Search results

1. dread31

12AX7's - Tube flash on power up at base only on old tubes, not new production. Why?

I have a pair of Bogen labelled Mullard 6eu7s that flash brightly upon power up. It looks very cool and they sound fantastic. I don't worry about it.
  2. dread31

What's British in your system?

Musical Fidelity A3CD cd player in the main stereo system, Kef subwoofer in the home theater and assorted Mullard tubes. The cd player has sounded great and worked like a champ since new, the subwoofer had to be repaired after a mouse crawled into one of the ports and electrocuted himself...
  3. dread31

Magnavox 9302 Right Channel drops out.

Well, Fellas it's been running for about 16 hours and hasn't skipped a beat........... I did nothing. Whatever. LOL!
  4. dread31

Listening to some Shostakovich on 180 gram Living Stereo vinyl right now. This little amp is amazing, considering the fact that it came out of a cheap, 50+ year old console. This one was restored and modded by fellow Aker, Vaughn. Great stuff. That's why I want to hold onto it.
  5. dread31

Yes, I have done this with my laptop output. Same issue.
  6. dread31

Yes, I wiggled one of the 6eu7s last night and it dropped in and out and made other rude noises. The other was much tighter. I'm thinking new sockets are in order. I've built my own kits before. (Bottlehead). So, I am handy with a soldering iron. Might just give that a go with some good, high...
  7. dread31

I've been thinking about this. It would make sense that a socket might get screwy after enough heat soaks in. Perhaps they have just loosened up? The do appear to be the original sockets, after all.
  8. dread31

I've tried swapping the 6eu7s around. Haven't noticed any difference yet, It's still trucking along with both channels. So, if it drops out again, I'll try the 6bq5s. Currently, I'm running old Mullards in the 6eu7 positions and repro-Gold Lions (Russian) in the 6bq5 positions. I have several...
  9. dread31

Nope, no visual changes. It just goes silent.
  10. dread31

All tubes stay fully lit as near as I can tell.
  11. dread31

It was completely rebuilt a couple years ago.
  12. dread31

Hey guys, I have a sweet little 9302 that works perfectly and sounds amazing for about two hours and then the right channel disappears on me. There is no noise, no popping, hissing or static type noise, it just goes quiet. Not a tube amp expert by any means. I was just wondering what this could...
  13. dread31

console stereo tube amps

I have a beautiful 9300 series Magnavox modded by a fellow AKer and wrapped in a custom case built by me. I'm listening to the Beatles "Let it Be" on that jewel as I type. IMG_00121 by dread31 posted Jul 30, 2015 at 11:03 PM
  14. dread31

Galactic Peeping Tom

Galactic Peeping Tom
  15. dread31

My Music Corner

Ridiculously nice!
  16. dread31

Stargazers!

That event was a conjunction that took place two weeks ago. It'll be a while before it happens again. Here is the calculator I use for such events........ https://in-the-sky.org/risesetcharts.php
  17. dread31

Stargazers!

Who here does any stargazing? I have been at it, of and on, for many years. After an eight year hiatus I decided to pull the 'scope* out and take a gander at the Venus/Jupiter conjunction, eyeballing Orions belt and all it has to offer as well. I was bitten again. Now, I am considering doing...
  18. dread31

Who here owns a 6900?

Okay, who else here owns or has owned an MA6900? I love mine, meter issues notwithstanding. Besides the used 2120 I had about 20 years ago, this is the only McGear I've ever owned.
  19. dread31

MA6900 Owners.................

Who here owns a 6900 integrated? I bought mine new in 2006 and still enjoy it, but it has not been without issues. Has anyone had else problems with the meters and the meter lamps? Within months of the original purchase I had lamps burning out and intermittent function of the meters. So, I...
  20. dread31

AK Mid Atlantic Fall 2015 gathering.

In fact, I believe it helps one lose weight.
  21. dread31

The Samosas were a first for me. Good stuff.
  22. dread31

There was gear, conversation, beer, burgers and cheesecake. All the star were aligned. What more could anyone ask?
  23. dread31

It was glorious.
  24. dread31

I have lots of coffee I can bring. Kirkland 100% Columbian Supremo. I'll bring it anyways to give to our host as a token of my appreciation.... (And to pimp my product........tee, heeee...)
Back
Top Bottom