Search results

1. Canuck57

Chicago 18: horrible!

What he said! They peaked with their first album!
  2. Canuck57

Which JBL Model are these?

The guy wants $200 obo for the speakers. Considering they have the wrong woofers I'd only want to pay about $75 for them.. (Canadian dollars). Someone will buy them from him not realizing that they're the wrong woofers.
  3. Canuck57

Thanks for pointing that out, I appreciate it. And thanks for all the other comments...think I'll pass on them...
  4. Canuck57

Can anyone identify which model these JBL speakers are? Also please comment on their sound quality. Thanks
  5. Canuck57

Just Bought a Thorens TD-166 MKII

Here's an excerpt from a review of the Grado Black cartridge.. "Channel balance was precise, with both L/R outputs measuring 3.50mV", Not very close to the published Grado specification of 5.0mV! I agree about the looks of the Ortofon cartridges....
  6. Canuck57

Nope, not the phono stage. Same phono stage used (Sansui AU-7900) with Ortofon 2M Red on my DUAL CS5000 & Goldring 1042 on my Rega 3 also tested with Grado Black and Shure M97xe. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202054 Pics
  7. Canuck57

Well I installed the Ortofon 2M Red and it sounds great. The only problem is the design of the 2M is different than other cartridges in terms of installation. It has threaded holes in the cartridge body to accept 2.5 mm screws from the top. The TP63 integrated head shell on the TP11 arm doesn't...
  8. Canuck57

Vintage Radio Shack/Realistic Speakers?

I've been visiting a local thrift shop periodically and have scored 2 pairs of Minimus 7s (Made in Japan) and a pair of Nova 6s (made in Japan). Each pair was under $10 CDN! I'm in the process of refinishing the Novas. They're nice sounding little speakers. I picked up a pair of Mach 1s, the...
  9. Canuck57

The TT came with the original manual, but thanks for offering a copy! I haven't heard about "the Thorens screw issue" can you elaborate? Thanks Brian
  10. Canuck57

I picked up the TT today. The packaging was amazing, it took me forever to unpack the TT. No damage, it's in pristine condition. The cartridge on it is a Grado GT (Stylus GTE+1) The seller said there should be a fair amount of life left on the stylus. It sounds pretty good, just wondering how...
  11. Canuck57

It figures, the courier came today while I was out, will have to wait until I can pick it up tomorrow :tears:
  12. Canuck57

That's great, thank you very much for the information! I'll first check out the Grado that's on it and see if it's one of their higher end cartridges & how it sounds and then I may try the 2M Red. I have a 2M Red on my DUAL CS5000 and I REALLY like it.
  13. Canuck57

Yeah I may be happy with the Grado that's currently on it & may just order a replacement stylus. I'm anxious to see which model of cartridge it is when it arrives.
  14. Canuck57

Here are the specs for the Ortofon 2m Red, any comments from anyone as to its suitability? Ortofon 2M Red Phono Cartridge Specifications: # Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5.5 mV # Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1.5 dB # Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB # Channel separation at 15 kHz...
  15. Canuck57

The seller has excellent feedback, including comments about bullet proof packaging of turntables so I'm pretty confident it will arrive safe & sound. It currently has a Grado cartridge on it, but I'm not sure which model. I have a brand new Ortofon 2M Red I can install, although I'm not...
  16. Canuck57

I just bought a Thorens TD-166 MKII in excellent condition. :banana::banana: It's in transit, I should receive it in a couple days. I'm anxious to compare it to my DUAL CS5000 & Rega P3.
  17. Canuck57

Kids, you ought not leave the records loose on the floor...

I had forgotten all about Tab, and yes it was awful!
  18. Canuck57

Best amp for the La Scala under $500?

I use either a Sansui AU-7900 integrated or VUUM The Amp (13 Watt tube amp) with my La Scalas. Both sound very good, however, the VUUM Amp sounds best. Also, there is more bass with the low wattage VUUM compared to the 75 Watt per channel AU7900. I've also used a Trends TA-10.1 (T amp) and it...
  19. Canuck57

Going to try out La Scalas next week...

Congrats on the La Scalas, I love mine and don't find them harsh at all and I'm very sensitive to bright sounding speakers. I'm sure with some TLC you can make them look pretty darn good...
  20. Canuck57

PL-530 gets a new suit and unintentional rebuild

Beautiful job! I have a PL-530 as well, the previous owner had removed the peeling vinyl wood veneer. How difficult is it to take the TT apart and then re-assemble it? Did you have any prior experience on another TT? I'd like to try it but I'm just wondering how difficult it is.
  21. Canuck57

Timeframe TF 350's

I have a pair and really like the sound quality. Suprising bass response for a 6.5" woofer. A review http://www.audioweb.com/Review/ReviewViewerBottom.asp?reviewid=19646 Here's the specs for them:
  22. Canuck57

Honey, I shrunk the Cornwalls...

I agree Dynaco A25s are great. I bought a pair with cabinets in poor condition. I sanded them and then applied 3 coats of Danish Oil. They came out really nice. I had to replace the speaker cloth, I wish I could find some of the old school cloth for them... I notice you have a VUUM tube amp...
  23. Canuck57

La Scalas or Fortes?

I had both the La Scalas and Fortes, I ended up selling the Fortes as I preferred the La Scala's sound. But the Fortes are very good. Can't go wrong either way! Congrats on the Fortes, they look great! I also have Heresy's & Cornwalls... Gotta love Klipsch! :banana:
  24. Canuck57

Shure v15 type iv cartridge

Ed, it sounds like it was well worth the wait. Good to hear that you're impressed with the sound. As you mentioned it should only get better with a little more break in! :banana:
  25. Canuck57

Shure v15 type iv cartridge

Have you rec'd the JICO yet? I'm anxious to hear from you how it sounds!
Back
Top Bottom