Search results

1. punkzter

Replace Sony Laserhead

I have a JAS Musik 1.2 CDP that has A LOT of trouble reading cds. It skips frequently when playing any cd that isn't absolutely perfect, and even then it skips. I've been in touch with JAS and they suggested replacing the laserhead. It uses a Sony KSS-213Q laserhead, which I can get on eBay. I...
  2. punkzter

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sep 9, 2013
  3. punkzter

Mystery Tube Mono Blocks & Preamp

I bet you could ask John what the build cost
  4. punkzter

Mystery Tube Mono Blocks & Preamp

Yeah, that's John Miller, I thought it looked familiar. He's pretty active on facebook https://www.facebook.com/tomcataudio
  5. punkzter

Help Identifying Make of Tubes

ah, okay. Thank you for that bit.
  6. punkzter

okay, thanks!
  7. punkzter

another
  8. punkzter

pictures
  9. punkzter

I have some tubes that I pulled from a Tektronix Oscilloscope. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the manufacturer. Two are 6922 and two are 6DJ8. Here are some pictures, and I'm happy to take more: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6mmRbAmjuADs5HYE7
  10. punkzter

My first Tube Amp or Pass Labs F5

If you can find a PCB for it, I'd recommend looking into the Get Set Go SET amp. Your speakers may not be optimal for the amp, but I think you'll be fine unless you play your music really loud. I built one, and it's a great first tube amp to build. I don't see why you would need a tube pre...
  11. punkzter

12AX7 suggestions for Cornet 3

I'm currently using 2x Telefunken 12AX7 tubes and 1x Cifte 12AU7
  12. punkzter

12AX7 suggestions for Cornet 3

While I haven't tested it against other phono tube pres, I am still using mine, and enjoying it thoroughly.
  13. punkzter

Haltron 6b4g tubes

Yeah, they do rebrand them. The seller thinks they might be RCA. I didn't know if any tube gurus here might be able to identify them somehow. It was kind of a long shot.
  14. punkzter

Haltron 6b4g tubes

they sure are
  15. punkzter

Haltron 6b4g tubes

I'm seeking some backup 6b4g tubes for my Get Set Go amp. It was designed for Sovtek tubes, but it's my understanding that any will work. I found some Haltron branded 6b4g tubes...and wondered if anyone recognized the manufacturer.
  16. punkzter

Looking to get into SET amps—recommendations?

The Get Set Go pcb or the Darling Clementine pcb (not really kits, but you get the board and the set of instructions) are really nice sounding amps. I built a G*S*G and love it
  17. punkzter

Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

Hi Scott, Welcome to AK. I'm just over the river in Harrisburg (well technically outside of Harrisburg). If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to chat. ~Brad
  18. punkzter

Mixing preamp tubes

This article would give you a short explanation for the schematic: https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_1/antique-sound-lab-15dt-tube-amp-1-2001.html But, in short, the 12ax7 tubes are dual triodes. Each tube has two stages. The top half of your schematic is one channel, the bottom half is the...
  19. punkzter

Mixing preamp tubes

My hunch is that if you use a different brand of tube one channel would have a slightly different sound than the other. What is the make/model? Or can you post the schematic? Others here are probably better suited to help, but I'll take a glance at it.
  20. punkzter

Mixing preamp tubes

I could be mistaken, but it might be helpful to know is the design of the amp. I have a tubed phono pre with 3 tubes (1x 12au7 and 2x 12ax7). The tubes run in different stages (V1, V2, and V3) and the L/R channel goes through each tube. As such, it made perfect sense for me to mix and match...
  21. punkzter

Audio Rack Clearance for Tube Amp

Given your budget, you might consider some of the diy rack options out there. I built a Flexy for my system and am very happy with it.
  22. punkzter

Matching old stock tubes?

Tctubes has a reasonably priced testing service. I've used it a few times.
  23. punkzter

Amp dead! Need suggestions for replacement!!!

Of course, you have the budget to go way beyond that.
  24. punkzter

Amp dead! Need suggestions for replacement!!!

I have the same phono setup you use. Nice! For a long time I enjoyed one of the magnavox console pulls. I'm currently listening to a get set go amp I built.
  25. punkzter

Tube Amp Maintenance/Longevity

I've heard good things about primaluna amps.
Back
Top Bottom