Search results

1. Quadman2

Make A Sentence From 5 Letters

Small men always lack length! F-A-B-L-E Q
  2. Quadman2

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

You won't hk, but there will be others to follow... who will enjoy your choice of today's book. Q
  3. Quadman2

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Morning. Too early to share the "good" yet. Getting over Saint Patty's Day! Drank with the Crew, and kept up with the boys, even though only a 1/3 Irish. Played cards we did. I lost! :-( Great to hear the Gaelic in the background.:music: Wished they played more on the air waves. Winter's...
  4. Quadman2

Good plan to wait, consider, then decide. "Dept of pocket" might be a deciding factor, esp if new into this listening hobby. Don't be shy in asking bout anything tech or wanting to know. And...don't forget to include (if you have one), SO=sig other on your choice. :bigok: Q
  5. Quadman2

Welcome to the AK Crew. Curious as to what your source of sound will be...vinyl/tape/TT or streaming? New/integrated new/vintage? Price range? Q
  6. Quadman2

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Thanks for that input, J. :trebon: Didn't consider proximity...just the two isolated cultures. In some northern states they still accept the Canuck dollar...but no loonies/toonies. I can be a bit thick at times. Q
  7. Quadman2

Vinyl or Shellac?

If I remember correctly from a past reading, I think they stopped sometime in the mid 50's using that material, so there might be a chance it was shellac, so it does support what others have shared. Q
  8. Quadman2

Curious...as to how? Other than "hockey". :-) Q
  9. Quadman2

The Word Association Game

Lyme (disease) I've had the "Red Bullet". Q
  10. Quadman2

best Bluetooth for the home receiver?

Probably, esp if set-up is to be used mainly for speech. Was thinking if music might be used down the road as well. Q
  11. Quadman2

best Bluetooth for the home receiver?

Keep in mind what ever route you decide to take, try for the highest BT codec (5.0+) on BOTH sides for the transmission of data. Q
  12. Quadman2

what im starting with

Sorry... you will never obtain a "perfect sound quality". Perfection is a subjective term that lies within the person deciding what is best for them. There's been many a discussion on this topic on AK, br. Still interested in wherein you obtained this POV on the two types of audio gear. Q
  13. Quadman2

The Word Association Game

Skewer Q
  14. Quadman2

what im starting with

That's a pretty broad sweeping statement of "don't produce as well as Int Amps", as some like the Yamaha "Aventage" line have the ability to produce adequate amplitude. Where did you read about "A/V designs not producing decent results"? Curious. Q
  15. Quadman2

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

Just noticed in our region, that there a lot less places to put an animal if you are going to be away for a week or so. Not sure of the cat situation to lodge them these days, but places to leave a dog seem kinda hard to find. Others have mentioned this as well when out for a walk with fido...
  16. Quadman2

Two words say it:

Frozen estate. Q
  17. Quadman2

what im starting with

Welcome to the AK site, br. Did a couple of look-see's into your "Onkyo 656", and both thought it was more than able to produce good sound, albeit it is more designed for A/V application. Onkyo is a solid build, with adequate watts (RMS). Only some reviewers felt that the "sink" of sheet metal...
  18. Quadman2

Haiku

3 of the 5 senses, and multiple of figures-of-speech used in your Tanka. A flow of consciousness :idea: shared? Q
  19. Quadman2

It pays to recycle

Interesting family the "Sugdens". Some of the family have been in manufacturing since 1869 (industrial clothing and such). And started up electronic gear in 1960, with sound gear in the later '60's. Guess the first amps out of the "chute" were to deal with "cross-over distortion", which ended...
  20. Quadman2

Did you have a part in "Young Frankie"...or did Mr. Mod's photo choice jar your memory of it? Curious. Q
  21. Quadman2

I really wonder...how many people walk their talk? Or is life; all one BIG lie? Q
  22. Quadman2

What was the last movie you watched?

You pretty much "nailed it", P. Your last three words say it all...without mentioning; specific names. Q
  23. Quadman2

:rflmao: Bang on, Mr. Mod. Q
  24. Quadman2

Caffeine.

Great close-up photo! Write up wasn't bad either! :thumbsup: Great shares this day, eh? Q
  25. Quadman2

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

By now Johnn7, you have had more than enough data/input to deal with. AK is as deep as it is, high & wide. As others have professed, it's more of a Community of audio-types, who either enjoy good sound, or what creates it. Or BOTH. From what I have read, and experienced on some of the...
Back
Top Bottom