Search results

1. Roy Skinner

Reading resistor bands, measured value not adding up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KRd3ADKGTaY7eNQ59
  2. Roy Skinner

Reading resistor bands, measured value not adding up.

According to Delmar's Standard Text Book of Electricity: "A military resistor with a fifth band of white indicates the resistor has solderable leads.".
  3. Roy Skinner

Questions about required test equipment

I just ordered the Fluke from e bay. Thanks for such an informative response.
  4. Roy Skinner

Having read this thread, I am still unclear as to the need for a frequency counter. If I am using an audio frequency signal generator that uses a pointer, how do I know it is accurate, and is exactness that important for tube radios, or SS receivers?
  5. Roy Skinner

What model wire stripper is that? My phone doesn't show it clearly.
  6. Roy Skinner

Grease Notes

Thanks for sharing this article. I remember when I first learned about capacitors and that the dialectric in the capacitor was an insulator. The first thing I thought of was the dialectric grease that I put on spark plugs religiously when doing tune ups. I questioned the wisdom of it right...
  7. Roy Skinner

Please help with transistor equivalents and sourcing

You may enjoy studying Malvino's text book Semiconductor Circuit Approximations. It covers all of this but starts from the very basics. I found it interesting to learn about all these components.
  8. Roy Skinner

T Mobile and and Motorola issue

I switched to prefer cellular a couple of weeks ago. I do not care for prefer VOIP. I read something about that last night. I changed back to prefer VOIP and it seems to have resolved the issue. I will find out tonight.
  9. Roy Skinner

It seems to work fine away from my house. I am wondering about some sort of booster antenna.
  10. Roy Skinner

I have a Moto Z 2 phone and T Mobile service. When I call from my easy chair or even outside my house, I can hear clearly, but can not be heard clearly. This seems to be a problem with my location. My sweetheart does not have any trouble hearing when I call from work. I have not had any issues...
  11. Roy Skinner

Your favorite DIY trick

Yes, pictures please.
  12. Roy Skinner

Mr. Carlson's Super Probe

Sounds like it is time to pony up some money.
  13. Roy Skinner

What would the experts do? 2 Bose 100 wpc Spatial Control receivers, anyway to combine them?

I have been pondering the idea of how to combine my two receivers to work together if possible with a common input signal, turntable, cd player etc. I don't know anything about bridging or combining separate amps like monoblocks. I have just been wondering about it. I have a Harmon Kardon 100...
  14. Roy Skinner

Gutting an old receiver and putting a new amp inside?

Good deal. Welcome to the club.
  15. Roy Skinner

Sansui 4000, 5000A. Power switch.

Thanks Gazzer. I think. I already have the SM. I will check. A friend of mine has the 5000A with a bad switch. It is kept in the on position and utilizes a power strip to power on and off.
  16. Roy Skinner

Skizo, thanks for the information. It always appeared to me that they were twisted to keep them together because they were routed to the same areas. I will have to learn more about that.
  17. Roy Skinner

Sansui 4000, 5000A. Power switch.

Are the power switches in the 4000, and 5000A the same switch?
  18. Roy Skinner

Skizo, you stated that twisting the wires to reduce any potential noise. How does that work please?
  19. Roy Skinner

Dim Bulb Tester (DBT) vs. Variac or variable autotransformer

Gadget, my variac is up to 10 amps. You wrote that you fuse limit your amp to only 2 amps. Why do the electronics makers sell up to 10 amps if only 2 is needed? I just bought 15 amp ammeter to wire in because my variac is 10 amp. Is 10 amp tremendous overkill?
  20. Roy Skinner

Bose 901Series II female clip

Wow, so this was a demonstration speaker then?
  21. Roy Skinner

Bose 901Series II female clip

This clip is only on one of the speakers.
  22. Roy Skinner

Sansui 350A BOM?

Is there a BOM available for resistors, transistors, and caps for the Sansui 350A?
  23. Roy Skinner

Tire speaker

Imagine that. Speaker shaped speakers.
  24. Roy Skinner

Bose 901 Series one driver rattle or bzt?

Dshoaf, Dave, I have a lap top and a blue tooth receiver. Could I download a signal generator program and send the signal to the amplifier that way?
  25. Roy Skinner

Bose 901 Series one driver rattle or bzt?

Is that process conducted with the speaker disconnected from the amplifier?
Back
Top Bottom