Search results

1. G

AM frequency imaging

I have this Sony STR-AV31 receiver with AM/FM tuner, which is great, until I recently noticed on the AM side of the tuner, there is what is supposedly called "imaging." This means you can hear a station on another station. Like I noticed that 1510 AM is also heard on 610 AM, 1490 is also on 590...
  2. G

Technics SL-Q200 makes very faint static sound

It can be seen inside the 2 holes on either side of the spindle. It’s sandwiched between the circuit board and the metal, and it holds the copper wire in place.
  3. G

I did notice that under the circuit board in the holes there’s this plastic. I’m not sure if it was originally there, but I think that could very well be part of the problem. I’ve even attached an image:
  4. G

I already have.
  5. G

I don’t see any rub marks. That’s why I think it might be something underneath the base. I just don’t know what it could be, unless one of the gears is broken.
  6. G

Bad news. I tried that lube and it didn’t solve the problem. The rubbing sound seems to be coming from the outer end. I’m just so frustrated because I can’t figure out what’s causing it. Do you think I’ll have to disassemble the whole unit? I can’t find anything under the platter that would make...
  7. G

Somehow I don’t think the arm control mechanism is related, because it occurs even when the arm isn’t in use. Even when the turntable isn’t powered on. I feel like the only solution I found was to lubricate the motor/spindle. I’m not sure where else it would be coming from. Also, I took the...
  8. G

The noise is sort of like a static electricity sound, but maybe not exactly. It actually happens several times per rotation, sometimes 2 or 3, but sometimes more than that.
  9. G

Pics of what?? I don’t think there’s much to post pics of. I would be surprised if you couldn’t find pics online.
  10. G

I wonder about that. I partially disassembled the turntable, removed the chassis from the base, and it did it even then. Though the sound does mostly seem to be coming from the back of the turntable, where the arm mechanism would be. I just hope it’s not that complicated, but it sounds like it...
  11. G

I just bought a used Technics SL-Q200 that sounds very nice, but it makes a very faint clicking/static sound coming from the turntable, not the speakers. The sound goes away when the platter is taken off. What do you think it could be?
  12. G

Technics SA-160 memory chip

You know, I have noticed it blinking kind of with the beat a few times, I wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence. I haven't tried putting it in mono yet.
  13. G

The quartz lock indicator is separate, and the stereo light blinks as well. And depending on the signal strength, the signal does degrade.
  14. G

I opened up my receiver but I couldn’t see anything labeled IC 201 or AN7273. Is it behind something? Like what would I have to do to get to it? And maybe FM detector isn’t the right word but sometimes the “quartz lock” indicator will flash even when the signal is strong.
  15. G

Not so much when powered off, but more so when unplugged. I'm not sure what you mean by IC 701. Can I see pics?
  16. G

I have two Technics SA-160 receivers, which seem to have different problems. One of them seems to have a problem with the FM detector, but another one has a problem with the memory chip, or whatever it uses to store the presets. So I’m wondering which is easier to replace. Where are each of...
  17. G

SX-1300 receiver no longer storing stations

I know this thread is almost 10 years old, but I just got a used SX-1300 which has this same problem. Where inside the receiver is this battery located? And would I really have to solder it? I'm not very good at that stuff.
  18. G

Sony STR-VX200 tuner alignment

This has an electronic tuner so it doesn't use any of that stuff. I never even knew that an electronic tuner would have to be aligned. But I have adjusted the red round capacitor that you see and the two orange capacitors near it. Those can actually be a bit touchy, as they usually only work in...
  19. G

I noticed that sometimes the lower end of the AM dial is stronger than the higher end, depending on the position the capacitors are in. Adjusting the antenna does make a difference. The FM does work as it should.
  20. G

I've attached an image of the inside. And I actually did also post this in the Tuner section.
  21. G

Can't somebody help?
  22. G

I just got this nice Sony STR-VX200 receiver off eBay which is in really nice shape. When I first got it, the FM tuning was off by .1 MHz. I opened up the receiver to see if I could fix it myself, and I actually did. I then went to see if the AM section is similar, and it seems much more...
  23. G

I just got this nice Sony STR-VX200 receiver off eBay which is in really nice shape. When I first got it, the FM tuning was off by .1 MHz. I opened up the receiver to see if I could fix it myself, and I actually did. I then went to see if the AM section is similar, and it seems much more...
  24. G

Technics SA-222 emits odor after being on for awhile

I have a Technics SA-222 receiver that I bought on eBay recently that has a nice performance, but sometimes after being on for awhile it produces a noticeable smell that can sometimes be smelled from across the room. Sometimes the smell is there even when the receiver isn't on but is more...
Back
Top Bottom