Friend has a set of the Epicure EPI 90 or M90 he's offering and I'm pretty sure they need new surrounds. He's not at all into audio and can't give a good appraisal of their condition. How can I determine what surrounds are necessary and cost without having the speakers?
  18. pcxmbfj

Member from NC

Been on the board since summer but thought I would make a belated introduction. Music has been a passion of mine from college, ASU, and blends well with my other one, cycling. Not so much when riding but my music is on one side of the basement tool room and bike building and repair on the...
  19. pcxmbfj

What is this tool?

I'm refoaming a set of Technics woofers that attach to the inside of the cones, unlike the only other refoam I've done. A search here had a pictorial with this tool. Does anyone know what it is?
  20. pcxmbfj

Pioneer CS-G911 Speakers

My record in buying speakers is sub-par at best and all I'm looking for is an acceptable replacement to a set of 1975 Kenwood karaoke I got with a receiver. The GS-G911 seems to be part of a mid-level rack system but does anyone have experience with them?
  21. pcxmbfj

PSA:CL Electronic component, tubes, etc

This showed up today. No idea of who or if contents applicable to audio gear. http://greensboro.craigslist.org/ele/4162923673.html
  22. pcxmbfj

KR-7050 Fault Prevention

Are there known issues to address on the KR-7050 to extend life? I run across many threads on other brands and models that have recapping instructions and as I think this will be my main unit was wondering what prevention I should take beyond the Deoxit and cleaning procedures.
  23. pcxmbfj

Cerwin Vega 26 tweeter replacement

Got a set of Cerwin Vega 26 2-way floor speakers in a bundle deal. In the start to referb I'm not sure of how much of the speaker is even original as only the crossover have model markings. In a classic ready, fire, aim mode I purchased and refoamed the 12" woofer before assessing what I have...
  24. pcxmbfj

Help diagnose protection mode SX-6

Had a SX-6 for a week that was playing nicely for a couple of days after a CRC fluid cleaning so hit it again with more Sunday. Did about three baths and let it dry overnight before powering again. Came on with some lights but no sound, no tuning, doesn't work. Power down, disconnected...
  25. pcxmbfj

Exceptional SX-1010 opinions wanted

Bought this on impulse over the weekend. Unit looks clean, nice, vouched for by seller but couldn't hear it before buying. When opened today looks very good. No leaking caps, exceptionally clean. but what should I do with it? Will you with expertise on the SX-1010 check the pictures and...
Back
Top Bottom