Search results

1. rs732

Technics SL-B5 Repair Feet

Recently, I picked up a Technics SL-B5 and just finished cleaning and applying new lubricant. Everything works now, but all the feet were broken off because all the rubber nipples disintegrated. Any advice on how to reattach the feet?
  2. rs732

Technics SL-7 Tonearm cord/rope replacement

Made a few attempts to replace the cord but had to give up. I might have to just scrap it for parts. :(
  3. rs732

Adding Mass to Headshell ?!

Anyone have an elegant solution to adding weight to a Headshell? I've heard of people using heavy tape but couldn't find anything useful at my local hardware store. Anyone got an amazon link for tape they used? For the record, I am working with an Ortfon RMG 212 tonearm and it requires 30G's...
  4. rs732

I ordered some dial cord & crimps. Anticipating this might be a challenge but should keep me busy over the holiday break. Thanks for your help.
  5. rs732

Do you recall the diameter & length of the cord? Unfortunately, the original cord on my SL-7 was ripped in 3 parts.
  6. rs732

Has anyone had any success in making or replacing the cord/rope that drives the linear tonearm? This is a common problem on these units and surpised aftermarket replacements are not available.
  7. rs732

Ortofon RMG-212 Tonearm?

I am having difficulties finding a compatible headshell & cart combo that will meet the requirements for this tonearm. I believe the user manual recommends 28G - 35G. However, all my headshells & carts all fall short of this weight. Which SPU model should I be looking at or would it be more...
  8. rs732

Marantz Power Switch Snub Cap

It's just two wires. Do I need to snip the “legs” from the cap or just bend them and feed them through the post. Also, which wire goes on which post?
  9. rs732

Marantz Power Switch Snub Cap

I got replacement power switch & cap but not certain how to solder on the cap. What's the best method? Do I snip the wires and use the excess pieces to make a bridge across the other post?
  10. rs732

Thorens TD-124 Twin Tonearms?

My turntable is just about finished in being restored and want to upgrade the plinth. However, I am debating on getting a plinth to mount two tonearms or just going with a singular mount. I have a SME 3009 & an Ortofon RMG 212 that I want to mount. Anyone, else running two tonearms on their...
  11. rs732

The Amazing Restoration Thread for TWO Thorens TD-124 Turntables

My TD-124 is on the tail end of being restored. I was just about to create a thread about my restoration process and noticed your thread. Most of the TT is DIY friendly however I chose to have the motor professionally rebuilt by STS turntables. The motor can easily be uninstalled/reinstalled...
  12. rs732

The Official Kenwood KD 500/550 and 600/650 Owner's Thread

I ended up attaching the second ground because there was hum when using other headshells. Now, It sounds great.
  13. rs732

I'll give that a read.
  14. rs732

The tonearm still needs some fine-tuning to be absolutely level, but it's getting close. At the moment, I'm having fun trying out a few carts. @Isaac C. thank you for all your help & for recommending this tonearm.
  15. rs732

Marantz SLT-12U Tonearm Balance?

I read the manual before posting, but didn't find much help. I'll take another look at the arm mechanism and try to figure it out.
  16. rs732

Marantz SLT-12U Tonearm Balance?

I got inspired by another thread to finish up some projects that I shelved for way too long. I have two of these turntables. One is the model with a fixed cartridge and the other is the universal model. At the moment, I have one semi-running, but I can't figure out how to properly balance the...
  17. rs732

Keep those hinges maybe you can attach to another dustcover.
  18. rs732

Thanks! I'll add that model to the list. I hope that sells list another one for sale.
  19. rs732

I haven't had any luck on eBay finding a tonearm for my 550. The common recommended arms (grace,bw,mayware) are either rarely listed or I keep getting outbid. Is there any under the radar budget friendly tonearms? I have an SME 3009, but don't want to go down that route on this turntable.
  20. rs732

I recently dug out of my Kenwood 550 out of the garage. It's been on my to-do list for way too long. Since, I'll be home until further notice, I thought I'd fix it up. I just received a replacement badge & slapped it on. Now, I just need to find a tone arm and hopefully find someone to sell...
  21. rs732

Thorens TD124 Circlips & Washers?

I really do enjoy these forums and all the members that are here part of this community. Today in the mail, I received the washers and c-clips. A true gent & a man of his word. I was able to quickly mount the motor. Now,it’s time to pack it up and get it restored.
  22. rs732

Bumping this since I still need sizing details on the C-clips & washers.
  23. rs732

I sent you a PM but did not hear back from you.
  24. rs732

Turntable repair in the Bay Area?

Sertech Audio in San Jose. They've done a handful of repairs for me over the years.
Back
Top Bottom