Search results

1. Keizer

Machining a new aluminum chassis for a music streamer build. Finished coating opinion??

My plan with this chassis was to have a polished aluminum finish on the front bezel where the touch screen will be and a combo polished/brushed finish on other areas. I got half way into this and made the mistake of stopping by a local powder coating company and looking over their color...
  2. Keizer

DIY linear power supply

I am in the process of building another Raspberry Pi based music streamer. In the past I have always used external PS's. I would like to make a completely self-contained unit that has a built in linear PS. I will be machining the case myself so there will be no restrictions on spacing. I...
  3. Keizer

Paint ideas for DIY aluminum chasis....

I machined an aluminum case for a Raspberry pi streamer I'm putting together using Volumio. I'm trying to decide on the exterior finish. The round holes will have stainless mesh attached from the back side to allow for ventilation. The rectangular holes will have tinted polycarbonate to see...
  4. Keizer

This is rather depressing...

I recently purchased what was my holy grail of vintage gear. Something I would actually keep and not turn around and sell down the road. A Marantz 2385 in original mint condition. It was as described when it arrived. I have bought many vintage pieces but when I unboxed this beast it was just...
  5. Keizer

Great reception!!

I've been researching the forum for a good FM antenna to use with my recently acquired Pioneer TX9500II. Over the weekend I decided to hook it up to my TV antenna which is a large Winegard HD7698P. It's outside up on my garage roof. I was pleasantly surprised with all the stations I can tune...
  6. Keizer

My TX9500

I picked up a fully functioning Pioneer TX9500 on ebay. I had a local wood shop build me a case from Sapelle mahogany. He did a case for my SA9800 amp as well. I replaced all the bulbs, and used blue bulb covers to match the blue fluroscan on my amp. Enjoy!
  7. Keizer

My new TX9500 II

I won this on an ebay auction. Actually they accepted my best offer. I wanted a tuner to go with my recently acquired SA9800 amp. I know the TX9800 is the matching tuner for my amp but I like the looks and layout of the 9500 II better. I would like to have my wood working guy build me a...
  8. Keizer

My new SA 9800...

I picked this up a few weeks ago off Craigslist. I had a local wood worker build me a solid wood case for it. He made it from Sapelle Mahogany, and I think it turned out beautiful. Enjoy!
  9. Keizer

SA 9800 Fluroscan display question.

Last weekend I picked up a SA 9800 amp off Craigslist. The seller had it all hooked up so I could demo it. Everything worked as it should and it sounded great so I bought it. Last night I was listening to some music and noticed the blue fluroscan display had gone dim, then went back to normal...
  10. Keizer

Stereo stand.

I recently purchased a Marantz PM 8005 amplifier, and Marantz NA 8005 USB DAC Network Player. This was for an office system with limited desk space. I originally was going to stack the amp on top of my Network player but the whole idea of that made my (for lack of a better phrase) butt itch...
  11. Keizer

Athena Technologies Audition series?

Would this complete set in excellent/new like condition be worth $150.00? http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/athena_audition_asf1_asc1_asb1.htm
  12. Keizer

Pioneer Tower Speakers CS-K835

I'm trying to find information on this model of speakers but Google isn't providing much. A guy has a set in mint condition for sale, but he's asking $260.00 for the pair. Any help would be appreciated.
  13. Keizer

First time Veneer job....

I did some research here on the forums and I think that I'm more than capable of doing this job. I did have a question though that I couldn't answer from my research. Back peddling a little, I recently acquired a beautiful MSC 3275 receiver. Fully functional, flawless face plate, but the...
  14. Keizer

Connecting Ipad to DAC?

I have most of my music collection stored on my Ipad gen 4. I connect the Ipad to my vintage Pioneer SA-8800 amp using a 1/8" mini jack from the Ipad headphone jack, to the Aux in on the Pioneer. I would like to install a DAC between the Ipad and amp and connect it to the lightening port...
  15. Keizer

KA 6100 phono input problem

I just sold my 6100 to a friend. I don't own a turntable, so I never ever hooked anything up to the phono input. My friend is using a turn table, and after connecting to the phono input he discovered that the right speaker buzzes in and out occasionally and is generally weaker than the left...
  16. Keizer

DIY wood case?

I have a 2252b and was thinking about putting together a wood case for it. I've done some furniture building over the years so I am an experienced hobbyist. Does anyone have any pics of wood cases they have done? Ones that are unique and not a copy of the two different original styles that you...
  17. Keizer

Marantz 2252b speaker question?

I have a Marantz 2252b, and a Pioneer SA-8800. I want to connect the Marantz to the Pioneer. My speakers are connected to the Pioneer, so I was wondering if it will affect the Marantz in a negative way doing this and not having speakers connected to the Marantz. By the way, I will explain...
  18. Keizer

New to me SA-8800

Love it!
  19. Keizer

New to me KA-6100, and light bulb question?

I just picked up this amp yesterday afternoon. The only thing wrong is the bulb is burned out......fuse is fine. Is there a place to find a replacement? Looks like it's 8v? Is there a brighter LED solution? Thanks, and here's a pic!
  20. Keizer

Marantz 2252B issue

I bought my Marantz from a guy on Ebay. He said he was an electronics tech and did the following before shipping it to me. All new lamps and indicator lamps replaced All controls cleaned and lubed Bias/idle currant set,as well voltage's checked All capacitors checked for leakage All...
  21. Keizer

Marantz 2252 B volume knob

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knows a way to take scratches out of the face of the volume knob?
Back
Top Bottom