Search results

1. dread31

Magnavox 9302 Right Channel drops out.

Hey guys, I have a sweet little 9302 that works perfectly and sounds amazing for about two hours and then the right channel disappears on me. There is no noise, no popping, hissing or static type noise, it just goes quiet. Not a tube amp expert by any means. I was just wondering what this could...
  2. dread31

Stargazers!

Who here does any stargazing? I have been at it, of and on, for many years. After an eight year hiatus I decided to pull the 'scope* out and take a gander at the Venus/Jupiter conjunction, eyeballing Orions belt and all it has to offer as well. I was bitten again. Now, I am considering doing...
  3. dread31

Who here owns a 6900?

Okay, who else here owns or has owned an MA6900? I love mine, meter issues notwithstanding. Besides the used 2120 I had about 20 years ago, this is the only McGear I've ever owned.
  4. dread31

MA6900 Owners.................

Who here owns a 6900 integrated? I bought mine new in 2006 and still enjoy it, but it has not been without issues. Has anyone had else problems with the meters and the meter lamps? Within months of the original purchase I had lamps burning out and intermittent function of the meters. So, I...
  5. dread31

Active Crossovers; Home vs. Pro??????

I've been looking into Bi-Amping, running the highs through tubes and the rest through a solid state amp to my homebrew waveguide speakers (2-way). However, I'd like to have the x-over point and level adjustable for experimental purposes. At any rate, my questions are as follows...
  6. dread31

Bottlehead Smash or Transcendent Grounded Grid?

Thinking about doing a preamp build this fall. These are the two choices I've come down to, based on price, features and reviews. I generally like my tubes out where I can see them, but I've read nice things about the Transcendent.:scratch2: Anyhoo, does anybody here have experience with...
  7. dread31

Benz-Micro?

Okay, so in researching my next potential cartridge purchase, I noticed something..... I only see the Benz Silver and Gold for sale in the U.S.A......... The others in the line only seem to be available in Europe. What the heck happened?:scratch2:
  8. dread31

Revox B795 needs a cartridge.

I have a B795 that's in need of a cartridge. It had an old Grado that no longer sounds good and I believe was never a proper match for this short armed linear tracker anyways. However, everything else on this jewel works just fine. Any recommendations? I've spent as much as $800 on a cartridge...
  9. dread31

The Bedroom System-Luxman-Nak-ADS

Top to bottom; Nakamichi 480 Cassette Luxman T550u Tuner Luxman L309 Integrated Denon DCD1500 Speakers are the early ADS L710 Gorgeous sound!!! Love it! Dave
  10. dread31

Raytheon 5751 Windmill Getter?

Who here has had experience with these guys? I have heard they are great tubes, so I pulled the trigger on a matched pair today for $60 to run in my phono preamp. Dave
  11. dread31

Tubes in you phono pre?

Who here runs tubes in their vinyl rig? My current set up is a Pro-Ject 6.1/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood mkII/Pro-Ject Tube Box S............. At the moment, I'm running RCA triple mica black plate 5751s. Other tubes I roll in are; The Pro-Ject branded 12ax7 it came with...... RCA...
  12. dread31

Heaven on Earth

Okay, so the girlfriend, her son Nathan and I went to the Spring Wine Festival in downtown Norfolk today. It was an absolutely gorgeous day of wine tasting and eating delicious Bar-B-Que under a bright blue sky with cool, gentle breezes. She felt so good under my arm as the music played, people...
  13. dread31

Revox A77mkIV EOT lamp change?

Okay, this lamp has gone out and I have found a replacement bulb. So, do I just pull the old one out and pop the new one in? Or is there more to this? Any input will be appreciated as I don't want to run into any PITA problems doing a simple bulb change...........................:no: Dave
  14. dread31

PRV D290py vs. Selenium DT220ti?

My new PRV drivers arrived today. It took me 5 minutes to swap them out of my econowaves.............. HOLY CRAP! Right out of the box, the improvement is vast. When I first opened the box, they were very cold from sitting outside. At first and at low volume levels, it was "Okay, this is a...
  15. dread31

PRV D290pyS

I have a pair of these on the way as an upgrade from the Selenium D220Ti, based on comments around the 'net and on the PE site. These will be coupled to the Dayton HS6512 waveguides. I am looking for a smoother, more natural sound in the midrange, without spending a fortune. So, am I in...
  16. dread31

Fostex Super Tweets on the way........

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of FT17H super tweeters and a duo of the Audyn Plus 1.5pf caps to add to my ongoing econowave project. Just looking to add some air and sparkle on top. Now to work out configuration. If I mount them directly to the mahogany horn bezel it'll mess with the...
  17. dread31

A New Era in American Space Travel.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Aq0ywWhfk AWESOME!!!!!! Dave
  18. dread31

Full range drivers?

Does anyone here have an opinion to offer on a good full range driver of say 5" - 6.5" diameter to use with a 15 wpc tube amp? (Magnavox 9302). I'm considering putting together a small tube based system for my bedroom. What I have in here now just takes up too much space. And, please...
  19. dread31

Video of my system in action;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgzSoIuhlM&feature=youtu.be Revox A77mkIV, McIntosh MA6900, Musical Fidelity A3CD, Nakamichi 480, Pro-Ject 6.1/ ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood mkII/ Pro-Ject Tube box S. Speakers are Zilchlab Econowaves of my own build. (Picture in avatar.) Dave
  20. dread31

How to post videos?

I have a few short videos, (~3 minutes), of my system in action that I would LOVE to share. However, I can't seem to get them to load up on AK. Any suggestions? Dave
  21. dread31

New E-wave crossovers;

Huge improvement from the design I used before which was pretty much generic. Stronger, tighter bass, ultra clear mids and shimmering highs. I noticed, after I bought all of the parts and started assembling, that they are for the Dayton PA310 12" and I am running the PA380 15" in the parts...
  22. dread31

Magnepan Rebuild?

I have a set of non functional MG1s languishing in my garage. I believe they need both new film and wire. Does Magnepan, or anyone else, still rebuild these guys? Dave
  23. dread31

Bang & Olufson 4002 HELP!

My B&O has a channel out. It appears one of the copper contact ribbons where the cartridge plugs in has come loose on the tonearm side. That's all that's wrong with this beautiful turntable. Does anyone have any tips on how to repair this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dave
  24. dread31

Econowave mod updates...........

I made three point outrigger style stands out of solid African Mahogany with 1.5" adjustable brass cones bolted in. This lifts the speakers 2.25" and tilts them approximately 2 degrees. The grilles are new too. Made from a plastic grille frame kit from PE and "Burl Wood" printed sheer fabric I...
Back
Top Bottom