Search results

1. quartersaw

Mc2200 in the House

I wanted a system to run with my Bose 901's, and Bose 18 driver prototypes(?), that have been previously discussed, in these pages. Audio Classics had an Mc2200 that had some cosmetic issues, and needed servicing. I bought the amp for a very, very reasonable price, which included the repair...
  2. quartersaw

Mc2300/2100 Input-Out boards available

I made a purchase on the 'Bay, recently. I bought a pair of very nice quality output boards for my '2100 amps to use as spares. These boards are blank, and will require all components to be installed. I also have his blank 2100/2300 input board. The seller is new in this forum, (Per my...
  3. quartersaw

C31v has a fairly loud Hisssssssssssss.....

Time for some sort of service, for my C31v preamp. The controls are scratchy, and there is a significant Hiss, @ idle. The hiss goes away, when I disconnect the Preamp from the Mc2100, which is surprisingly quiet, since the refurb! Does anyone have any idea, as to how I should proceed? Thanks...
  4. quartersaw

Alleged Grateful Dead Mc2300, on the Bay

I know that a few members here, would be interested in a discussion, about this amp...
  5. quartersaw

Minor (?) problem, with my 2100..

When I turn on one of my Mc2100's, it lets out a fairly loud 'squawk', for a split second, in the right channel. It plays normally, and runs cool, after the fact. I'm just wondering if there might be obvious problem, before I go, and tear it apart, again.
  6. quartersaw

Bob The Tech, repair experience

I just wanted to give a thumbs up, to Bob, @ Bob the Tech Audio. https://bobthetechaudio.com/ My Mc500, has had a long term issue, with high operating temps. (Even @ Idle) Problem cured, and a comprehensive report given to me, regarding the investigation, and solution. (Several components were...
  7. quartersaw

C-35 Preamp-Strange behavior

My two C-35's continue to perform very well, but recently, the numeric volume 'counter' display on one of them, continuously dances between 01, and 10. The volume control works normally, but the display is totally whacked. If I turn the volume to 'zero'. The display remains stationary @ '10'...
  8. quartersaw

Mc2100 question

My Mc2100 suddenly developed a loud hum in one channel, and then suddenly, the fuse blew. Using my Variac, (with 35 volts output from the variac) the amp still overheated the bridge rectifier with the two output cards removed. (Those big diodes were HOT!) I replaced the four large, press fit...
  9. quartersaw

Mc500 head scratcher

I was running my Mc500 system yesterday, and when I am home alone, as I was, I tend to crank it up a bit. Yesterday, the amp suddenly shut down, and was very, very warm to the touch, and it 'smelled' warm. Anyway, I let the amp cool down for a few hours, after that 'oh, shit' moment. I restarted...
  10. quartersaw

Mc2100 problem

I was working in the master bedroom doing some sprucing up today, and I was running my C-39/Mc2100 combo in the background. This particular unit does not see much use, these days, but it still sounds wonderful whenever I fire it up. Not so fast, though. I was up on a ladder, and the '2100 starts...
  11. quartersaw

Mcintosh Bluetooth Transceiver

500 bucks is a bit of scratch, but I'm thinking about it... https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/media-streamers/MB20
  12. quartersaw

Hi Fi Bluetooth?

Does anyone know of a Bluetooth device that would allow me to use the audio files on my computer? There are a number of ten dollar items on the 'Bay that would work, but I suspect :-) they would not meet the standard that I am looking for. I'm running a C-35 into my Mc452. The computer is an...
  13. quartersaw

I wonder if Mcintosh knows about this...

Some Chinese company is doing cheap knock offs of the Mc275. I'd stay far away from this: https://www.yoycart.com/Product/605272443136/?fbclid=IwAR2J-OvmVfdYIxSdEsp_exUNKsYEtMNUPLcI-wFZo_NaqAGZ0tbVCUO2wa4
  14. quartersaw

Mcintosh ML4C speakers

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? I heard a pair back around c.1971, and my 17/18 year old ears were quite impressed. I was frequently trolling the local Mcintosh dealer, when I was a kid. :) I have come across a few pairs online, and suddenly, I just might be willing to do a...
  15. quartersaw

Need a bit of advice

I'm looking for an Oscilloscope, as I have been servicing my own hi-fi, and guitar amps, and I think it's time that I acquire something more than my multimeter, & variac. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
  16. quartersaw

2215 roached amplifier board

I'm fixing a 2215 for a good friend, and I managed to get one channel working nicely after a good cleaning. Upon further inspection, there are several burnt resistors, and the round metal covered transistors on the lower portion of the board appear to be partially melted in the damaged channel...
  17. quartersaw

Question for the group (Mc500 operating temperature)

I finally got around to installing an LED kit for the Mc500. The installation took me half of a day, but was accomplished w/o incident. (Standard filament bulbs are much too dim for the Mc500) Anyway, I have a crappo Harbor Freight laser temp sensor, and both channels EXTERNALLY are in the...
  18. quartersaw

2250b project finished.....Well, not so fast....

I've posted a few threads about this nice 2250b that I've recapped, and fitted with LED's for a friend of mine. it sounds great on FM, and FM is all that I've used since I first disassembled the unit. I decided that I should see how it works in other modes, as I had planned on delivering it to...
  19. quartersaw

Broke the dial string

I declared my bench project 2250B (for a friend) finally finished. However, when I was reassembling, the dial string broke rather easily. :-( Today, I spent half the day using 27 lb. fishing line that looked correct, but a bit on the thin side. It worked, but the dial indicator didn't want to...
  20. quartersaw

Recapping a 2250b. Ran into a serious problem. Please help!

I've been working on this 2250b for a good friend, and I've been proceeding at a glacial pace.(He gave it to me back in August) The amp has had an intermittent loss of power in one channel. I previously replaced the volume control with one of those (Chinese) ALPS pots, thinking this was the...
  21. quartersaw

Moved the Mc452 into the home office....

I recently sold my last Mc2300 to the same gentleman who bought the first one. The Mc452 was finally going upstairs, after a short bi-amp experiment with my Mc500. My wife carefully balanced the Mc452 from above me, as I carried it up the stairs from behind. No complications, thankfully. The...
  22. quartersaw

Bi-amping : Mc452 on top- Mc500 on the bottom

I've procrastinated about moving the Mc-500 upstairs. My Mc2300 is still up there, so there is no sense in leaving the '500 idle. The Mc2300 will be going out the door at some point, but until then, I am really liking this combination, and I could get used to it long term!
  23. quartersaw

Picked up an Mc500

Called Ernie @ Audio Classics today, and bought a 'C1' Mc500 for the home office. I've yet to sell my remaining Mc2300, but I do have a month old verbal commitment from the gentleman who bought the other '2300. Picking the '500 up on Columbus day!...:rockon:
  24. quartersaw

2250B problem

Greetings, I agreed to take a look at a friend's 2250B, which has an intermittent left channel. There are a few problems with that channel, as the 'Loudness' button does not work, (the right channel loudness does work) and the left channel also sounds like the Treble...
  25. quartersaw

Mcintosh remote control repair

IMG_2155 by quartersaw posted Jun 7, 2018 at 8:51 PMIMG_2148 by quartersaw posted Jun 7, 2018 at 8:51 PMIMG_2157 by quartersaw posted Jun 7, 2018 at 8:51 PM My C-39 remote had a few buttons (Particularly the Volume 'up' button) that became nearly impossible to use. I carefully popped the remote...
Back
Top Bottom