Search results

1. Redboy

The MICRO-AMP

@tubelectron I really like your project! Nice work on the layout -- it's very tidy. Those transformers are really cool, too! I've built something similar...
  2. Redboy

Happy Birthday Redboy!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! 'twas a great day to celebrate, and it landed on a national holiday this year... Nice to have the day off!
  3. Redboy

Garrard 301 Rimless Ivory Schedule 1/A New Project & Plinth Build

Dang, there's a lot of sexy in that pic!
  4. Redboy

Help choosing/mounting tonearm for Gates CB-77

Hey, you've got a Gates!! :) I found that a Decca ffss tonearm fits fine, but that probably doesn't help you... (from this thread)
  5. Redboy

Vaughn's Sonic Sanctuary

Has it really been 11 years since you built that amp?? Time flies when you're having fun, eh? Hiya Vaughn! It's nice to see you.
  6. Redboy

Garrard 301 Rimless Ivory Schedule 1/A New Project & Plinth Build

Not one, but two Delta 14" bandsaws! :) I have one of similar vintage. Love the old machines! That's an interesting pedestal mount for the one. It seems very practical.
  7. Redboy

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Hiya Tom!! It's good to see you. Man, that is one gorgeous horn!! (and the amp ain't too shabby, either! )
  8. Redboy

I'm turning in my keys.

So long, and thanks for all the fish! Geez Ernie, I hadn't realized it'd been so many years. Where does the time go? We were all having so much fun! I look forward to messin' with you without fear of the banhammer. Or do they let you keep that as a souvenir?
  9. Redboy

Happy Birthday Redboy!

Thanks all! We had amazing weather and a very relaxed day... all I could ask for and a long weekend, to boot! 'twas a good one.
  10. Redboy

Jeremy's SUT

You’re math’s a little off, but yeah… old one! :)
  11. Redboy

I use the mil-spec connectors from Amphenol to make a true umbilical cable... Not easy and not inexpensive, but there is no higher quality.
  12. Redboy

The Knife Thread.....

How ‘bout a Hinderer?
  13. Redboy

The Knife Thread.....

Yep. I carry a few other knives in rotation but this one gets a ton of pocket time. Been considering adding a large sebenza… just because.
  14. Redboy

The Knife Thread.....

Ooh, it’s a good day for one of my favorites, then! Chris Reeve Small Sebenza
  15. Redboy

The Knife Thread.....

Oooh, I bet that chef's knife is sweeeeet!
  16. Redboy

Those look great! Details, please...
  17. Redboy

I finished this little pair of SE EL84 amps recently... It's Kegger's circuit with a 6AU6 driver. The Transcendar output transformers have a UL tap so I can run 'em in triode mode or UL.
  18. Redboy

Happy Birthday Redboy!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, all! Yesterday was a gorgeous day for grilling in MN, and I took full advantage!
  19. Redboy

How about this oddball for my next turntable?? Russco??

Thanks Andy. I do build quite a few SUTs with different vintage input transformers. I enjoy tracking them down and hearing what they can do. I also build the occasional tube amplifier when I get a chance, like the SE46 monos in the video. Yes, my ROK is a T-12H as far as I can tell, with a...
  20. Redboy

I didn't actually bid on it because I already have one. But that almost didn't stop me... I was uncharacteristically disciplined that day. :) Here's mine, as seen in my one-and-only system video (super-craptastic film content within!).
  21. Redboy

There it is! I'm glad to know that one went to a good home. And a good thing too, because I nearly bought it... :)
  22. Redboy

Comparison of the Big Boys? - 2A3, 805, 211, 300B, and the like

Keep searching. The internet forums are full of discussions (like this one!) about SET amps and the pros and cons of directly heated triodes, of which the Type 45, 2A3 and 300B are "the big three" or "the usual suspects." Keep researching and questioning two of your basic...
  23. Redboy

Comment by 'Redboy' in media 'JE Labs/ Angela Instruments SE 2A3 stereo amp under'

Hello @Mordjen! I recently built a new version of this same amplifier, and documented it at Hifi Haven here. The schematic is shown in post #37 Also, you can use the internet wayback machine to search Google archived pages; the original page is here. Good luck!
  24. Redboy

Altec Hollywood 604 Conundrum

Man, oh man. It's great to see this thread again and those old Altec beauties, but you @lofiluther are the King of Conundrums! I don't know the definitive answer to your humidity question but I'm sure those gorgeous drivers deserve museum quality climate control! Many of our best USA audio...
Back
Top Bottom