Search results

1. HypnoCoosh

Snell E vs Snell E.5

Hey guys, So I have an opportunity to pick up some Snell E.5 speakers but I would be swapping out my Snell E speakers for this specific set-up..... Thoughts? I can't find much info on the E.5 speakers but I'm thinking they might not compete with the Type E.... Anyone have experience with...
  2. HypnoCoosh

Sansui AU-719 Mint condition for $400.... Deal or no?

Topic says it all. I have an opportunity to pick up an AU-719 for $400 locally in mint condition. Thoughts?
  3. HypnoCoosh

LUXMAN 5L15 not powering on for $300???

Looks like a nice clean unit but based on what I can find about LUXMAN units with power issues this might not be an easy fix. I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to try and buy and fix this guy. Obviously a nice unit if working....
  4. HypnoCoosh

It's ALIVE!!!!!! So I pulled open my CR-2020 for a DeoxIT clean/lube and....

Found a leaky cap on the power supply board. I spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning and lubing her up and order some replacement caps off Amazon. Replaced the caps today and put it all back together and all I can say is.... HOLY $%^@!!!!! How long had I been listening to her at sub...
  5. HypnoCoosh

Any of these amps worth looking at?

I'm speaker heavy at the moment and needing at least one more amp for some Canton Karat 20's I bought. Maybe even some Snell QBx 20's I bought. Opinions on these guys? Deion 4306 AV receiver (bad HDMI) w/remote.......140.00 Denon AVC 3030...
  6. HypnoCoosh

Electro-Voice EV-15 re-foam or a waste of time?

Hey guys, I bought some Snell Type M's and Canton Karat 20's off a guy this weekend and he gave me some EV-15's that are in amazing condition for their age but they need foams. Is it worth re-foaming these and finding a home for them or is it just a lost cause? I literally have no need for...
  7. HypnoCoosh

Re-foaming drivers... How difficult is this?

Hey guys, I purchased some Snell Type M's and Canton Karat 20's this weekend and the guy had a set of "Electro-voice EV-15" speakers in outstanding condition for their age. However they need new foams on the 10" drivers. I don't need the speakers but told him I would try to fix them and maybe...
  8. HypnoCoosh

Can someone verify these specs will work together (speakers/amp)

Hey guys can someone verify these would be a good match? Also, I'm open to some education on why or why not. Thank you :) Speakers: Frequency Response: (±3dB)65Hz–20kHz, -6dB @ 55Hz Recommended Amplifier Power: 15–150 watts (above 80Hz) Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms Sensitivity (2.83v at...
  9. HypnoCoosh

Well the time has come, my secondary system lost a set of my main speakers

So my ADC 404's are being retired, (they are just old, tired and not working right) on my secondary system. Which in-turn opens up the "what do I do now" question. The system is really just a hodgepodge of "sentimental" stuff and equipment I've acquired over the years. It made a nice talking...
  10. HypnoCoosh

That moment when your system is everything it's supposed to be... Everything it's meant to be.

All your hard work, your research, your ****-ups, your money... But it doesn't matter because you achieved something only the dedicated experience. *raises beer* to all the crazies dat know these feels.
  11. HypnoCoosh

So I'm a loser and accidentally tore my Snell Type E II cone. Please help

Wanted to refoam them and taking the speaker out it fell and broke both wires off and ripped the paper cone. I guess I need new drivers. Sucks I just bought $70 custom foams that I won't get to use now. So how do I buy 8" 4 ohm drivers to make my speakers work again. I'm devastated. First...
  12. HypnoCoosh

How to determine how hard you can drive speakers....

Hey guys, So if you seen my other thread you know I'm looking into re-foaming my drivers. But what I failed to say was I decided to do this because I'm having distortion or "fade-out" of the drivers when I'm playing loud music. However it never came to mind that maybe my receiver is too...
  13. HypnoCoosh

Hello SMAC - I'm in South Lyon Mi - Any local speaker repair places?

I want to get my Snell Type E II speakers re-foamed and don;t want to risk messing them up myself. Thanks!
  14. HypnoCoosh

Snell Type E II - re-cone speakers or get new drivers? Please advise :)

Hey guys I have a set of Snell Type E II speakers I'm driving with a Yamaha CR-2020. I'm guessing the speakers need to be re-foamed. Is it worth getting something like this to re-foamed them...
  15. HypnoCoosh

Vintage Nakamichi OMS-1A CD Player BRAND NEW IN BOX!!

How much is to much for this piece? Guy will ship for $250...
  16. HypnoCoosh

Vintage Nakamichi OMS-1A CD Player BRAND NEW IN BOX!!

How much would be too much? He is asking $250 shipped on eBay. This would be a nice piece for my setup...
  17. HypnoCoosh

Looking for car audio advice on crossovers

I need crossovers for my new setup however I’m not sure what I need. The crossovers will be used on the rear speakers behind the driver and passenger, they are two "CDT M6+ drivers" and two "2-way 4x6" speakers. What crossovers can I get that will allow the CDT's to hit the lows as...
  18. HypnoCoosh

CX-2 \ MX-1 or a CR-2020 pricing??

How much would somehting like this go for? I'm going to demo some Snell EII speakers and he said he has a CX-2 \ MX-1 set-up or a CR-2020. What is the most I should pay for these items in your opinion?
  19. HypnoCoosh

Opinion on CX-2 \ MX-1 or CR-2020 pricing

How much would somehting like this go for? I'm going to demo some Snell EII speakers and he said he has a CX-2 \ MX-1 set-up or a CR-2020. What is the most I should pay for these items in your opinion?
  20. HypnoCoosh

Speaker dudes I need some schooling

Hello all! I'm moving into a new house in a few months and will finally have room for a stereo upgrade. I've been surviving on an old Bose 321 system with Music Hall MMF-5 TT and Lehmann Black Cube pre-amp. I want to spend about $500-600 on a set of used speakers off CL but honestly...
  21. HypnoCoosh

Needle Ground Clearance Questions

Hello, I have a Music Hall MMF 5 with a Goldring 1022gx. I've been noticing lately the first track on albums is difficult to make needle contact because the outer edge of the record hits the cart. That said, what other carts offer better needle ground clearance if I was to buy a second...
  22. HypnoCoosh

Paradigm Monitor 5 Speakers

Hey guys I'm looking for to upgrade my system starting with some new speakers. I found a super clean pair of Paradigm Monitor 5 Speakers for $175.00 locally. Would these be good speakers for listening to vinyl? Any feedback is appreciated I'm upgrading from a Bose 321 system. Still not...
  23. HypnoCoosh

Paradigm Monitor 5 Speakers

Hey guys I'm looking for to upgrade my system starting with some new speakers. I found a super clean pair of Paradigm Monitor 5 Speakers for $175.00 locally. Would these be good speakers for listening to vinyl? Any feedback is appreciated I'm upgrading from a Bose 321 system. Still not...
  24. HypnoCoosh

Noob with Questions! Need advice on what to do next...

Hello everyone I'm a noob with about 1.5-2 years vinyl experience now. I'm pretty new to the game but I'm 100% addicted to vinyl! Current Setup (Please don't laugh): Musichall MMF 5 Goldring 1022GX Cart Lehmann Black Cube phone pre-amp Bose 321 Series 1 I'm desperately ready to upgrade...
Back
Top Bottom