Search results

1. Andy Hi-Fi

Here is my latest fixer-upper. 2252 needs work....

ouch! I've had a few from ebay that were also damaged ,people need to learn how to pack these receivers, I always ask for the corners to have extra padding if possible and double boxed.I had a 2215B with a pretty bad bent corner but yours looks like it went through hell! wow, hope it works after...
  2. Andy Hi-Fi

Marantz 2220 selector switch problem

Sorry for the late post,I have not looked in to it, I've been restoring a 2240, but yeah only clicks from going to am to fm on slector switch.
  3. Andy Hi-Fi

Pioneer SX626

Thanks
  4. Andy Hi-Fi

Pioneer SX626

Picked one up for last week, left channel 2A protection fuse was blown, ended up being the VR3 trim pot was open.The right channel was ok but I'm going to replace VR4 also, the pointer light is out too,question is how difficult are they to replace looks like a pain, also can't find the value of...
  5. Andy Hi-Fi

Marantz Model 2010 and Twenty Six Receivers

I will put pics up tonight, I ordered lights for the 26 from wojo Looks like I'll keep the 2010 and do a full resto on it, the 26 sounds great though! I have a 2240B,2230,2220 and a 2215B
  6. Andy Hi-Fi

Marantz Model 2010 and Twenty Six Receivers

I just aquired a Marantz 2010 and the twenty six receivers, both are in excellent condition and are working, the twenty six has a few bulbs out but thats it, question is which one to keep. I'll want to do a cap upgrade on one of these. I don't know much about the Marantz twenty six but it looks...
  7. Andy Hi-Fi

Marantz 2220 No sound at all - P800?

Top of pic.3 img3871 looks like solder connection i would re-flow that one
  8. Andy Hi-Fi

I restored the P-900 board over the weekend, changed (7) e-caps, (2) film caps and (2) 2SC458's transistors.
  9. Andy Hi-Fi

I did the Deoxit cleaning a few times and click is still there , strange it's only in left channel, could it be in the FM board I believe the P-200, maybe leaky caps?
  10. Andy Hi-Fi

I've been doing a restoration on a 2220, I upgraded the P-800 power supply, P-500 pre-amp and P-900 phono boards so far, anyway I'm no sure if I noticed this before but when I switch from phono to fm or from am to fm on selector switch I hear a loud click in the left channel only, you hear it...
  11. Andy Hi-Fi

Kirksaeter Speakers In The House

That is a serious receiver they made in the day, I do remember the speakers at a audio store in my area at the time and they were expensive compared to the Bozak's Monitors I bought , the ones with the 8 speaker tweeter array's and 4 8" mid/bass drivers.
  12. Andy Hi-Fi

Kirksaeter Speakers In The House

Any Kirksaeter fans out there, I got these awhile back had to refoam the woofers. I love the sound and the wood finish is top notch, these are the monitor 100s
  13. Andy Hi-Fi

Marantz 2220: Need help troubleshooting hiss

New update on hiss, on the P-500 board I replaced the 6 2SC458LGA with 2SC2240 transistors and the hiss has vanished, so this problem seemed to be from these type transistors, in my case anyway. I have 2 of these transistors to replace in the phono board which will be my next upgrade. The 2220...
  14. Andy Hi-Fi

Thanks I'll keep you posted if I can solve my issue, I've got 3 other Marantz units a 1040,2240B and 2215B, this is the first with this type of problem, I'm in various resto stages with the others but no real issues, I have become a Marantz junkie! of late.
  15. Andy Hi-Fi

I don't know if you fixed this problem yet but I'm also working on a 2220 and have the same issue you have. I've only restored the P-800 board so far, up next I guess will be the P-500. I ordered some 2SC2240 Transistors already to replace the 2SC458LGA ones.
  16. Andy Hi-Fi

Stock em or order them.

Yes as Steven says, the 22xx receivers and others like 1030, 1040, 1060 share common cap values but there are so many different combinations between models it's impossible to have all the right ones for a upgrade, just build up your supply as you go.
  17. Andy Hi-Fi

Quality of Test Records

I picked up a Alan Holdsworth Test Record pressing Velvet Darkness LP the other day, it sounded very good, as far as the quality of these what is the overall consensus
  18. Andy Hi-Fi

most reliable NAD amps?

I have a 2200 that had intermittent problems due to the speaker protection relay, after I replaced both left and right channels and did a partial cap upgrade (main filter caps) the unit works great and is very reliable.
  19. Andy Hi-Fi

VPI HW-19 Restore

Like the original 2 piece clamp, now where did mine disappear ? btw great restoration job!
  20. Andy Hi-Fi

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My Marantz line up so far 2238B 2240B 2215B and 1040 almost full cap rest on 2215B and 1040
  21. Andy Hi-Fi

Technics SL-1700

Just means there are several cartridges under $200 that would fit your needs, comes down to what sounds best to you, check reviews of budget carts
  22. Andy Hi-Fi

Technics SL-1700

I just put a Grado Green ( from Audio Advisor $95) on my SL-1700 and it sounds great for a low budget cart. very smooth, the Grado Red is around $160 I think, and its excellent also, used it on a Dual TT a few years ago
  23. Andy Hi-Fi

NAD 5340 skipping music - problem solved

This is a older thread but very useful I also picked up a 5340 and it was skipping your fix works great took a couple of treatments but all is well thank you Gary
  24. Andy Hi-Fi

Fried Speaker Fans

I've done some more updates to the betas..I really did not like the vinyl veneer on them so off they came (a iron with a putty scraper did the trick) without too much trouble had to scrape some glue residue but all in all not bad..I bought some real cherry wood veneer with paper backing and...
Back
Top Bottom