Search results

1. hogwylde09

MC 2505-2 right channel distortion

I don’t know which version of 2505 you have. The one I had been working on 2505-2 AT1657. Found it normal to have higher energy voltage retained in the position rail supply one cap. Careful because you can trace, follow it back through the rectified power supply. Also could find that same...
  2. hogwylde09

RIP Terry DeWick

Very sad news. RIP Terry. I still have the box I shipped my C-20 for him to do a checkup. Came back with kitty cat stickers. Frequency response and performance chart graphs.
  3. hogwylde09

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Jacob’s Dream Alison Krauss Yamamoto a08-s Klipsch CF3
  4. hogwylde09

McIntosh MC2505-2

5. hogwylde09

Another thread about custom wood cases from Asaalah

Was fortunate to have just one Asaalah cab made for my HH Scott 130. Sad to hear of his passing.
  6. hogwylde09

Stromberg Carlson console ID

If I can get the seller to get back in touch, It’s well worth the asking price. Especially if plate and cathode voltages are low enough for plane Jane EL84, 6BQ5’s. May have some nice speakers in it as well. Don’t mind keeping it all intact. It is stated as working. I like the black face.
  7. hogwylde09

Stromberg Carlson console ID

Just ran across the thing. Have my Dr. appointment in the same city today. Need to get on the hwy soon. Any ideas what this is?
  8. hogwylde09

Klipsch Epic Owners?

Streaming Amazon HD music. PC>Arcam irDac> Yamamoto A-08S 45 SET> CF3. Gets pretty close to PWK’s theory. 2 watts of near field listening, in the kitchen/dining area. Intimate and accurate. Working on getting appropriate risers. Notice the Fisher 70-A pair> Audio Research SP-3> CF4. Not...
  9. hogwylde09

Does this look like factory handiwork?

Trying to do too many things at once. Between trying to round up an order for the new McIntosh MC-2125 I get to call my own and part timing the MC-500. I was using handheld BK Precision 879 LCR meter. Got a chance to remove those fried pre-drivers. Knowing full well I should have already done...
  10. hogwylde09

That’s what I was thinking as well after staring at the schematic. Usually the heavy lines are in the signal path. Should I do the other side with mica as well?
  11. hogwylde09

Coffee kicking in hey hey now. I’ve come up with something thanks to @milo63
  12. hogwylde09

Best I can do. The hunt for “box” type film has been exhaustive. Maybe one channel won’t sound different from the other.
  13. hogwylde09

These 150pF don’t seem to be good. I’ve found a couple dipped mica in 500 volt in my parts bin. Are these for the feedback network? Any hard set rules against using them as replacements for the WIMA?
  14. hogwylde09

MC-2125

Could not pass on this one for the price ! Speaker switch is on which is a good thing. Needs a new one, power switch has that horrible feeling not long before it’s going to break. The glass is not so bad after all, nothing I can’t live without. Meter gels will need attention. I intend to do a...
  15. hogwylde09

MC-2125

While I was busy doing not much of anything, I did a Google search. The Lee 117 is available from a few different vendors. Mucho Gracious for the sample offer Dan, but still trying to decide. The MC-7150 with the known meter brown out vs the 2125. Other than a few pictures the seller sent...
  16. hogwylde09

MC-2125

I need to place an order to Dave for a Marantz project. He’s my lighting go-to. Now what is Lee 117? Is this something commonly available?
  17. hogwylde09

MC-2125

I pulled the speaker switch apart on a 2505 recently. Scraped the corrosion from years of “treatment” chemical. Performs great now. The power switch might be a bit more arc’d over. Might be worth a shot. Or just leave well enough alone. Your method seems to be working. I’d be interested in...
  18. hogwylde09

MC-2125

I’m possibly looking to get one if it’s still available, only things that concern me is glass. Not cracked, just the normal bubbling. That shouldn’t be an issue. Secondly seller says speaker switch is frozen. Again, might be fixable, or swap it with the power switch, then get the new power...
  19. hogwylde09

10-4, in my cart now
  20. hogwylde09

These are supposedly McIntosh parts. @tarior what say you? Again thanks for the help!
  21. hogwylde09

Thanks @tarior. And everyone else that has helped me along on this awesome forum. Without the great folk here on Audiokarma I wouldn’t have gotten this far. There’s a seller ceitron, I believe he’s an honest source for obsolete parts. He has just a few left of the pre drivers. Also was just...
  22. hogwylde09

Well the owner seems to think so too ^^^^ with what y’all said. I can find the 40 TO-3’s. Having not so much luck with the MJ15020/21 however. And still not positive about the 2sc3790/2sa1480 subs. I repair cars for a living, this is just a hobby that kinda, well word got around…
  23. hogwylde09

Yes, I was curious and already had looked at your avatar. You know how poor resolution is for that.. here’s this one
  24. hogwylde09

dinov, what is the gold edition? Has it had work performed? Since I only posted the output heat sinks, the only thing I can think of is your amp has the original output transistors?
Back
Top Bottom