Search results

1. R

Any owners in East TN

I live in the Athens, TN area and I have been having issues getting my turntable dialed in. I have looked around the area, even looking in Atlanta and not had any luck finding anyone with the equipment and expertise to dial in a setup. No one wants to dial in Azimuth!! and I do not have the...
  2. R

Citation III repair

Who is citation III repair guy equivalent to Terry Dewick on the MR71. I have one that I would like to get up and running.
  3. R

Infinity RS 4.5 Inductor DCR values?

Thanks, but no thanks....
  4. R

Thanks for the info. Still watching EBAY for EMIT's. I do not have original inductors, wish I did. Does anyone know anyone real Knowledgeable on these speakers that would rebuild the crossovers. I just do not have the time these days and would like to get these up and running.
  5. R

In the process of updating the crossover and was wondering if anyone has any of the DCR values for the Inductors that was used in the crossover? Any info would be greatly appreciated? Also I need to replace a couple EMITS used on this speaker and according to the info I can find this speaker...
  6. R

RS 4.5 Crossover schematic

Which one is the latest REV? Is this it? http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/RS_4.5_technical_sheet.pdf
  7. R

PICS of my favorite Infinity.

Got to listen to an ICON this weekend. All I can say these are better than everything I have read.
  8. R

Infinity Polydome update PIC

I have not installed them yet. I have to go pick them up. Bill was kind enough to send me some pics. Regarding pricing, $55 each
  9. R

Graz EMIM opinions?

Thanks for the info. I was doing some research and I was told that some people put their old Infinity EMIM's back in because they did not like the Graz ones? I guess you will get differing opinions. My EMIM's appear to be in really good shape and I was debating a magnet upgrade vs the Graz...
  10. R

Infinity Polydome update PIC

I sent my Kappa Polydomes to Miller sound to be redone and got a piece of art back!
  11. R

Graz EMIM opinions?

Needing to replace some EMIM's and wanted to see if I could get some feedback on the Graz units. Any direct comparison between the Infinity unit and the Graz unit would appreciated. Thanks Rob
  12. R

RS 4.5's vs QLS1

I have a perfect pair of QLS 1's that sound great and do a little bit of everything well. I was not looking for set of RS 4.5's but have stumbled across a pair that are Perfect cosmetically. Have not listened to them yet due to the distance. My question are these a significant step up in...
  13. R

Kappa Polydome revisited

Just got my polydome that I bought on ebay. As you can see from pic I was not happy. As soon as I pressed on it, it separated with very little force. Ebay is always a crap shoot. Well do I send it to Michael Marks for repair or just buy a pair from Orange county...
  14. R

Infinity QLS1 Mid Dome repair and wiring?

Thanks. I would like to know for sure on the mids? One other thing I noticed is the wiring they used for the Emits and mid domes is a very thin gauge. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to upgrade it?
  15. R

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of any other better information that shows how the dome midranges and Emitts are supposed to be wired? This does not cut it. http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Quantum_Line_Source_1_technical_sheet.pdf
  16. R

Well after taking a closer look at the bottom two midranges, the bottom two are in series, so that leads me to believe the wiring for the six mid domes is two in series and the groups of two are in parallel?
  17. R

Tonight I noticed the two bottom Mid Domes were not working and pulled them. One is the AUDAX replacement and the other is the peerless. Well the peerless was open and the Audax tested good. My question is how is the Mid domes wired? Will the loss of one take out another one? When I look at...
  18. R

Kappa 9 power

Ending up buying a Pass Labs X-250 to power them. Will keep everyone posted on how it works out.
  19. R

Kappa 9 power

Just bought a nice pair of Kappa 9's and I need to power them with a descent amp that will bring out their best. Here are a couple I am looking at and would welcome some opinions. I do not plan to biamp so I will need a solid amp with plenty of reserve. It would be nice to get a solid state...
  20. R

Amp Recommendation

This past weekend I purchased some Infinity QLS-1 Speakers and the gentlemen I bought them from was powering them with a Krell KSA-250. I was impressed, how the Krell drove those speakers. Most of my amps are tube and I would like to get me a keeper used well thought of class A solid state amp...
  21. R

Infinity QLS 1, Krell KSA-250, AR SP-3 preamp, and Citation II

I am posting this hoping get some feedback from others and hopefully share some knowledge I gained this past weekend. Last year I purchased a nice set of Infinity QLS-1's from a friend in Indianapolis and this past weekend I got to go listen to them and bring them home to TN...
  22. R

Speaker cloth

I need to recover a pair of Dunalvy SC-IV's and each will require a piece measuring 72" x 14". Having trouble finding a high quality fabric that will work. The height is killing me and will require buying a lot of waste. Hoping someone has some ideas. Definitely want a very durable fabric...
  23. R

RS 1B's

Thanks!
  24. R

RS 1B's

I should have these New Years. I will post pics once I get them home. I have been reading about them and many people love them but as anything there are shortcomings in their original design. Has anyone here upgraded the Servo control unit / crossovers?
Back
Top Bottom