Search results

1. B

It's been a year or two, so I was wondering. Budget system advice.

Thanks for the reply. It’s an actual office. The room is 16x14. My desk is a big u type shape desk. So I put the speakers on each corner facing me and the sub to the right of ny feet facing my chair.
  2. B

It's been a year or two, so I was wondering. Budget system advice.

Hello guys! It's been a few / couple years since I built my last budget system for my office here at work. The small little Dayton amp has started giving me fits in terms of scratchy/noise/static when I turn the volume up/down so, I was entertaining the idea of just building me another budget...
  3. B

Help - my hat is in my hand.

First I'd like to point out the OP isn't the one questioning the suggestion of the mentioned speakers. I appreciate it and actually looked them up and read about them. Secondly, unless someone swings in and suggest something otherwise, I'm going to snag the Polks and the Dayton Sub / AMP, IF I...
  4. B

Thank you guys, I'm leaning toward the Polk 15s. I hate to be a newb but can anyone please confirm that everything is compatible with the Polk setup? Impedance wise and all that? I don't want to burn anything up.
  5. B

Thank you for the reply Drew. What if I swapped the Dayton B652's for the Polk T15's? Does that setup/system still work properly and is compatible? SETUP #2 Polk Audio T15's Dayton Sub 1000 Dayton DTA-1 I am lost when it comes to setting up sound system in terms of Ohms and frying an amp...
  6. B

Hello everyone, First of all my hat is in my hand. I am newish to audio projects, so please approach me in that way. Assuming I really that don't know what is going on here! HA! I am need recommendations for a new project that I am going to be doing soon and you guys have helped me in the past...
  7. B

New guy with his hat in his hand.

Just for an update on everything. I talked to my father-in-law today. Here is the rundown on his system. Speakers: Altec Lansing Voice of theater Amp: Decware 6 watt, 3 watt per channel Turn Table: I'm sorry I can't remember the name, thought I jotted it down... but it started with a J I...
  8. B

And now that "Voice of theater" has been mentioned, that also rings a bell. Those are the speakers he has. You guys have convinced me to not try to get that same sound I am after from my current setup. I can give up on that and look to put me a listening only system in another room in the...
  9. B

Thank you guys for the replies. I'm in Alabama. Already learning something. And now that the words single ended triode has been mentioned, I remember him saying that as well. I don't want to act like I don't like what I've got now. I think for what it's being used for, it's OK with me. But...
  10. B

Just some initial thoughts that I've had is swapping the LSI9's out for something more significant, or what I think is more significant... but like I said, I'm new to this stuff so I am open minded and don't mind being put in my place. Thoughts on these instead of the LSI9's? Polk RTI A7's...
  11. B

Hello everyone! Well I'm the new guy on the block here, love the website. I did the "introduction" thread, but I'll cover a bit more about myself in this thread as well. First I'd like to state that I am very new into the sound arena. I really enjoy music, listening to music etc. A key note...
  12. B

What's up!

New guy getting into sound / music at the ripe age of 31! I'm an IT guy from the great state of Alabama. Mostly do Network related task, website building and things of that nature. Pretty much an all around type guy. Anyway, I look forward to reading and learning on this site. Probably...
Back
Top Bottom