Search results

1. miles12

Cartridge Advice

if you liked the AT95E,you can try AT VM95E,N or ML!why not?
  2. miles12

Pickering XV-15 Impressions And Info...........

you're right:I am using all sorts of XV15 styli...since D750E,D625 etc.... the 350c is amazing,the D150dj is also excellent but I prefer the blue D625dj,very,very close to the D625e!
  3. miles12

Live Albums....

fantastic KEITH MOON!
  4. miles12

A Lenco doesn’t ‘need’ mods to be great: Ignore claims that you MUST modify

I have a stock GL75 since12 years and I am very with it! just a classic maintenange:Vblocks,bearing,cleaning,lubricating,greasing,tightening the suspension springs and soldering news RCA wires! low/medium MM cartridges work very well with the stock arm( high/medium masse).I use shure...
  5. miles12

Best stylus replacement for Stanton 680ee

right! and pickering XV15 also:music:
  6. miles12

New RCA's needed, best way to go?

thorens original cables are not so bad,perhaps you have to change only the rca connectors(after 40 years, they can be oxidized!)
  7. miles12

Thorens TD 316 / TP 21 antiskate weight SIZE needed

the 5mm is the small weight the large is 8mm tall with a diameter of 7mm! the weight of the two sets is 2g:thumbsup:
  8. miles12

Replacement Stylus for older Pickering XV-15?

the 4822dee and the 4606dex are certainly pretty good styli,the JICO d1200 is perhaps a little better but for stanton/pickering cartridges I prefer original styli!to day I run with the D-DJ stylus(2.5g vtf) as good than the D625E just lower dynamic: compliance14 for 17(suitable for medium mass...
  9. miles12

not sure! why add 1g if the brush installed?because the weight of the brush(original or not) is approximatly:1g in fact with the two method the VTF on the digital scale(only impartial and unfailing judge) is exactly the same !(in the case of the D350:3.5g=2.5+1g for the brush)
  10. miles12

very stange,because when I put 2g without the brush,set up it and check the vtf with a digital scale:3.10g?:dunno:(xv15,D350,original dustamatic brush)
  11. miles12

I believe that if you set the VTF without the brush and set up it after,you don't have to add an extra gram.....:idea:
  12. miles12

Won myself a Stanton - looking for stylus advice

don't forget the 625 DJ(D-DJ) .3x.7 elleptical,still avaible from different dealers! It's really excellent,very close to the D625E!:music:
  13. miles12

Cart the least important in vinyl replay chain, well according to Linn..

linn K5,K9 etc....seem to be identical to the AT entry level at91/95 ! just rebadged?
  14. miles12

Pickering stylus question

you can find on ebay several original pickering stylus: D350,D150DJ,D625DJ for very good prices!
  15. miles12

Thorens TD 166 Mk1 vs Thorens TD 320?

hello, the td 320 was one of the best thorens turntables just behind the td520! certainly better than the td166. best motor(pabst),,best subplatter,best suspension(easily adjustable from the top,without any dismantling)heavier frame(less resonance)and autostop!and external power supply.that's all!
  16. miles12

Which turntable to my new system

td 165 or higher td160! don't forget lenco L75/78,built as a tank and easy to upgrade! the sl 1200 is also a good choice but at less than 500$ (in europe anyway)this turntable is often very tired(DJuse!)
  17. miles12

Need advice, Thorens guys and gals

the" 300" serie is a very good serie and the ultimate real thorens,just behind the td520/521! the motor(berger) is the best produced by thorens! the heaviest MDF chassis have a very low resonance(more chassis mass). brass bearing have low friction and less rumble. the 3 points suspension with...
  18. miles12

mine have the A of Astatic printed on the left side,original haveD150 drawn on the top and P of Pickering on the front!
  19. miles12

they claimed also their styli were better than originals!:blah::blah::blah:
  20. miles12

sorry but I have read many errors and misinformations in this thread! I will explain:first,the 625E was moving iron( and not mm) like all the XV15 and also the latest DJ cartridges(625DJ and 150DJ) as proof all the styli were replaceables! second:the 750E was not an inferior product to the 625E...
  21. miles12

Average Age Here?

71,but in fact 17 in my mind!:music:
  22. miles12

Need some help identifying a (possibly) Audio Technica cartridge?

funny!perhaps the most popular AT cartridge!:D
  23. miles12

Who Out There Never Gave Up On Vinyl & Turntables?

never,never!since chrismas1961for my fiveteen! my first EPwere runaway(del shannon)and the shadows(apache)!
  24. miles12

Can you identify this Thorens tonearm? (+ cartridge advice)

tp16 mk2 with tp63 headshell.
Back
Top Bottom