Search results

1. E

Help with replacement Potentiometers for DQ-10

Hey Blue Shadow They are working speakers as they are, but I pulled the pots and the insides are melted? Burnt up anyway and certainly not working right. There is no marking of wattage but as you mentioned 25 ohm. I had considered the resistor soldered in place to keep set value but as I won't...
  2. E

Help with replacement Potentiometers for DQ-10

I have a pair of DQ-10's, nice speakers but have not been treated well enough that I want to replace the fried out pots with the $40.00 replacements that Ragnar sells. I don't honestly know enough about the parts to source one myself without a little guidance. Has anyone ever found a good...
  3. E

Need some help with woofers (Dahlquist)

Simply speakers recommended these. I think I will go with them, unless I can find a more direct replacement https://www.simplyspeakers.com/boston-acoustics-style-replacement-woofer-w-1010.html
  4. E

Thank you for the reply. I have worked through Regnar in the past, great guys over there! They dont have anything in stock on their website. I didn't call because last time I did it was an hour long conversation haha. I did not know these were used in the Advents as well. Though it seems the...
  5. E

Hello everyone I recently acquired a pair of very nice Dahlquist DQ30 speakers. However (the story I got from seller) was the surrounds on the woofers had deteriorated so they pulled them and sent them off to someone to be repaired and never received them back. So (for almost free) I got a...
  6. E

Dahlquist DQM-9 speaker trouble

Thank you Swechsler you are completely correct. Right after I wrote the last reply I pulled the insulation out from behind the speaker and seen that it was a small sealed tube that the mid sits in so it would be perfectly normal for the reaction of the speaker to be quite slow. And correct again...
  7. E

Ok, a little update. So I have kept an eye out for anything I could find locally and I ran across a couple pairs just 2 hours from me. He would only sell together but the price was fair and I though that would allow me to fix mine, sell off another pair and part out whats left doing better than...
  8. E

Well I am not getting anything out of Regnar. I would love it if someone could recommend someone for rebuilding these, or somewhere I could get the parts to do it myself. Thanks again guys. That one mid speaker aside, these are so impressive sounding, I am just blown away!
  9. E

Yes the website was Regnar. I thought Dahlquist was gone as well but upon flipping through the page it seemed to be something official. I had kind of figured it may be a voice coil but I have never had one partially seize up, nor seize and still move smooth. I will wait and hear what they have...
  10. E

Hey guys just a quick question for those in the know. I picked up a pair of Dahlquist today at an estate sale after reading rave reviews about them everywhere. I got them home and one of the posts needed re-soldered. and aside from that they sound great except for one of the mids sounds a...
  11. E

Quick technical question regarding my Rotel Pre-amp

Also, if it helps any, it is not really loud. As a matter of fact it is quite similar to the pop from turning off the amp
  12. E

Good call Jerry It reminded me that I was running some DIY but higher end interconnects that I made up from someone else's plans. Unfortunately I swapped them out with 2 other pairs (1 more homemade, and a factory set that came with my pre-amp) and to no avail......the problem is still there I...
  13. E

Thank you, I don't think bringing my huge speakers in is much of an option. But I have been considering bring in the pre-amp and the amps together
  14. E

Hey guys I am having an issue with my Rotel RC-1570 pre-amp. The amp is only a couple years old and the problem has been going on for at least a year if not the whole time. For the first while I only was using 1 input so I never noticed the issue. When you select between the sources it makes a...
  15. E

Strange popping sound through preamp

Thank you, for as little as I understand about it I can actually wrap my head around it at least a little. THe upgrading done to it was a pretty common one with better caps and a few extra caps I believe. It is spoke highly of, bith the phono amp and the upgrade. I am going to run it in to a...
  16. E

Without getting to technical, what does that mean. It is my understanding that the unit was in good working order when shipped (of course that is what they always say)
  17. E

That is correct. I have been hooking the Jasmine up through the Rotel by way of the Aux input. I get a loud popping, louder then normal in everything, turning amps on or off, switching inputs, etc, and the consistent popping while running through the Jasmine.
  18. E

If it helps any, when I first hooked this pre-amp up. I got a little background hum at high decibals. But the sound was outstanding. I was so excited to hear my system sound like this. Then the next day, after leaving it on for 24 hours I am getting this popping. Maybe a cap that is overcharging...
  19. E

Hey guys I am a little miffed right now. And hoping to dip into a few of the tech minds for some assistance. Current setup VPI scout running Ortofon red Quicksilver mini mite tube amps with new JJ tubes (replaced 2 days ago) Rotel RC-1570 Preamp Klipsch Heresy speakers Jasmine phono preamp...
  20. E

another AR 2ax rebuild....But my first speaker project

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys. This post helped along with rebuilding a pair I found recently. I swapped out the tweeters with HiVi tweeters and new caps posted here. New batting and a light clean up and they sound AMAZING!
  21. E

AR guys! Need a little help with a recent AR 2AX score

Is there a write up on this somewhere?
  22. E

GD70, I am curious if you have ever found a way to repair shortened leads. Also I have went ahead and started attempting the repair on these tweeters and will post how it goes as it goes down. I figured I might as well see what I can do while I wait for the replacements to arrive.
  23. E

I believe the idea when they made these was that the 4 foam glue parts were to hold it down and allow for suspension. And the seal all the way around is to keep the dust out while remaining flexible. I am sure it is possible to replicate this, though I will never feel 100% about it. I did try...
  24. E

Thanks guys, vintageAR is buying from shops we can all buy from and selling the gear at around a 50% markup over what he paid for doing no work (other then having better exposure) I dont think I will be taking that route. As far as fixing them myself, I am sure it can be done, will it sound as...
Back
Top Bottom