One more addition:
  2. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

3. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Corrected schematic. C2 was backwards.
  4. ncwalz

Marantz 2275 rebuild

Very nice work. I'm following your thread with great interest.\ I've just started to try to create some PCB boards for my Fisher tube receivers and have been using EasyEDA after finding some YouTube tutorials. I've been able to convert Gerber files exported from EasyEDA to KiCad PCB files so I...
  5. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

STF11N50M2 is also mentioned in the forum threads as a replacement for STF10NK50Z. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/improving-the-fisher-400.511867/page-16#post-9405537
  6. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Thanks Gordon. I'll make a note of that MOSFET replacement
  7. ncwalz

Fisher 800C renovation

What was wrong with the transformer?
  8. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Schematic revised to include all corrections and suggestions to date
  9. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Thanks Steve. The 100K pot looks like it would simplify things for all the models I've listed. I'll add it as an option on the next schematic revision.
  10. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Thanks Steve and gadget. Schematic above has been corrected. Why are the dumbest mistakes the hardest to find?
  11. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

Already found one error: "GND: to output tube screen grid only" should read "GND: to ground" Corrected in schematic above.
  12. ncwalz

Fisher EFB thread

I've been trying to understand better Dave's EFB and what component values need to be changed to modify the board for each particular Fisher receiver. I came up with this schematic which contains the modifications Dave has listed in the forums as I understand them. I've listed component values...
  13. ncwalz

EFB board for 500/800B

I've been thinking about adding an EFB board to my 500B and 800B. I've read what I could find on search; specifically here: https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/improving-a-fisher-500b-power-amp-section-%E2%80%93-advice.624392/page-5 Dave Gillespie provides the modifications...
  14. ncwalz

What is the best 70s Marantz receiver?

I have my 2275 driving my New Large Advents. I liked them when I purchased them new while in university, and they suit me fine now. I have a pair of second generation Klipsch Heresies which I like use with my Fisher tube receivers.
  15. ncwalz

What is the best 70s Marantz receiver?

I have a restored 2245, 2270, and a 2275 and in all honesty, with my mid to lower listening levels usually on aux input, I can't really tell the difference. They all are great for my needs.
  16. ncwalz

Thoughts on 2270/2275/2285/2285b/2325

I have a restored 2270 and a restored 2275 that I only use via the aux inputs. I think the sonic difference between the two with this type of use is pretty small.
  17. ncwalz

500c Restoration Chronicle

Very nice restoration. I've also had questions about the correct orientation of capacitors with regard to the outside foil side after viewing Paul Carlson's Youtube videos on the subject. My understanding, after hearing the responses of several individuals much more knowledgeable than me, was...
  18. ncwalz

Fisher 800B Restoration Video by xraytonyb

19. ncwalz

What adhesive do you prefer for faceplate grommets?

From the man himself: https://youtu.be/tk04pXMerLg Timecode: 16:39
  20. ncwalz

https://fashionandmash.com/e6000-vs-shoe-goo/ I guess they are pretty similar.
  21. ncwalz

Shoe Goo as suggested by Blueglow Electronics. Seems to work well.
  22. ncwalz

Sonic Differences between 500-B/C & 800-B/C?

Sonically, I honestly can’t tell the difference between the B’s and C’s. I like the look of the B faceplates over the C’s because they have a slightly warmer colour and have the tuning eyes.
  23. ncwalz

my 500b made me feel like the biggest idiot in the world

Done that too! We could start a self-help group. You've a nice 500b there!
  24. ncwalz

Time to replace 7591 octal tube sockets

Or maybe there’s a crack in the metal contact within the socket
Back
Top Bottom