Search results

1. M

What CD Player Do You Use?

Denon DCD-860. Nice fast and fluid sounding player. Now starting to skip on some higher numbered tracks so not perfect, which is a shame. I could buy another for not too much maybe. I rather like the fader feature which can add a bit of finesse to listening sessions.
  2. M

How does the Denon dcd-860 stack up?

I've tried a few players in this sort of ball park. I would say that the Denon DCD-860 is a winner sonically if not the winner. There is no digital artifice but instead there is transparency and musical flow. The only snag I have with it is skipping tracks usually around two thirds into a long...
  3. M

Disappointed with Iphone sound quality

How do you listen to the cd player? Through speakers?
  4. M

Early Marantz CD player

5. M

The Rogers Owners Thread

B5F3A63D-A05B-4DFB-9812-850059B4E92B by minio posted Oct 16, 2018 at 3:28 PM4D7334EA-F97D-4B48-AEDF-C9C051517B01 by minio posted Oct 16, 2018 at 3:28 PM Nice condition for c25 years old. Sound fresh too.
  6. 4D7334EA-F97D-4B48-AEDF-C9C051517B01

4D7334EA-F97D-4B48-AEDF-C9C051517B01

Rogers LS4a front
  7. B5F3A63D-A05B-4DFB-9812-850059B4E92B

B5F3A63D-A05B-4DFB-9812-850059B4E92B

Rogers LS4a rear
  8. M

Early Marantz CD player

Thanks for that Robin. You never know when such info would come in handy. I had a Philips CD 850 that failed after warming up. Sold for a good price as spares and repair to China. The buyer must have had a fix for that. My CD 273 has just come through the door with no transport screws (gasp!)...
  9. M

Early Marantz CD player

ive just ordered a Marantz CD273 CD player from the early 80s I think. No remote ,not full width, quite like a Philips 104. Any one no much about these?
  10. M

The Rogers Owners Thread

It's getting harder to find these niche threads tucked away in a sub forum somewhere! I (re) discovered the Rogers BBC sound five weeks ago when I received a pair of LS4a's for a bargain $ 130 in UK. I'm luvvin the sensational mid range so much my old Neats (had for years) haven't been back on...
  11. M

Yamaha A-S500 reviews ?

Another resurrection for the AS-500 thread. I'd go with Pure Direct. If your speakers remain crisp and fluid sounding at low levels, no need for messing with the loudness control. On the 801 there is pure direct and a cd direct as well. I should look it up, but does anyone know what the...
  12. M

A-S301 First Impression

I’m a big fan of the A-S series. I have the 801 model, lovely amp, and have had a few other Yam amps in the past. A bit of warning about the loudness control. If you lower the level with the loudness control, do not press CD direct or you could blow speakers / output stage. I did this once on...
  13. M

Rodgers LS4A

A very very old thread about some old speakers but if anyone is interested I have just recently purchased a nice pair of LS4a's and am pleasantly surprised. I have purchased a few other old speakers in the past and have sold them on as they were OK, perfectly good but average. As some say...
  14. M

Who / What is blocking my favourite station?

Bloomin eck! I got into it with the laptop and entered your url and voila! Thanks for all your help +48V.
  15. M

Have got the IP address of the SM6 but comes back “unreachable”. I can’t find any instructions on how to enter the url manually.
  16. M

OK thanks for that. I’ll look into it and get back to you.
  17. M

Ok thanks I’ll have a go at updating the SM6 again, but it did say it was up to date on a recent attempt.
  18. M

I am now listening to Jazz FM UK on my mobile radio player through the same WiFi router that my streamer uses. I gather this must indicate the issue is with the Streamagic. It still baffles me that the streamer can receive all stations from Angola to Uzbekistan but not my favourite local station?
  19. M

Cambridge Streamagic 6.
  20. M

Here in the U.K. I’ve been listening to my favourite jazz radio station for many years. Jazz FM (UK) started as an actual fm station in London around 25 years ago but more recently I’ve found it on my internet streamer and have listened happily for several years now. Except that just before...
  21. M

Hi haven't been here for a while where's the streaming forum?

Thanks for the welcome back. I’m recently retired. Interests are music listening, hifi, and music playing and seem to have developed an addiction recently to cheap Chinese guitars which is hampering my attempt at attic clearance which I’m told I must do before departing the planet. Happy New...
  22. M

Squier guitars

I tried all the teles in the shop and went back for the Affinity. Without even looking at the price it was my favourite.
  23. M

Hi haven't been here for a while where's the streaming forum?

Hi just wondering which part of the forum is best for streaming or Internet radio issues?
Back
Top Bottom