Search results

1. Fletch

Technics SL-1500 Skating thru first track......why?

Are all 4 of the wiring pins (at the rear of the cartridge) solidly attached to the cartridge body? Yes. I have double checked that. They are solid. Stylus assembly is firmly in place. I have pulled it out to look at the stylus under magnification. I have cleaned the headshell contacts...
  2. Fletch

What TT's do you folks have

My $30 budget TT. Technics SL-1500. Better than what I had. Needs some more fine tuning but I'm enjoying it.
  3. Fletch

Perhaps but it seems the more I try to move the cart, the more the channel drops out. Just heard it again as I was adjusting the cart. I had the overhang incorrect so I had to move it forward in the headshell. It's obvious I have a intermittent loose connection somewhere. I will leave it alone...
  4. Fletch

Sorry....you were a great help Spark1. But like I said....I'm a clutz....I try to be careful but always end up screwing something up.....without even realizing that I;m doing it. That's probably why it's taken me so long to get a better table.....reluctant to screw something else up......so...
  5. Fletch

I've reconnected everything and now I have sound thru each channel. I'm not entirely sure what I did. I'm at a loss....like I said...I;m a clutz. I will wait for the cart alignment tool before doing anything else.
  6. Fletch

Readings for left are .627 on 2k scale. Right are .628 on 2k scale I was measuring incorrectly from the left and right pins. They ohm out as open. Headshell wires were corrected correctly and securely. I also checked wires form back of cart to the points on the headshell that connect to the...
  7. Fletch

OK. Seems I measured the incorrect points. Should these be floating values. Seem to jump to high number then drop down. But I am reading ohms on those points. Measuring .627 on a 2k scale on right channel. Measuring .628 on left channel Other points read open
  8. Fletch

Cart model is a M91ED.....I will order a new stylus. Probably needs one anyway. Testing the cart using this procedure: Using an ohmmeter, you can check the continuity of a Shure phono cartridge body. 1. Remove any wires connected to the cartridge. You will test at the pins on the rear of the...
  9. Fletch

Cart was working up until I moved the cart forward in the headshell. Now no right channel. I have ohmed the wires from the cart to the the back of the headshell and they all connected correctly. You said to test the cart....how do I do that? It was working prior to moving the cart forward. I...
  10. Fletch

Well....now I remember why I don;t mess with fine electronics.....I've lost my right channel completely. I have ohmed the wires and they are not broken. Only thing I did was move the cart forward. I've removed the wires and then put them back on.......but no sound. I'm bummed to say the least...
  11. Fletch

Thanks Montycat! I will look into those readings. I did a thorough setup(minus the baerwald, its on its way). Skating appears to be set at 2 as anything lower makes the needle skip thru the first track. I'm sure the cart is not aligned correctly but the baerwald should help fix that. As for...
  12. Fletch

I think you are both correct. New stylus may be in order. I had checked the stylus under high magnification and it looked good. I will check into the JICO but I;m afraid my funds are low. Any other recommendations for a new stylus? How do I check that both channels are working correctly...
  13. Fletch

I guess I need to be more careful with picking records. The record I used to test has a small manufacturing defect that made the stylus skip the beginning track. Not happening on any other records so far. I did check all of your recommendations though...thank you all. Any recommendations on...
  14. Fletch

Excuse my ignorance but I am at a loss to why it is skipping. I have adjusted every setting. I do not have an ideal setup as it was missing it's headshell so an aftermarket headshell was purchased. I am using a Shure Cartridge. I;ve moved the cartridge forward in the headshell and towards the...
  15. Fletch

My first player - Magnavox Micromatic (Collaro) - first record ever played

I sent you a message but it seems you have more questions. First question? Do you want to keep it or sell it? If you want to sell it....then sell it as it is. There, unfortunately, is not a lot of value with these units. Realistically you are looking at about $100 on the high end...if it is working.
  16. Fletch

Realistic LAB-430: Platter will not start but motor and switch working...STUMPED

Motor and switch to engage the motor is working. It's all the srpings and levers before the switch that is the problem. Is there a spring missing? Seems there is not enough pull on the levers to engage the switch when i move the tonearm to the play position. Unfortunately it's beyond me.....only...
  17. Fletch

Realistic LAB-430 worth my time? I already have it.

It's beyond me.....only thing I can think is that it's missing something but without another turntable to compare it to.....I'm stuck Just ordered a new needle for my old one.....grrrr. Hate wasting money.
  18. Fletch

is there a spring missing? seems there is not enough pull on the levers to engage the switch when i move the tonearm to the play position.
  19. Fletch

So it was a sign or I;m a clumsy idiot. I am going with the first one. Just f'cked my other record player. So I better get this one running. Switch works. Its the part before the switch that is not working. I have taken 2 pictures and I am still trying to figure it out. It has a Shure cart so...
  20. Fletch

Yes. Sorry. My brain is moosh most of the time. When I spin the platter manually the platter motor kicks on and the tonearm returns to the rest position. I know the motor has turned on because I can feel resistance when I try to stop the platter from spinning. So the microswitch may be the...
  21. Fletch

Unfortunately that is the problem. The platter doesn't start to move when I manually move the tonearm. It does nothing until I spin the platter. It then takes off but the tonearm goes to the manual position. It is very odd. Seems the motor is working. Thought maybe I was missing something.....
  22. Fletch

Oddly enough I can't get the unit to work. When I cue the needle it does nothing. If I spin the platter the light on the side turns on and the platter starts moving on it's own but then the tone arm goes into the resting position and the unit shuts off.....I'm stumped.
  23. Fletch

Picked this up in a large lot from a local picker I know. He's not a reseller like me. I sell everything(that can fit in a box). It seems in good condition. Have yet to hook it up. Is it worth my time? Keep in mind I have a Sony PS-LX210 currenty. To my ears it sounds good but then again I've...
  24. Fletch

Magnavox CDB-560 Vs Nakamichi MB-8.......which one.....? Can't make a decision

Thanks guys!! I have been leaning in that direction. I do like some of the detail but it does not sound open like the magnavox. Uptight is the only way I can describe it. As for the laser on the Magnavox. I've never had an issue. Reads everything. Even scratched discs. It's a workhorse for...
  25. Fletch

Cds trying to think of a reason.

I love CDs and have thousands to prove it. The ONLY reason I listen to streaming music is that my wife won't let me put a system in our kitchen so....Pandora and a bluetooth speaker is all i got. I like pandora for the new music I get to listen to. Radio doesn't do that. Hate radio. Spinning...
Back
Top Bottom