Search results

1. G

AM frequency imaging

I have this Sony STR-AV31 receiver with AM/FM tuner, which is great, until I recently noticed on the AM side of the tuner, there is what is supposedly called "imaging." This means you can hear a station on another station. Like I noticed that 1510 AM is also heard on 610 AM, 1490 is also on 590...
  2. G

Technics SL-Q200 makes very faint static sound

I just bought a used Technics SL-Q200 that sounds very nice, but it makes a very faint clicking/static sound coming from the turntable, not the speakers. The sound goes away when the platter is taken off. What do you think it could be?
  3. G

Technics SA-160 memory chip

I have two Technics SA-160 receivers, which seem to have different problems. One of them seems to have a problem with the FM detector, but another one has a problem with the memory chip, or whatever it uses to store the presets. So I’m wondering which is easier to replace. Where are each of...
  4. G

Sony STR-VX200 tuner alignment

I just got this nice Sony STR-VX200 receiver off eBay which is in really nice shape. When I first got it, the FM tuning was off by .1 MHz. I opened up the receiver to see if I could fix it myself, and I actually did. I then went to see if the AM section is similar, and it seems much more...
  5. G

Sony STR-VX200 tuner alignment

I just got this nice Sony STR-VX200 receiver off eBay which is in really nice shape. When I first got it, the FM tuning was off by .1 MHz. I opened up the receiver to see if I could fix it myself, and I actually did. I then went to see if the AM section is similar, and it seems much more...
  6. G

Technics SA-222 emits odor after being on for awhile

I have a Technics SA-222 receiver that I bought on eBay recently that has a nice performance, but sometimes after being on for awhile it produces a noticeable smell that can sometimes be smelled from across the room. Sometimes the smell is there even when the receiver isn't on but is more...
  7. G

Scott Receiver/KLH Speakers

Okay so here's my situation. I've had this H.H. Scott 359RS receiver for quite some time now, and I use some KLH Model 23 speakers with it. It was having a problem with the tuner memory, so I bought another receiver off of eBay, a Realistic STA-820 to be exact. I turned the volume way up, and it...
Back
Top Bottom