Search results

1. rs732

Technics SL-B5 Repair Feet

Recently, I picked up a Technics SL-B5 and just finished cleaning and applying new lubricant. Everything works now, but all the feet were broken off because all the rubber nipples disintegrated. Any advice on how to reattach the feet?
  2. rs732

Adding Mass to Headshell ?!

Anyone have an elegant solution to adding weight to a Headshell? I've heard of people using heavy tape but couldn't find anything useful at my local hardware store. Anyone got an amazon link for tape they used? For the record, I am working with an Ortfon RMG 212 tonearm and it requires 30G's...
  3. rs732

Technics SL-7 Tonearm cord/rope replacement

Has anyone had any success in making or replacing the cord/rope that drives the linear tonearm? This is a common problem on these units and surpised aftermarket replacements are not available.
  4. rs732

Ortofon RMG-212 Tonearm?

I am having difficulties finding a compatible headshell & cart combo that will meet the requirements for this tonearm. I believe the user manual recommends 28G - 35G. However, all my headshells & carts all fall short of this weight. Which SPU model should I be looking at or would it be more...
  5. rs732

Marantz Power Switch Snub Cap

I got replacement power switch & cap but not certain how to solder on the cap. What's the best method? Do I snip the wires and use the excess pieces to make a bridge across the other post?
  6. rs732

Thorens TD-124 Twin Tonearms?

My turntable is just about finished in being restored and want to upgrade the plinth. However, I am debating on getting a plinth to mount two tonearms or just going with a singular mount. I have a SME 3009 & an Ortofon RMG 212 that I want to mount. Anyone, else running two tonearms on their...
  7. rs732

Marantz SLT-12U Tonearm Balance?

I got inspired by another thread to finish up some projects that I shelved for way too long. I have two of these turntables. One is the model with a fixed cartridge and the other is the universal model. At the moment, I have one semi-running, but I can't figure out how to properly balance the...
  8. rs732

Thorens TD124 Circlips & Washers?

I just joined the TD124 club. It’s in great cosmetic condition but needs some work. The motor is currently not mounted since its missing the washers & the c-clips. Does anyone know what size the c-clips and washers are? There’s a seller on eBay selling them but they are based in Italy and...
  9. rs732

Marantz Model Twenty Two (lamps?)

I recently, got a model twenty two for practically free. It was in bad shape but now it's running smoothly and it cleaned up really nice. Does anyone know where I can get replacement lamps and how to replace them? The lamps are different from the 22XX models that I am familiar with and there...
  10. rs732

Are Elac Counterweights Interchangeable ???

I found a really clean 750 II for a friend. I cleaned and removed all old grease and added some fresh grease. Everything works fine now except that I just realized the counterweight is missing. I can't seem to find a service manual online,so I can't reference the part number to compare it...
  11. rs732

DIY RGB Cables?

Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this and it's sort of relevant to this sub-forum. I recently found a new old stock CRT TV with an odd RGB 34 Pin input. Apparently,these are great for old gaming consoles,vcr,laserdisc,etc.... I've have some experience making DIY speaker cables but...
  12. rs732

MiniDisc repair?

Anyone knowledgeable on repairing portable minidisc players? I finally found a sony MZ-R5ST (dock station with LCD) and had it shipped from Japan. The photos and description showed the player working. However,I can't get it to play due to a disc error. I tried using different minidisc and...
  13. rs732

Power Supply Replacements?

I found a creek audio headphone amp over the weekend but it's missing the power supply. The back of the amp reads not to use anything other than a Creek Audio power supply. The DC Inlet is 24V 150mA ,wouldn't any other power supply be sufficient? I read that a regulated power supply would...
  14. rs732

Virtuoso v2 AudioTechnica Stylus Replacement?

The stylus on my Virtuoso mysteriously got bent backwards. I'm aware that some Virtuoso users have found this hack of replacing the stylus with an Audio Technica ATN-95 stylus, but that seems like a downgrade? Has anyone replaced their stylus with the Audio Technica ATN-95SA? Does the stylus...
  15. rs732

JBL,Garrard,& Advent Speakers (Restored Photos Inside)

Hello, I thought,that you guys might enjoy these photos of some speakers that I recently finished restoring. If anyone viewed my last thread,the advent large speakers that I did in burnt orange went to a friend. Then, a few days later, I found these JBL L80t3's in the wild for a great price...
  16. rs732

Advent Large Speakers (Restored)

This pair was really beat up when i got them.I should have documented the restoration process. Anyhow, I refinished the cabinets, refoamed the drivers,fresh caps in the crossovers,and reupholstered the grilles in this JBL burnt orange color way. They look & sound great. I can now see why some...
  17. rs732

STK-0029 DARLINGTON Replacements?

I picked up a little SX-580 for a friend and one of the left channel has some distortion. I swapped around the power packs and the problem changed to the right channel. I'll need to order a replacement can anyone pointing me to where I can find a comparable replacement?
  18. rs732

Pioneer PL-600 (silver) HELP removing counter weight.

i need to remove the counter and can't seem to get it off. I sprayed it with some contact cleaner but piece behind the counter weight won't budge. The service manual isn't much help. Anyone have any experience with this particular TT?
  19. rs732

Kenwood KD-550 Tonearm Recommendations

I picked up a KD-550 today at a flea market. It's missing the tonearm,one foot, & the name badge,but the price was too good to pass on. I have too much gear as is so I picked it up more on the intent of giving this to a friend. Is there any other budget friendly tonearm similar to the OEM. I...
  20. rs732

RT-909 Left Channel Issue?

I searched the forums for a similar issues,but I couldn't find a thread with this exact problem. When, I plug in a source (amp>aux>dac>iPhone) the left channel is significantly lower as the source. When,I record and playback the tape the left channel is even lower. I tried a number of things...
  21. rs732

Worst Finds.....

We always hear and boast about our awesome scores,but what are some of the worst finds you ever bought?What are some projects or purchases we should have passed on? Over the years,I've had some great finds,I usually keep the higher end Marantz and JBL scores. However,last winter at a flea...
  22. rs732

Pioneer SX-535 Noisy Transistors?

I recently found a clean sx-535 for cheap. The unit works well however anytime the unit is powered on theres a static noise on the left channel volume or balance has no effect to adjust the static noise. The static happens if i'm using a speakers or headphones. While,searching the forums for...
  23. rs732

Mcintosh MC30 Prices?

Sometimes,I see these being sold individually on ebay for affordable prices $750-850 is this a rare occurrence or does that about right for a decent condition mc30? Is a $1500 budget reasonable for a pair of MC 30's?
  24. rs732

Marantz 1200 vs 240 w/3300

I'm getting to the point where I've heard and owned almost every cult classic marantz receiver from the 22xx series. Recently,I decided to sell off some receivers and explore the world of vintage marantz separate components. I've heard a marantz 1200 and a 240 paired with a 3300. They...
  25. rs732

Pioneer S-X4G ?

I found a pair of S-X4G this weekend. Unfortunately,one of the tweeters is dead. I know these are rarely seen for sale within the US,so I don't think finding a replacement tweeter will happen anytime soon. I can't find any info online about the tweeters. I pulled one out and it's stamped...
Back
Top Bottom