Search results

1. F

Do Transistors/ICs really Degrade/go bad?

like say, P-Channel FET for switching say old J176 etc...and NPN High Gain/Current...MPSA13 Darl, and 2N5210s etc, And opamp ICs etc TLO72/4558 etc...Seen/tested where an opamp will act funny but still work...previous not really/still tested normally I have a bunch of the MPSA13s and 2N5210s and...
  2. F

6F6Gs are very Underrated?

I swear these are very underrated vs the usual very hyped up 6v6 tubes, they just have a way more detailed presentation compared to most 6v6s
  3. F

ID this 6F6G tube...

It says Super Silvertone on the base 5CX code on the base as well, but it looks a little different than the Usual RCA or other manufactures... I'm not sure what the Hell it is?...... A pair of these sound absolutely AMAZING though.... the Detail and harmonic content really jump out at you with...
  4. F

Tung-sol 6550s...

The older ones... the Black-plates, the Solid grey plates and the later 3 holed grey plates.... Did Aliens make those suckers or what?? haha, Those are the ones that really baffle/blow me away the liquid detail/clarity just all over the frequency spectrum and the response/decay is literally...
  5. F

Rola usa screams!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTSmvvPc6c&feature=youtu.be Some say USA ROLA's were not that great well this one just Screams haha
  6. F

80s Rola organ speaker???

Okay so pulled this 12 inch 8 ohm rola speaker out of an old Hammond 123xl transistor Organ I believe from mids 80s, this organ looked like it sat for years hardly used in really good shaped pulled the speaker, its in amazing shape its a ribbed coned ceramic mag and has the whizzer cone in the...
  7. F

Clipping circuits/configuration's?

I Was messing around experimenting with different configuration's symmetrical/asymmetrical etc with silicon diodes most of everyone is use to them I know right? well I played around with some RED LEDs just Wow really like how cleaner they sound yet still more aggressive/forward? they got rid of...
  8. F

6f6

I have some of those later ones the GTs the black-plates etc I think are Sylvania or GEs these damn things really sound wild man, so "airy"/Chimy/sparkle, lowered the amps B+ with resistors from 420v plates/screens to about 360-375v now these suckers really scream just Wow richer/more detail...
  9. F

Cabniet Insulation/dampening Material?

I know this isn't exactly the right area to talk about this...but I was experimenting with some 1" polyester/wool material inside a cabinet and you know its very very interesting how it effected the overall sound and certain tubes the character how they are effected by it same with the speakers...
  10. F

Something about 6v6..

What is it about these old NOS suckers that sound so damn good? haha, after trying and going through so many EL34s and 5881s/6l6s I still find myself always missing the hot-rodded 6v6 sound and that clean magical sparkle/Presence they have nothing sounds like them so Unique why that is I don't know.
  11. F

Backwards/Out of phase haha

Has anyone ever put in a new pickup in a guitar and put it in backwards/out of phase and not realizing it and like what hell?is wrong with my amp haha, start tearing apart the amp to look for something wrong...why the hell is my bass sounding muddy and odd sterileness going on? haha.
  12. F

420v B+ secondary direct BLAST into my Arm....

You know how bad this sucked? haha, I got too close... arm pulled in/grounded out.... I'm standing there convulsing madly for about 15 seconds.. finally let go I fell to the floor almost blacked out couldn't move or talk for like 30-45 minutes holy shit haha I felt that current go up my arm/up...
  13. F

Insulation/Dampening Material inside Cabinets?

Honestly I never thought there was/would be much difference between not having any or some inside a Cab, I put some Fiberglass/Polyester Pieces inside one of my Cabs and Just WOW haha, I like how it mellowed/flattened the sound/more even balanced response too. I wouldn't say dull like some say...
  14. F

Current Production EL34s??

Whats everyones Preference? The SEDs being the best of the best? and for lower budget the JJ E34Ls win out for best price/performance ratio? Or is it all a bunch damn Cork-sniffing snake oil? I Was never much of EL34 user so trying get back into it, I still have some of the old Shuguang EL34As...
  15. F

Current Production EL34s

Whats everyones Preference? The SEDs being the best of the best? and for lower budget the JJ E34Ls win out for best price/performance ratio? Or is it all a bunch damn Cork-sniffing snake oil? I Was never much of EL34 user so trying get back into it, I still have some of the old Shuguang EL34As...
  16. F

Power Transformer acting weird

okay say you have an older power transformer everything tests fine on Primary and secondary Windings, but you have this intermittent scenario with elevated temperatures not real bad but just noticeable, be at idle or under load regardless seen it do it both, loosening up the side case bolts less...
  17. F

Jrc4558dd

The double "D" version is higher gain correct?? I never tried or used them didn't even know about them... I found some of these and Paralleled/stacked on top of TLO72CPs and some just by themselves etc in a certain amp. First impression the TLO72CPs are far cleaner/hi-fi more neutral possibly...
  18. F

Jj e34 l

So is the reliability still kinda hit or miss with these or what?
  19. F

Feedback circuits/Configurations

I suggest most people delve into all this, before jumping into speaker issues,The real truth/key is here. You can't blame speakers entirely, They are only so good at what you give them to work with :)
  20. F

Speakers, the alleged Most vital link....lol

Seriously man, Think of How HUGE the difference in different, output configurations/output transformers/feedback circuits can be even more Vital in my opinion. You cannot just blame it all on speakers....lol
  21. F

King of 6v6/6l6 Tubes

Hey, Whats everyones personal preference on 6v6/6l6? I have/had just about everyone one/type mostly American Stuff RCA/GE/Sylvania/Tung-sol/ CBS/Hytron, But what about the Brimars/popes and Visseaux,are they really that much better you guys think? at least as far harmonic content? Out of all...
Back
Top Bottom