Search results

1. drasp

AU-9500 diag question & Florida tech recommendation request

Haven't been on the forum much in recent years. My long-time "end game" amp, a very clean AU-9500 had been fully re-capped & serviced by an AK member who used to be local to me and following this work it played very nicely for ~6yrs before developing an intermittent noise in one channel...
  2. drasp

Sansui Crisis of Faith - Emotional Support Needed. . .

I've had my AU-9500 & TU-9500 combo for several years now. They literally stopped my compulsion to hunt for cool old 70's audio gear for at least the last ~5yrs. I've spent a LOT of $$$ on having them gone through - not just a basic re-cap, when some of the transistors started to become noisy...
  3. drasp

661 in for repairs, G-2000 as temp replacement?

My trusty 661 just went down and is in the shop for at least a couple weeks. Can't go that long w/o tunes. Found a G-2000 in nice shape local, not a steal, but not terrible, and it looks really clean. . . Anyone have experience with these entry level G series 'Suis? Just need something to...
  4. drasp

"Restoring the glow" on oiled walnut Quartets

I've always had great luck with Feed 'n Wax on my Klipsch speakers, but it just doesn't seem to be giving the results I'm used to on the Quartets I snagged a few months back. The veneers themselves are in VERY good shape, just a bit dry from being stored for most of their lives (arrived in the...
  5. drasp

Ultimate Filter Caps for AU-9500?

SO, its really too late for me to be asking this, as I've just gotten my '9500 back from the excellent AKer embrown057, and it sounds PHENOMENAL. It had been partially restored by the previous owner's tech, but not fully re-capped, and a lot of important little things were left undone. One...
  6. drasp

What FM antenna are you using!?

Just dropped some pretty serious coin on having my Sansui TU-9500 restored & aligned. Its fabulous. Nicest FM I've ever listened to. Now I want a decent antenna. Using a cheap dipole right now, have also tried just plugging in my rooftop TV antenna, but was told the Dynalab ST-2/Metz SS-8 is...
  7. drasp

Any experience with Monoprice 4x1 HDMI switch?

The Kinivo switches seem to be held in higher regard here, but they lack TOSLINK out, something I was really hoping to add to my system. . . has anyone spent any time with the Monoprice 7974? (Click *HERE* for info/specs/etc) Basically, I use several HDMI sources into an older Sony TV & I'd...
  8. drasp

Sansui tech in Tampa/St. Pete?

I'm officially throwing in the towel on trying to diag/repair my TU-9500's failed FM power supply & would like to take it to someone who has experience w/ old Sansui gear & does pretty work. Here is my original thread for the '9500: *CLICK* bktheking does an excellent job of trying to hold my...
  9. drasp

Thoughts on tweaking the ALK Forte II XOs for Quartets. . .?

I recently snagged a pair of minty walnut Quartets (original boxes, original owner, sequential serial #s, etc.) & I'm absolutely loving them. Was originally looking for Fortes, but was concerned about fitting them into my small living room, so when the opportunity to snag the Quartets presented...
  10. drasp

Tips for getting the most from JBL 120Tis/retraining my ears?

Started this thread to continue a line of questioning from a different forum section. ;) I recently had the good fortune to score a set of very clean JBL 120Tis. I'd never owned a pair of JBLs before, but was curious, especially to hear a pair known for being more on the accurate end of the...
  11. drasp

JBL 120Ti Value?

Pair in excellent shape. No damage, original drivers, sound lovely. Previous owner had woofer professionally re-foamed. Teak has the most gorgeous flame in the grain, wish I liked them better than my Klipschs, they'd be lifetime keepers!!! Obviously, looking at the market for Ti series...
  12. drasp

Klipsch or JBL for AU-9500?

I've been using a pair of KG3.2 w/ Crites diaphragms for the last ~6mos., powered by a pristine rebuilt AU-9500 & I'm pretty darned happy with them, especially given that they were free (the speakers). I tried a pair of Quartets in the same setup, but felt they were too large for the room & too...
  13. drasp

Snagged a TU-9500 to go w/ my AU-9500!!! (help w/ FM output?)

Found this one locally. Shop had an AU-9500/TU-9500 combo w/ all original sales literature, taken in trade from the original owner when he updated his system. I didn't have the $$$ to snag the tuner when I found it, but wanted to BADLY as I recently picked up a gorgeous AU-9500 (see thread...
  14. drasp

NAD: Sansui AU-9500 CL Score

SO, not sure if paying ~$500 & driving ~1.5hrs round trip counts as a SCORE, but I'm certainly enjoying the amp. . . :banana: Actually NOT my NAD (new amp day), but I grabbed it last Sunday before heading out of town for a week. The owner had THREE AU-9500 on the premises (so I guess this...
  15. drasp

Help diagnosing Carver CM-1090 that won't power on?

Had a very nearby lightening strike about a year back, took out a LOT of sensitive electronics (HDTV, AppleTV, A/C controller, etc.) and also took out my old Carver CM-1090, and amp I've had since the late '90s and still love the sound of. . . I've taken a look inside a few times and can't spot...
  16. drasp

Anyone have a Mouser job saved for an AU-717!?

Forgive me if my search-fu failed. Looking for a Mouser job to do a full recap & freshen-up on my AU-717. . . Would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, of course!!!
  17. drasp

*sigh*. . .AU-717 Protection Problems.

Was listening at low volumes last night and thought I heard a bit of clipping weirdness, but then couldn't duplicate it, figured it was nothing. About 30min later, while eating diner, no sound. Looked over & saw the protection LED blinking. NO!!! Went through several power cycles, switched...
  18. drasp

Anyone heard of W.H.D. Speakers from Germany?

Set of bookshelf speakers for sale locally. Look interesting. Google & forum search turned up nothing, probably due to the weird/short name. Anyone know them?
Back
Top Bottom