Search results

1. turbid

Beautiful score! JVC RX-701V

very nice JVC. I have heard some JVC (1 cassette and 1 receiver - forgot the models)and I must say I really enjoyed listening to them.
  2. turbid

Mission Accomplished...

a lovely set up, very clean and minimalist in a positive way. the only reservation I have is about the cassette deck sitting on top of the receiver, I think it blocks a lot of ventilation, or maybe its me being paranoid.
  3. turbid

A thanks to my wife

yeah do delete the number. for your and her sanity. too many unpleasant people lurking. as has already been suggested, Just point her to this thread, so she can appreciate that her sacrifice was not for nothing. Very beautiful set you got there. Enjoy them
  4. turbid

Happy Birthday to JOMARK911

have a sansui filled day :beer:
  5. turbid

The color of KINGS ..my new purple Seiko 7002

Atarione that is a very nice Mako USA. Orient have addressed much of the queries of the Mako and XL with a lumed pip on the bezel (like proper divers) and solid end links, and I might guess improved lume. the one on the XL is not very long lasting. I generally prefer Orients to Seikos...
  6. turbid

The color of KINGS ..my new purple Seiko 7002

I m glad you re enjoying it but I really don't like the colour, my dive watch, daily beater is not black.. it has a white dial with an orange bezel :yes: (orient mako xl) I really like watches, but I have way too many hobbies, so for the time being I stopped at 4 watches, 2 citizen eco drives...
  7. turbid

I'm so glad we had this time together......

thank you for the service you provided in helping the other mods keeping this forum running. but even if you left as mod, you still have member duties to do.....posting your knowledge:yes:
  8. turbid

Honda CT125 - any experience with??

the first pic seems like the regulator is toast. you have to renew it, its slides off that rubber housing it is in. maybe you have to renew the sliders as well, but check first. the second pic, the green wire, I believe leads to one of the rear indicators.
  9. turbid

Marantz or Yamaha integrated?

from the little experience I have, in general I tend to prefer the Pioneer brand for bass impact, Yamaha is less coloured. I listened to (not extensively) a Yamaha CR 810 and a CR 2020. I prefered the cr 810. it had stronger bass than the 2020 and the music felt more alive. Sansui have some...
  10. turbid

Sansui AU-X901 input switching problem

jarmusch, you will not see the switch just by popping off the top cover, the DAMS switch is hidden at the back of the amplifier. To my eyes it looks like the switch on my 911 dg, so yes I do believe it is motor driven with a belt and two gears. I may be mistaken of course. the switch is hidden...
  11. turbid

Sansui AU-X901 input switching problem

I think rob is right here. The Au x 901, if it is anything like the Au x 911 that followed, has the DAMS switch. it is driven by a belt and two gears. the belt might be on its way out, so you have to replace the belt AND align the gears. Aligning gears is of utmost importance. it s a big PITA to...
  12. turbid

Scooter Riders?

a 125cc does not weigh less than a 125cc motorbike, the scooter weighs much more. lets take for example a 2015 Yamaha Ybr 125 cc. it weighs 126 kg wet while a 2015 Yamaha xmax 125 cc weighs in at 169 kg wet. I don't get the small tyre debate that has cropped up. there are scooters nowadays...
  13. turbid

The elegant tank of Her Royal Highness!

the car is elegant....for a queen, for me its just a big, ugly, barge.(not Bentleys, they are very beautiful... just this one)
  14. turbid

Ahh...Sweet karma today

lovely, lovely. superb score. enjoy:yes:
  15. turbid

Sanui AU-Alpha907 Limited - IN DA HOUSE!!!

What a MARVEL!! look at that Tamura!!:jawdrop:
  16. turbid

G33000 on ebay

for 14,000 I d rather buy an AUx 1111 MOs vintage than a G33000, just as rare (if not rarer) and maybe better sounding.
  17. turbid

What's your definitive ear candy example of a perfect song?

these are my entries 883- gli anni Rammstein - Engel Edguy- Power and Majesty metallica - Nothing Else Matters
  18. turbid

Anyone here ever listen to Enya?

I used to listen to her more frequently, nowadays not as much. I like especially 'the memory of trees' 'only if' 'the celts' and 'book of days' apart from 'carribean blu' and 'Orinoco flow'.
  19. turbid

New receiver - Philips 784

at home we have a Philips 791reciever. it was made in 1970, so it could be the predecessor or this receiver. it has a very good tuner section and it was complete with shortwave as well, but the amp, especially the phono section, leave a lot to be desired. on the contrary the Philips 591...
  20. turbid

What do I tell him?

As someone said above, KLH was renowned for its speakers, and Marantz for its receivers. This was learned not through experience, but from here Audiokarma. this should indicate that KLH have made some one off amps (probably manufactured by someone else), but their bread and butter were...
  21. turbid

AU-317 or AU-D33?

First of all, congrats on the purchase. it is very nice cosmetically. From the short time I have been involved in this hobby, I have learned that there is no good or bad in music (except when a record is recorded bad or the amp is faulty :D). it s just the tastes that differ. So the au 317...
  22. turbid

How (and when) did you learn to drive ?

i learned somwhere about the age of 15 (got licence at 18). my family always went to the fields on saturdays in my dad's pickup (double cab) when we got past the inhabited zones dad used to pull to the side, and we quickly swap positions, my family never complained about my driving skills, but i...
  23. turbid

Grundig Super-HiFi Box 650, 650b

i never knew grundig did speakers! they look quirky in a nice sort of way (doesn t make a lot of sense i presume) really glad that you like them, they don t look much larger than bookshelves. how would you describe their sonic timbre?
  24. turbid

New First Vintage System Hooked Up!

i like it too, very neat and pleasing to the eye, as well as the ear:yes:
Back
Top Bottom