Search results

1. HarleySG

The largest Klipsch Heritage speaker in a small room?

I have khorns in a 15x26 room on the short wall firing down the long wall. For my ears, I wouldn't want to put them any closer together. Yeah, they'd still sound good, but be severely compromised. But I have heard Fortes in a room similar to yours and they sound great. That would be my...
  2. HarleySG

New Forte III "nerfed"

I had Forte IIIs for a while and I can assure you the quality of craftsmanship of this speaker bodes well for it being passed on for generations.
  3. HarleySG

Klipschorns

I owned the Forte II for a few months and absolutely loved it. Much better to my ears than the earlier versions. But I got a line on a pair of Khorns and had to take the plunge. So I passed the FIIIs on to someone else.
  4. HarleySG

21 year old Klipschhorns

The midrange and tweeter may need new diaphragms, maybe not. But I would look at replacing the xovers even if the caps are still ok. Better performance can be had in the aftermarket. I have a pair of Volti VX xovers and it was a pretty big improvement over the stock AA, even after a cap refresh.
  5. HarleySG

1 More question from the new guy

I had the QS Mid monos and they were a nice match for my Cornscalas. Mike makes a good amp.
  6. HarleySG

New Speaker Day! Klipsch Forte

Congrats on the speakers. They will shine when paired with better electronics and pulled away from the wall. Enjoy!
  7. HarleySG

Holy %$&#!

So you are saying that only objective opinions have a place in an open forum? Seriously? So an opinion about an amplifier sounding better (in an audio forum, no less) is not allowed? Just wanted to make sure I was clear on this one......
  8. HarleySG

Holy %$&#!

Just imagine how good they will sound when you dump the receiver and get a real amp on 'em........ Good times.......
  9. HarleySG

Cornscalas. How good are they?

What's hilarious is how the OP poo pooed cornscalas in a thread last year. They didn't have the pedigree he was looking for........
  10. HarleySG

Cornscalas. How good are they?

Cornscalas are very good.
  11. HarleySG

Best bass and treble levels for jazz and piano

Good source, good amp/preamp, proper speaker placement and you will need no tone controls.
  12. HarleySG

Cornwalls in the house

I agree completely with this. I had ALK crossovers in my Cornscalas and they were a substantial improvement. Highly recommended.
  13. HarleySG

Cornwalls in the house

Bass response isn't always about how close a speaker is to room boundaries. Most of the time it is about getting the speaker and the listening position in a room node that reinforces lower frequencies. Most people make the mistake of thinking they can move the speakers all around the room, but...
  14. HarleySG

Cornwalls in the house

I look forward to hearing your opinion.
  15. HarleySG

Cornwalls in the house

I had mine 6 ft away from the wall, but I have a large room. Against the wall they sound like a good pair of speakers, but somewhat boxy. Into the room they sound more like music. Take your pick.
  16. HarleySG

Cornscala "C" with Yamaha MX800u amp

Skip the Yamaha and go straight to tubes. You can thank me now, or you can thank me later.
  17. HarleySG

Cornwalls in the house

Congrats! Here's a hint. They sound even better when you pull them away from the wall.
  18. HarleySG

Tubes vs vintage SS

You could certainly use the pre out section of your current receiver. But don't discount the importance of a good preamp. This is equally as crucial as the amplifier. I wouldn't recommend doing this for any length of time.
  19. HarleySG

Tubes vs vintage SS

As was said earlier, one should be careful not to judge the sound of a good tube amp by listening to a 40 year old tube receiver or amp. Refurbished or not, these are not indicative of what a good modern design can bring to the table. I frequently hear tales of mushy bass, rolled off highs...
  20. HarleySG

Tubes vs vintage SS

Seriously? Naw, you must be kidding. Surely you bothered to read the query in the OP? Surely you did?
  21. HarleySG

Tubes vs vintage SS

Au contrare, mon frere. But in most situations, tubes do sound better than SS. Not saying the converse can't be true, but it's usually not the case.
  22. HarleySG

ALK xovrs in forte's

Which also robs the speaker of it's vibrancy and lifelike soundstage.
  23. HarleySG

Honky

No, it's time for a pair of ALK xovers......
  24. HarleySG

Honky

I have heard Cornwalls, Heresy, and Forte. None of them were even remotely "honky" when using tube amps and a good front end. So I guess you only come into the Klipsch section of this site when you have something disparging to say about the speakers? Good show.....
  25. HarleySG

Honky

I wouldn't describe the sound of either of those speakers as "honky". But what exactly is your question?
Back
Top Bottom