Search results

1. airIck

HPM-100 Binding Post question

Hi Gang The HPM-100 binding posts have a screw-in, spring-loaded connector to trap the speaker wire. One of mine is "frozen open". I'm hoping it didn't get melted in an overload situation but as the "vinyl" does look a little melted on both of them. The speakers both sound same as ever which is...
  2. airIck

Not sure you'll see this Jay but my searchbot in Ebay spit this out the other day...

Not sure you'll see this Jay but my searchbot in Ebay spit this out the other day: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143087959395?ul_noapp=true
  3. airIck

Fuzzoscity

My beloved Sansui G-7700 has developed some fuzz / distortion that has me feeling sadness. It appears to happen only after the receiver has warmed up and played at a moderately high level for a while. What comes to mind in that scenario? Capacitors? Sort of possibly related: My daughter wanted...
  4. airIck

Hey YLee: I'm in LNK also. What shop did you take your Yammy too for diagnosis?

Hey YLee: I'm in LNK also. What shop did you take your Yammy too for diagnosis?
  5. airIck

Hanging / Flying Speaker DIY Hack

And I do mean "hack". I've been meaning to post this for a long while but keep forgetting. A couple of years ago I needed to get my Drum Room speakers up in the air due to space limitations. As the room is unfinished storage cosmetics weren't a concern and placement wasn't a huge concern...
  6. airIck

2 (yammie) Questions for Sister Sara

First of all- I don't want to create Thread Clutter and post a question that's already been asked... but I can't make the $#@!$!!! Advanced Search tool work for me.... :gigglemad How do I say that I want to look for "Yamaha C-65" EXACTLY and not for any thread on earth that had the term...
  7. airIck

2 Speaker Stand questions

:D Meant to say thanks for the laugh (you are more accurate than you know) and also to let all know the "dampening" and "securing" effort went very well. We are accident free (so far) and they sound great.
  8. airIck

Two Cerwin Questions

Is there a resource for finding part numbers on line for replacement drivers for Cerwin Vega home speakers? I have a pair of "drum room" re-30's (yes I paid almost nothing for them) that have a (what I assume) a destroyed voice coil (they make "click" sounds when powered up). I haven't pulled a...
  9. airIck

2 Speaker Stand questions

Wasn't sure if this goes here or into DIY... mod feel free to relocate. I also assume this topic has been covered but I have such a hard time using the search tool... if someone can enlighten me on how I could have found this subject I'd appreciate it- I hate creating thread clutter. Anyway-...
  10. airIck

E-Bay Pioneer Spec-1 fishiness

Saw this as local to me in CO Entertained the idea of taking a flyer on it and waiting for a deceased unit to come along some day and replace the handles. Well by golly... when the auction was getting close to the end.. and the price wasn't even up to $100 yet... the unit MYSTERIOUSLY got...
  11. airIck

Jbl L56

A few items whilst poking about: 1) a nice deal (if shape is as described) in "the Valley": http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/631435610.html 2) a not as nice deal in Denver: http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/634887490.html (and sidebar- I love it when sellers act like you, the...
  12. airIck

Denver Techs?

Not sure if this is the right forum for the question- but is there a tech or shop in Denver that you Kolorado Kharmites trust? Have some needs and not many skillz.
  13. airIck

Denver CL: JBL 4311's

Not a steal, but look to be approx 70% priced: http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/628967944.html No affiliation.
  14. airIck

Separates Question

Okay mister smarty in the pants... But there is *also* a volume knob. I have Gain and Master Volume. Is Gain akin to "loudness" button a typical receiver (boosting "fullness" at low volumes)? or is more that the big increments are done by "Master Volume" and Gain simply a "smaller...
  15. airIck

Separates Question

Thanks fellers That all makes sense. I haven't found a pre-amp manual yet. What is this "gain" control?
  16. airIck

Separates Question

Okay... don't read this if you're not in a patient mood cuz this is really dumb. Being a receiver guy with his first set of separates I'm unsure on how to make for the sound to go boom for the speakers.... <ahem> The amp (Yamaha M-80) has level knobs from zero to "a whole lot". The...
  17. airIck

Curbside AR9s

"In fact.. I'm the PRESIDENT of that club..." :deal: Ummm.. those were mine. I uh.. live right near you. And.. uh.. see you sometimes when you walk. My wife put those on the curb as a joke.. she's such a crack up... So, anyway.. you'll have to return them. But thing is, I've moved...
  18. airIck

Holy Cow! Yamaha 101M amplifier

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: yer gonna need a bigger boooat Seriously... that's just craziness. It'd be odd to have to hire furniture movers to get your amp down to the basement... but it'd be a very AWESOME kind of odd! There are white whales.. and then there are Nessie's... these are...
  19. airIck

Class A Power Amps with 15 wpc?

what the? :yikes: Quick question from this old thread: how much bloody heat does a BX-1 generate running Class A into the triple digits? Is it safe to say you turn your furnace off for a while?
  20. airIck

Kenwood L-07C Preamp Questions

Well, I once again made an accidental ebay purchase. <sigh>. I need to just stay away from the bid button! I just didn't think it would go less than $75. Anyway, I've been trying to find a preamp for a while. It hasn't arrived yet, but the price was depressed for a couple of reasons- the...
  21. airIck

I think the vintage bug bit me.

receivers I'll hush up after this I promise-but Pioneer is one of those brands that tend to keep a pretty high value. You'll pay more for them but also get more in return should you decide to "reinvest". Other brands to shop that are thought to have a similar build quality and performance...
  22. airIck

I think the vintage bug bit me.

welcome aboard I came down with this sickness in a similar way. I had purchased a late model Pioneer 5.1 channel receiver and one day moved it to HT-only status and pulled the old Marantz 2275 out of storage and hooked it up in the living room for audio. With supposedly fewer watts per...
  23. airIck

H/K Citation 11

Thank you all Seller wants $250 for the set... my initial thought is that the breakdown should look like: Pre-amp = 33% = $82.50 Amp = 67% = $167.50 http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/600621742.html should it be closer to 50/50??
  24. airIck

H/K Citation 11

I'm looking for a modest pre-amp to pair with my recent Yammy M-80 purchase. A cl'er here in Denver is selling an H/K Citation 11 and 12 and has said he'd sell the 11 only. Der Questions: 1) Any idea on bluebook value if it's in good to VG shape? Audiogon doesn't have a listing for any of the...
  25. airIck

Wow. Just when I thought amp prices were a bit depressed...

Another view I personally LOVED LOVED LOVED this auction as I was able to show it to my wife and prove to her that the $300 I recently spent on a VG+ M-80 made me not just frugal but a shrewd master-of-the-world. Now, mine didn't come with the $250 box or the $150 manual so that's something...
Back
Top Bottom